Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52498 times)

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance
« Reply #975 on: June 11, 2022, 01:42:49 pm »

Mirka and Estela

"I'd like to." Ginevra said, "But Lily still needs me." She raised her fists in something akin to a ready stance herself. She really wasn't missing any chances to show her inexperience.

"Ohmf yah Im ffun." Sydney answered with her mouth full.

Eilyth

Patty's blush contrasted strongly against her pale skin. She didn't let it last long before she grabbed her confidence by the nuts and dragged it back to her. "Well that's good news." she said with a smirk, "I'd thank a goddess, but after this mess, I don't think I trust any of them with something like this."

She pocketed her knife and reached out for Eilyth's hand. It wasn't really a planned gesture, it just felt right to hold it while she said her next words. "We did it."

Monika

"Sorry, I probably should have called you right away, but I figured you'd see it on the news." Kellen apologized, "I guess I underestimated how busy the brass has been keeping you." She put her hands together and held them in front of her face in an apologetic gesture.

"While we're on bad news. I heard about what happened to Miru. Have you had a chance to visit her?"
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: June 11, 2022, 05:22:41 pm »

Eilyth
"Damn right we did." She nodded, gladly accepting Patty's hand in her own, "even made a few friends along the way." Speaking of, she turned her attention to Fairy and Jane, the last two of their party who weren't either dead or gone off on a new quest. Fairy was basically attached to her, that much she was sure of by this point. Adopting a ghost child had never really been part of the plan, but Eilyth had made her choice the moment she realized what she was, who she represented. That meant the only loose end left here was a certain Dame.

"Well, been a long ride, hasn't it?" She said to Jane. "Guess you're probably gonna head back to Tyran. You of all people already know this, but the Dragon and all her subordinates are dead. Killed by that freak of nature, Lady Erina, shortly before she went berserk and turned on you and Whalifit. You know what the Dame Supreme will buy better than I do, so you can fill in the rest however you see fit. And about my sister's grave..."

The request went unvoiced, but it should've been clear as day the way Eilyth looked at her. Brigitte belonged back home, where she could get a proper burial. She wished she could do it herself, but without Allia she didn't have to be a rock in the storm anymore. That had been the only thing that numbed the pain enough for her to keep going. This time there'd be no greater cause or someone else to be strong for. She would surely break before she removed even a single stone from that cairn.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 05:31:28 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 14, 2022, 05:26:39 pm »

Monika

"No, I haven't yet. Been too tied up with a few things, though I was planning on visiting her tomorrow morning. Did something else happen that I'm not aware of?" Monika asked, mentally bracing herself for the next set of bad news.

Astarte

Not bothering to offer anymore comments to what was essentially a brick wall, Astarte pushed her offense, continuing to step forward as she swung her sword properly, aiming for the spot where it seemed as though the cutlass ended and the flesh began on Spackle's arm. She wasn't concerned with a counter just yet... Spackle was giving her all the time in the world to play into her Holy Weapon. It was simply a matter of how hard Spackle wanted to go down.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: June 14, 2022, 06:09:15 pm »

Lunete

It didn't take long after Lunete found a place to camp out before a cultist stepped forth. She was short and skinny, probably malnourished. She had orange hair with brown specks in it, Lunete couldn't tell if those were natural or just dirt due to the white hood she was wearing. Unlike most of the cultists Lunete had seen, the hood wasn't part of an oversized robe. This hood was attached to a lightweight jacket and worn alongside shorts and combat boots. Though Lunete didn't need to notice that to realize this wasn't just any cultists. The gigantic fucking broadsword was a much more apt clue. Curiously, there didn't seem to be any gem structures on it, which meant it wasn't her holy weapon.

The redheaded cultist slammed the swords point into the ground, tearing the concrete open like paper. She then leaned against it. "Lunete Ellsworth, if I have the right of things?" She said with a thick accent that Lunete couldn't place. "I think we're due for a chat."

Monika

"You'd know more than me." Kellen said, "I just heard about the fight and her ending up in the hospital."

That was about all Monika knew as well. At least until she'd gotten her hands on Kirari's journals.

Eilyth

Jane nodded. "Even Tyran knows that the Dragon of Katria's remains should rest in her homeland, I am sure it will be no trouble to send her companions' remains as well. However, someone will need to receive them. Do you have a trustworthy contact? It would cause trouble if your 'remains' were discovered by the wrong party."

Astarte

Spackle moved her cutlass back to parry the attack, apparently still playing it safe. This was headed for a rather boring conclusion.

"Well we can't be havin' that, now can we?!" A bombastic voice erupted from the boat as a figure flew into the air. She landed with a heavy thud behind Astarte. She had a gigantic, quad-barrel shotgun aimed directly at Teya. "What part of 'Get tha hell off me ship, or I'll have ye hauled across tha keel!' Did ye not get, ye conniving wench?!"

Teya actually looked a little startled as she started to reply, "Well, most of it ac-" But she was quickly cut off by the thunderous roar of the shotgun firing. Teya actually looked downright scared at that. Mercifully, the shells smashed into shipping container, denting that instead of turning Teya into paste. "That be yarr last warning!"

Yava

As Yava shut the door, a look of recognition came over Siren's face. She quickly rushed over to see the necklace, and confirmed her suspicions. Sadly, Yava had already left and the ship was far too abuzz for Siren to hunt her down before she left. She hoped Yava knew what she was doing.

