Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: Gardening with herbal magicks!  (Read 22277 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gardening with herbal magicks!
« Reply #225 on: June 23, 2021, 05:20:38 am »

There exist root stimulation additives from fertilizer brands, and there exists cloning powder for when you want to grow what you cut to a new plant. I rly don't know if you need them and if so which, just that they exist.
let

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2021, 05:21:33 am »

I am the onion lord
I sow my onions everywhere
Now their flowers bloom threefold summoning bees to the onions

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 23, 2021, 05:38:28 am »

There exist root stimulation additives from fertilizer brands, and there exists cloning powder for when you want to grow what you cut to a new plant. I rly don't know if you need them and if so which, just that they exist.

You mean crushed aspirin, right? (2)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 05:40:15 am by wierd »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 23, 2021, 05:57:42 am »

Scriver is our local Herbal Hedge Mage. Consult him on the subject of the folial arcane.

May I suggest

Grow some root root root
It's a hoot hoot hoot
Give me basil loot
I am Groot
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 23, 2021, 09:37:07 am »

I would have bet weird knows a "house remedy" alternative. Interesting.
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 23, 2021, 09:40:53 am »

By the way I allowed one of my basils to flower (apparently that ruins the taste? i haven't tried any of their leaves yet but I'm definitely not wasting them unless they taste hideous) because I want to have my own seeds (which apparently is kinda unnecessary anyway since basil is supposed to be like the easiest plant to take... off-shoots of?) and goddamn do they have beautiful flowers.

Actually wait a second pictures incoming
Love, scriver~

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 23, 2021, 10:24:30 am »

jesus christ the basilfriend that i cut from grew like a whole extra goddamn inch yesterday he's too strong

and the cutting has reoriented its leaves towards the sun again this plant cannot be stopped

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 23, 2021, 10:43:57 am »

I tested one of its leaves while I was out there and yeah it was a lot more bitter. Not uneatable but probably just over the limit of my enjoyment.

Left a very strong liquorice aftertaste that was pretty tasty though.

I think it's about 30-50 cm now. It's supposed to start flowering just below one metre of height

jesus christ the basilfriend that i cut from grew like a whole extra goddamn inch yesterday he's too strong

and the cutting has reoriented its leaves towards the sun again this plant cannot be stopped

It's definitely the spell I read!
Love, scriver~

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 23, 2021, 12:45:28 pm »

Scriver is our local Herbal Hedge Mage. Consult him on the subject of the folial arcane.

May I suggest

Grow some root root root
It's a hoot hoot hoot
Give me basil loot
I am Groot

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 25, 2021, 12:54:48 pm »

The cutting has a few tiny little root nubbins! Prolly still gonna be a week or two before I can put it in solid earth, but it's trying really hard.

The earthbound original decided it really really needs to be tall, so it's still doing that. Lemonbalmfriend appears to be searching horizontally for new terrain to conquer, the African violet surrendered one fuzzy leaf- I think it went limp after my friends stroked it too much. Pothosfriend is becoming tentacular now that I've moved it away from the sun.

I need more houseplants.

EDIT: I have one more houseplant, a large tendril off a true mint plant that my friend insist I take because oh lawd that tentacle's comin' for new soils. It's not the catnip I hope to grow eventually, but it's one more impertinent mint to adorn my abode. Godspeed and good fuckin' yard, mintacle.

Edit Edit:

The Mintacle has not yet sprouted new leaf growths, but seems happy. I have planted the basil cutting in a vasepotthing featuring pandas and repotted the original basil from its tiny hourglass-shaped vase to a larger, more ordinary looking pot that was probably meant to hold tealight candles, losing most of the rootball in the process.

It's basil, so it'll probably live okay. The newly planted cutting is more or less fine, but I wonder a little if it wasn't too soon. Total Green Thing Count: 7.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 05:35:34 pm by None »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 03, 2021, 12:13:46 pm »

Big news that I forgot to post about here yesterday! Yesterday I found my first flax flower bud in the patch!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They only blossom for a single morning wilter around noon. I was going to take a photo of my first flower today but u got out of bed too late and by the time I got outside it had already dropped all but one of its crown leaves (and the last one fell off when I touched it to get the autofocus to lock into it)

Love, scriver~

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 03, 2021, 03:15:17 pm »

I have a little garden on my balcony. Harvested the first salad yesterday, just lettuce and beet leaves. Also got tomatoes, green beans, and dill growing.

I got a bunch of free glass and plexiglass and wood, so I am building a little greenhouse cabinet thing to put on the balcony. That will give more vertical growing space and extend the growing season.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 09, 2021, 03:22:46 pm »

Dill and Cilantro get wrecked by heat, if you end up with a super hot week like we had here, make sure to water at LEAST once a day. My cilantro lost two days of watering when I got sick and never recovered. Died in the end.

My dill is recovering, but barely.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 10, 2021, 12:26:35 pm »

Yes, my dill suffered heavily from a heat wave and has barely grown.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 10, 2021, 01:22:51 pm »

My flax is all sad and hangy too.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21