Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Late-Stage Capitalism & Crisis Thread [ALL THE WAY TO HELL]  (Read 16595 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Late-Stage Capitalism & Crisis Thread [ALL THE WAY TO HELL]
« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2020, 02:14:06 am »

I have nothing to contribute to the dating free market (HA HA, CAPITALISM!) discussion as I've been dating the same woman for 17 years next month, and it is literally an entirely different world out there. I mean, we met in a yahoo chat room... do those even exist anymore?

I will say that everybody can probably benefit from learning how to work ideas and phrasing similar to "you're coming across to me like..." into any pre-fight friction point because god damn I wish I had figured that shit out fucking years ago, you're both on the same side, give them an out to sidestep being the bad guy and holy shit where'd the fight go? Oh, I seemed like I was trying to be a dick about my boxer briefs being in the wrong drawer? Shit, my bad, I was just confused and in a hurry so I carried a vague agitation around until I got home, didn't mean to vent at you like that, let's have "we didn't have a knockdown fight and need to make-up" sex now!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2020, 02:23:49 am »

I will insist that just because you didn't have a big fight and instead handled the fight like adult beings you can still have angry make-up sex if you want to
Love, scriver~

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2020, 02:33:37 am »

Well ok but I'm gonna need to see your junk and ask the missus first.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2020, 03:14:20 am »

Sorry mister I only send dick pics after the second date, what kind of man do you think I am
Love, scriver~

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2020, 04:29:59 am »

Frankly, if you use dating apps to meet people, you're only going to meet the kind of people that want to meet through dating apps.

I met my wife at the library. I've had other relationships that emerged out of conversations on public transport, at workplaces, or in 'typical' singles locations like pubs. Plenty of these people would never be the type to use an app to meet people. Just be assertively outgoing and put your best foot forward. People being people, you'll probably strike out plenty. That part's meaningless. Fear of failure is all that's preventing your eventual success.

As regards capitalism, I just hope my home country realizes how single-minded dependence on pursuing the slimmest margins and biggest profits has led them to this state. Recession is inevitable, everything stops growing eventually. Use the time to build a new model not tied to past failures.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 10, 2020, 08:31:21 am »

Frankly, if you use dating apps to meet people, you're only going to meet the kind of people that want to meet through dating apps.
So robots? All I get are robots skin walking as the mythical hot single near you.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2020, 09:00:04 am »

Capitalism doesn't really work on the dating market... For the price of a 1-month Tinder subscription you can also buy 3 wives in China.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 10, 2020, 09:11:17 am »

That just means your evaluation is wrong. People clearly value the possibility of a local match higher than getting an imported bride. So that means capitalism is alive and well but it was just wrong to assume the two things had equal market value. Purchasing a Chinese wife comes with serious negative social consequences, so that drives down demand hence the cost.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 09:13:16 am by Reelya »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 10, 2020, 09:12:16 am »

No more tariffs on imported brides!!!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 10, 2020, 09:14:27 am »

Trump can stick his foot in it by saying if he raises the tariff on Chinese slave-wives then more American slave-wives will get taken.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 10, 2020, 05:15:33 pm »

I've unlocked the thread, but I mean it, knock it off. All of you post about your sexual hangups somewhere else, and have some fucking tact if you're going to talk about human trafficking. Jesus christ.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 10, 2020, 05:27:27 pm »

I have to agree with that sentiment, I think.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 10, 2020, 05:58:10 pm »

I've unlocked the thread, but I mean it, knock it off. All of you post about your sexual hangups somewhere else, and have some fucking tact if you're going to talk about human trafficking. Jesus christ.

If their sexual hangups are a symptom of the end game of Late-Stage Capitalism, is it ok to post them then?

/ducks
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 10, 2020, 06:05:57 pm »

A side effect of Late Capitaliam is the degradation of various biomass (cutting down forests to make room for farmlands, as an example). Capitalism encourages short term profits over long term sustainability, which exacerbates our already bad track record of environmental destruction. If we don't change, we will render our planet uninhabitable to us.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 10, 2020, 06:06:27 pm »

Sorry mister I only send dick pics after the second date, what kind of man do you think I am
You're the one who offered angry make-up sex!

Incidentally capitalist solutions to the dating scene exist, they're usually made of various TPE materials and are priced accordingly. Though still cheaper than spending time and money and effort on self-improvement, wardrobe, exercise, picking up a new hobby, reading more, and similar such actions which will generally end up making you feel better about yourself whether you're in a relationship or not, which of course ends up making you seem more valuable as a mate because we're insane monkeys thrust in a world of high tech madness.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15