Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Locations and room value  (Read 2077 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Locations and room value
« on: May 23, 2020, 03:49:37 am »

I used to designate temples and taverns from furniture room meeting halls, instead of location meeting areas.
I just noticed however that if you do that in the new version, they get no location value.
When I designate a guild hall from a table, it has value 4.
When I designate exactly the same room from a meeting area the guild hall has value 440
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Locations and room value
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 08:45:01 am »

I haven't experimented with temples, but the guildhall wealth formula is nothing like the old room quality formula. With the guildhall, you can just build a pedestal and stuff it with knickknacks.

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 10:10:08 pm »

i believe that someone in another thread discovered that if you designate a guild hall from an item of furniture, that item of furniture's value is not counted towards the guild hall's value

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 10:14:36 pm »

Not only that, the floor and wall value doesn't count either when you designate the room from furniture.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479