How is everyone doing?

Good
- 0 (0%)
Bad
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 12, 2020, 05:45:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28

Author Topic: Minimalist RTD: Shape your destiny! (Players welcome)  (Read 52566 times)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist RTD: Shape your destiny! (Players welcome)
« Reply #240 on: October 06, 2020, 01:56:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Search for more jobs
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 07, 2020, 11:02:39 pm »

Thank the farmer and head out to investigate the missing water tower.

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 18, 2020, 01:38:14 pm »

((Someone hasn’t posted yet. I will wait another week))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 18, 2020, 06:29:20 pm »

Look around to find the legendary adamantine of dwarf fortress fame and Absorb it, making me indestructible.

(Sorry, here.)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 25, 2020, 02:21:28 pm »

Head deeper into the dwarven city and see whats going on in those parts.

(6) Well...good news and bad news. Bad news is you slip and comically tumble down a set of stairs. Good news is you land in a mosh pit-ish storage of gold, gems and other metals.

Search for more jobs

Two things get blasted on the news. The first is that the local water tower fell in today. The second is that there’s a guy in space running an interplanetary presidential campaign. Feel free to interpret those situations as you see fit.

Thank the farmer and head out to investigate the missing water tower.

(4) You set off with little to no interference. You should get there in...2 turns.

Look around to find the legendary adamantine of dwarf fortress fame and Absorb it, making me indestructible.

(Sorry, here.)

(3) Your search covers a lot of ground, but to no beneficial effect. The dwarves get a little suspicious of you.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 25, 2020, 03:56:52 pm »

Keep going.

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 26, 2020, 02:50:52 am »

Grab a few of the gold ingots and head further into the city.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 26, 2020, 04:05:45 am »

Oh, shoot. I missed a turn. I was wondering what was taking the turn so long ...

Lessee. Check my foodstocks to see if I have meat. The more the better. Gotta bring gifts to the hungry. If I don't have meat, send a crew up in the hip to a farming planet or ranch planet to get some. Meanwhile, arrange a bit of a vaudeville show with our various lifeforms to entertain and educate! See the incredible metal eating bugs! Discover the wonders of light saber technology! explore the mysteries of gambling and booze! Let's show these plant guys what the galaxy is all about, at least as it will be under my malevolent rule!

Spoiler: Aar D. Varkus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Travel itinerary (click to show/hide)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 01, 2020, 08:57:22 pm »

((Just three actions? One more week for the stragglers))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 06, 2020, 12:17:50 pm »

« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 05:06:00 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 06, 2020, 01:07:22 pm »

Continue to look around to find the legendary adamantine of dwarf fortress fame and Absorb it, making me indestructible.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist RTD: A mashup of fantasy Sci-Fi, and destiny (Players welcome)
« Reply #251 on: November 08, 2020, 03:04:25 pm »

Keep going.

(ETA 1 turn) (edited due to suggestions)
You arrive at the scene. Before you is a large gaping hole.

Grab a few of the gold ingots and head further into the city.

(4) You sneak some gold ingots into your pockets. Going deeper into the city seems to lead to most of the dwarven workplaces, mostly for crafting items, a couple for cooking food for the community dining room, the entrance to the mines, and a spot where trading is supposed to happen.

Oh, shoot. I missed a turn. I was wondering what was taking the turn so long ...

Lessee. Check my foodstocks to see if I have meat. The more the better. Gotta bring gifts to the hungry. If I don't have meat, send a crew up in the hip to a farming planet or ranch planet to get some. Meanwhile, arrange a bit of a vaudeville show with our various lifeforms to entertain and educate! See the incredible metal eating bugs! Discover the wonders of light saber technology! explore the mysteries of gambling and booze! Let's show these plant guys what the galaxy is all about, at least as it will be under my malevolent rule!

(5) Bingo! A bunch of storage containers just loaded with meat. You offer the meat and a show to the creatures (hidden) to which all of them express fierce curiosity, so you set up a makeshift theatre.
(3) Nobody seems very impressed or disappointed with the show, instead they simply ask more questions through mouthfuls of meat
(hidden) The questions are quite hard to make out though, as everyone seems to be trying to shout over each other.

New player?! How exciting! Welcome!

Continue to look around to find the legendary adamantine of dwarf fortress fame and Absorb it, making me indestructible.

(5) Your perseverance leads you to the entrance of the mines. Good place to start.
(Hidden) A dwarf in heavy plate armor blocks the entrance with a hulking battle ax while asking you what business you have here.

((Quick question for all: As you all may have noticed, I tried to make traveling actions take multiple turns to finish based on distance vs character speed. I probably should have asked if that was okay first. What do you guys think?))
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 10:41:55 pm by SuperDino85 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 08, 2020, 03:07:05 pm »

"I've heard of a legendary metal of the dwraves from aboveground. My particular ability is able to gain the traits of objects I absorb, so I wished to see if the rumors were true."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 08, 2020, 06:28:01 pm »

((I'd say not to make travel take extra turns, simply because this is a weekly game and that drags player actions out, making active players feel like they have to wait twice as long to participate. Since we really don't have a need to coordinate in terms of time or whatnot, it feels unnecessary. The exception would be if a player is heading to where another player is involved in combat or other time sensitive activities. For those, roll for whether they get there in time, and if they don't, either give them something else to do while they attempt to arrive, or simply tell them they'll have to wait until the combat resolves to participate. Also, if you have, say, 4 or more actions ready at the week, I'd suggest going ahead and posting a turn. Most players can miss a turn without falling behind, really, and that keeps the pace of the game up a little.))

Arrange some staff to answer various questions, and organize a theater troupe to put on more informative and entertaining plays about galactic history and how great I am.
Determine if the rock eaters would be viable asteroid miners, or if they would end up eating all the profitable ores and such instead.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 08, 2020, 10:39:10 pm »

((I'd say not to make travel take extra turns, simply because this is a weekly game and that drags player actions out, making active players feel like they have to wait twice as long to participate. Since we really don't have a need to coordinate in terms of time or whatnot, it feels unnecessary. The exception would be if a player is heading to where another player is involved in combat or other time sensitive activities. For those, roll for whether they get there in time, and if they don't, either give them something else to do while they attempt to arrive, or simply tell them they'll have to wait until the combat resolves to participate. Also, if you have, say, 4 or more actions ready at the week, I'd suggest going ahead and posting a turn. Most players can miss a turn without falling behind, really, and that keeps the pace of the game up a little.))

Arrange some staff to answer various questions, and organize a theater troupe to put on more informative and entertaining plays about galactic history and how great I am.
Determine if the rock eaters would be viable asteroid miners, or if they would end up eating all the profitable ores and such instead.

((Alright then. No more travel ETA it is. Also the main reason why it became weekly is pretty much different wording for what you explained.))
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28