Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Potential bug, sand not collecting.  (Read 1193 times)

Kobold6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Potential bug, sand not collecting.
« on: May 22, 2020, 07:45:57 pm »

Okay, so I think I've got a bug. I've got 'sand' on the embark, but on the cave moss covered stairs I'm unable to collect any sand. I've previously collected sand or clay on stairs and over cave moss, and I was unable to collect from there even when there was no cave moss. I've half a mind to futher dig out the aquifer to see if being unable to collect sand is consistent.

I've made a few bug reports that were silly before, so I'd actually like the bug reports forum available to discuss bugs just to make sure I'm going to report something sensible.

Thoughts, diagnosis procedures, etc?

I'm using the latest version.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: Potential bug, sand not collecting.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 08:29:08 pm »

Moss will block sand collection, but sand zones allow access to the tiles adjacent to the zone, so they probably were using a tile adjacent to the stairs. You can, and usually need to, build a floor grate to protect a sand or clay source.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Kobold6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 10:01:09 pm »

Thank you, problem solved. I had memories that stairs and cave moss blocked sand. Guess I should have experimented a bit more.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 03:08:55 am »

I'll chime in to say that asking on the forum first before writing a (possibly questionable) bug report is the best alternative. Thanks for that.