In the commotion, Yava was easily able to slip off the ship unnoticed.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: June 14, 2022, 06:39:31 pm »

Eilyth
She didn't skip a beat on the response, saying "Colonel Vulgara Metro, of the Oh-Tree tank division. There's not really anyone else left in that military who I'd call a friend, let alone trust with something like this."

Speaking of, she couldn't help but wonder if they might be able to speak, one last time. Things had been too hot to go back immediately after the skirmish, but by now they should've cooled, at least a little. If anything, getting back through Katria would prove more difficult than getting into contact with Vee-Vee at this point, what with the massive shit storm brewing up north and her 'death' no doubt putting the eastern invasion on a back foot.

"Thanks, by the way." She added. "You Tyranians ain't half-bad. Sucks that Katria can't get its head out of its ass long enough to realize it has more important things to worry about than reliving the past."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #980 on: June 15, 2022, 11:06:31 am »

Lunete

"A chat, you say?" Lunete somehow managed to look like she was lounging on something while standing. She glanced the sword up and down, noting its properties. "You, a lurker in the shadows, stepping out into the light to speak with me? There are easier ways to strike up a conversation. What makes it so pressing now, pray tell?" One thing Lunete did not accomplish was hiding the rising anger in her voice. "I have pressing business to attend to - but, as it happens, it involves your kind. So, speak."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: June 16, 2022, 01:16:00 pm »

Lunete

"Hey now, who told you I was a lurker?" the cultist pouted, "I'm a perfectly out-in-the-open gal. You're the lurker here, aren't you?" She laughed uproariously, as though she had made the funniest joke in the world. "I'm Ember. A close friend of mine has told me a lot about you, so I wanted to see for myself." Ember straitened up her posture, putting her hand on the hilt of her sword. "You see, she thinks you're a major threat, and having you and your Katrian buddy poking around is bad news. So I came here to talk you out of investigating. Sound good?"

Eilyth

"You are a good and decent person as well, Dragon. You have earned my respect, and I intend to ensure that respect is carried forward by all of Tyran after your false death." Jane said firmly, "I wish you, Patricia, and Fairy the best, whatever may happen." She bowed her head respectfully.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 01:27:30 pm by Takosher »
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #982 on: June 16, 2022, 01:33:13 pm »

Lunete

Lunete countered Ember's last statement with a significantly more maniacal-sounding laugh of her own. "Oh, is that so? I'm just a simple servant of the people, friend. And it's for that reason that persuading me to stop would be the same as persuading all Lanica to stop. And if you think you've come out of the shadows. . . well. Heroes cast the longest and deepest of them, you know?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 16, 2022, 01:40:41 pm »

Lunete

Ember sighed. "Mai said you'd say that." She hefted the sword out of the ground and, with one hand somehow, pointed it at Lunete. "Alright then, let's get this over with."
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #984 on: June 16, 2022, 01:56:25 pm »

Lunete

Lunete grinned. "Well then!" The Shadow meister spread her arms wide, as if inviting her foe's attacks. "Test your steel, then." She was content to let Ember tire herself out. Lunete's plan was to more or less do nothing but step away, let her foe tire herself out until there was a misstep to exploit and crush her with.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: June 16, 2022, 02:01:22 pm »

Lunete

Ember stepped forward and pulled her arm back, swinging the oversized blade in a wide, slow arc towards Lunete. Its reach was enough that only Ember's forearm had to enter Lunete's radius in order to make a meaningful strike.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #986 on: June 16, 2022, 02:16:36 pm »

Lunete

Lunete dodged backward and to the left, beginning a partial circle of Ember. "You seem very confident in your ability to match my strength. I'm curious what your 'friend' has told you about me." The swing didn't tell her much other than that she'd need to be a bit more cognizant of a foe's melee reach than usual. She still didn't quite know what her holy weapon did - not that it stood much chance of overcoming hers - and wanted to get a rise out of her.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: June 16, 2022, 02:20:42 pm »

Lunete

Ember seemed unfazed by Lunete's dodge. So unfazed that Lunete was caught off guard as the weapon's arc came to a sudden halt that was rapidly followed by its wielder stepping forwards to grip it in both hands and lunge. This put Ember's entire body clearly within Lunete's range. But it also put Lunete's stomach clearly within Ember's as the tip of the oversized blade flashed forwards.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #988 on: June 16, 2022, 02:38:37 pm »

Lunete

Her eye widened as the girl abruptly picked up speed. She hadn't anticipated someone Ember's size being able to maneuver the sword as if it were a knife, even with the unexplained ability to wield it. Somewhat clumsily, she tried to step wide of the thrust, attempting to move laterally as to keep Ember within her range so she could make a grab at the woman. Anywhere would do, as long as it kept her inside Lunete's shadow.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: June 16, 2022, 10:38:00 pm »

Eilyth

Eilyth returned the bow, then turned to Patricia and Fairy. "Come on you two. We got places to go, a few things to wrap up. Need to get new names and accompanying documents too, if we're gonna make this whole death thing stick. After that, we head north, start fresh."

She of course could only mean to Neridus. Nowhere else on the continent was safe for them. Katria was its own den of problems, the potential of blowing their cover being the latest. Despite Jane's promise, she knew there'd be some in Tyran who would continue to despise her, not knowing that their neighbors could've sent far worse monsters to their doorstep and that in a strange way, deploying the last dragon had been mercy. Mercy forced by mounting problems on the other front, but mercy nonetheless. Lanica probably gave the least fucks about her existence, but it was even worse off than Katria, and it was damn obvious the latter had its thumb in that pie.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 70