Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Author Topic: Gardening with herbal magicks!  (Read 22245 times)

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
Re: Gardening with herbal magicks!
« Reply #240 on: July 10, 2021, 05:31:45 pm »

My mintbasilcatnipfriends have acquired spider mites of varying severity, so I've gone in on some oil spray stuff and diatomaceous earth to treat them. The catnip is suffering particularly harshly from other critters eating into the leaves, and the mojito mint is rife with the mite damage.

The lemon balm is otherwise unaffected, and pothosfriend just doesn't give a shit or hasn't been close enough to pick up the sick. Shine on, Murphy.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 10, 2021, 05:35:23 pm »

My wife's spruce sapling got spider mites. She was planning on turning it into a bonsai. Instead it got yeeted into a bonfire.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 10, 2021, 05:36:58 pm »

I got some pesticide for my raspberries, Japanese beetles were havin' at em'.

They're so bad this year that our HOA bought traps for the community.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 12, 2021, 09:36:31 am »

I have invested too much emotion into my flax :'(
Love, scriver~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 14, 2021, 03:22:05 am »

I opened up one of my three spetspaprikor (pointy bell peppers) the other day and it unfortunately did not have any seed (they were greenhouse reared, I read that can have a big impact on pollination) but it bad the sweetest, most excellent taste.

I had my first red tomato and ate it. Very tomatey! 5/7 would chew again.

Also, I'll be asking for stuff to do with all my tomatoes in the food thread. Feel free to share if you have any good ideas or recipes!
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 14, 2021, 03:27:29 am »

Hilariously, despite the "grass has taken over, the plants actually planted never really took off---" ness of my garden this year, the cilantro has been unharmed. (what actually sprouted that is.)

Also, the pumpkins seem to be doing well.

I have volunteer tomato plants everywhere, but none of them are doing anything good.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 14, 2021, 03:40:52 am »

God, pumpkins would be so much fun. My garden is super dry though, and pumpkins need like a low point (like a "natural ditch", you know, those places that are always green and lush) and lots of water, right? I did see on tv how one guy made a box for pumpkins by stacking old logs and compost. We have a lots of compost in our compost.
Love, scriver~

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 14, 2021, 06:26:30 am »

I grew pumpkins as a kid on a dirt mound in the backyard, so I don't think the low point is a requirement.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 14, 2021, 06:50:04 am »

Well, again, the grass has taken over... but.

Spoiler: pumpkins (click to show/hide)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 14, 2021, 01:16:24 pm »

Y'all need to stop asking for rain.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 07:31:01 pm by dragdeler »
let

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 14, 2021, 01:18:07 pm »

I grew pumpkins as a kid on a dirt mound in the backyard, so I don't think the low point is a requirement.

Yes, I did a similar thing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

None

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 14, 2021, 02:07:00 pm »

I found a pumpkin plant in the dirt pile at the end of the road in my old neighborhood; I think I kept the pumpkin atop my speaker for a few months. It was great.

My catnip has decided it needs to pump out flower buds instead of growing bigger and stronger. I've got phat nip nugs, which are probably more fun for cats, but I'd appreciate it becoming more plant so it can do more of that later.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 14, 2021, 03:11:57 pm »

I opened up a red bell pepper the other day to find that little internal proliferation thing going on.

I planted it, and the seeds are now growing. I hope I have enough time before frost to get at least one pepper out of it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

None

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 14, 2021, 04:39:51 pm »

You're a proper pepper propagator!

Edit: The catnip has inhabitants. Three inchworms have been pulled from from the one offshoot and some green buggin has been pinched from the other.

I am deeply unnerved.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 09:03:34 pm by None »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 19, 2021, 04:30:55 pm »

I opened up one of my three spetspaprikor (pointy bell peppers) the other day and it unfortunately did not have any seed (they were greenhouse reared, I read that can have a big impact on pollination) but it bad the sweetest, most excellent taste.

I opened up the second one: It had three and one third of a seed! I wish I could plant them now.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21