Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Late-Stage Capitalism & Crisis Thread [ALL THE WAY TO HELL]  (Read 16547 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Late-Stage Capitalism & Crisis Thread [ALL THE WAY TO HELL]
« Reply #210 on: June 13, 2020, 04:14:18 pm »

Man needs only one piece of hard wood to be happy, it is known

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 13, 2020, 04:19:57 pm »

Silver is flimsy and gold is only useful for heat shielding and some electronics purposes, both are shit for my purposes.

Steel and Wood are valuable to me, and I can only use so much of either before stressing myself out using them, so there is indeed an upper limit of both which I would want.
I get steely woods every morning
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 13, 2020, 04:52:52 pm »

Please keep wood and steel away from your meat, both can leave splinters, and neither will be fun.

At least you could use a magnet to retrieve a metal splinter, but you gotta use the magnets beforehand ideally, they suck so much.

I'm serious about that though, if I could have all the woods I wanted, a proper press-brake, and all the scroll saw blades I need, I'd still prefer working by hand at a satisfying pace. If I tried to use it all to make a bit more money I'd stress myself out and start hating it, while I love seeing things I've made being used far more than if I had cranked out a dozen of them and gotten money from strangers for them.

They bought the wrong sized replacement blade for a polesaw to cut branches in the yard here, I grabbed a part of a dresser I had dismantled and shaped it into a handle before mounting the blade in it so it's no longer useful from 10~ feet away, but is suddenly way easier to use up close on nearby branches and every time I go outside it's leaning somewhere different while the polesaw sits in the same spot.

Getting more is not as fun or as satisfying as helping others and being more helpful by letting them do things easier and thus enjoy them more.

Mother in law loves working in her yard, it keeps her in better shape than she would be otherwise, I love knowing that she gets good use out of the various tools I've made and modified for her.

Capitalism says this is the wrong way to go about things, I should be trimming back my work so it only lasts a while before breaking so I can sell her another, and do the same to everyone on the street, but then I go from being a craftsman to a producer of gadgets with planned obsolescence. One is worthy of pride, and the other is merely profitable.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 13, 2020, 04:56:28 pm »

Some meats are flavored by wood smoke, right? Just gotta make sure it's on fire and doesn't actually physically contact the meat, but I'd say meat and wood go together perfectly fine.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 13, 2020, 05:51:25 pm »

Silver is flimsy and gold is only useful for heat shielding and some electronics purposes, both are shit for my purposes.

Silver is antibacterial. Sell out your old germ-ridden friends for cash and get cleaner ones.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 05:53:42 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 13, 2020, 05:54:01 pm »

True, but wood butter (mineral oil+beeswax) has similar properties, I know it's done a remarkable job with the little nicks and scrapes on my fingers because I can't find a single scar anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]