Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52529 times)

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance - Arc 1: The Game
« Reply #900 on: March 28, 2022, 05:44:29 pm »

Dragon Eilyth Motherfucking J Hutton

She feels her rage mounting as she reads the very words, scarce able to believe what she'd just witnessed with mortal sight alone. Amicus flexes around her neck in indignant warning, and in that moment she's distinctly aware that Allia's words of encouragement earlier were not merely empty talk. She has yet again been spared death by her mistress. Here in the final battle where she finally has a moment to shine, has resolved to go all out... she is still getting bailed out by others like always.

Like fucking hell she was. This sad prototype of a dragon dies now.

Barely a second had passed when she snapped back to reality. The broken scales that previously made up her swords were still in free fall, their hilts useless in her hands. There was never a chance for either of the Dragons to see them hit the ground.

"AMICUS!"
{The Stone Dragon's True Form}

A massive flare of bronze light lit up the arena as Eilyth screamed the name of her sacrifice, slamming against the very limits of the power he'd gifted her like a tsunami. She charged forward on a wave of living rock, her armor having lost any definable motifs as layer after layer of its many thousand scales viciously churned around her, emulating raging water like the landscape above. A static core lay at the heart of it all, the one fixture of order within this bed of chaos, using the surrounding madness as both its sword and shield. A static core that was virtually impossible to reach for all but the most immutable of powers. Not quite invincible, but hard enough to kill that it shouldn't matter, just as Amicus had promised her that fateful day.

The chaotic mass of scales that made up her arms rushed out in an earthen tidal wave as Eilyth made to grab the Bone Dragon, all so she could crush and shred her into oblivion. The rest of her scales were prime to do the same even if the little harpy bitch tried to take off again. No matter where she fled, no matter how much she kept resisting, Eilyth would not stop until the pulp of her mangled corpse adorned her scales.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 10:05:46 am by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 05, 2022, 05:34:54 pm »

Eilyth

Pulp of her mangled corpse was a more than apt description that needed no elaboration.

Eilyth became the second to enter the final boss room.

Kirari

"I will." Verna said, stepping forward to join Kirari in her descent.

The blackness that swallowed Kirari's descent opened up to a warmly lit bedroom that reminded her a little too much of her home in Tyran. Sitting on the bed was a teenage girl with short golden hair and teal eyes. She looked up almost instantly as Kirari entered, and recognition was obvious on her face. I see... It's time for that. Hello, Kirari."

{the end of kirari arceneaux}

Kirari felt a sense of deja vu from when she'd found Aia trapped in her body. It almost took her a moment to recognize that she wasn't looking in a mirror, except this time she had the knowledge that this other girl was a Steward to snap her out of it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 11:01:46 am by Takosher »
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: April 05, 2022, 05:55:37 pm »

Monika

Despite being in what could probably be described as "the point of no return", along with having a stab wound, by the time Eilyth entered the room, Monika was... Fairly casual. Casual enough to be lounging on the couch, scanning various documents that she looted from the shelves. She was more interested in passing the time than reading all the info stored in the papers, but it didn't hurt to see what they were about. Of course, the Major was quick to notice the Dragon's entrance, Monika flicking her eyes up to meet the other woman's, "Ah, finally. Someone else. How's it going?" she asked, gently placing the papers by her side as she greeted her only current company.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: April 05, 2022, 06:27:57 pm »

Eilyth

The storm of stone slowly calmed as Eilyth took in the new space. Not at all what she'd expected to find at the end, but it's not like that really mattered. Her grey-black scales were still slick with red as she cautiously headed deeper into the living room. By the time she reached the narrow choke point that seemed the only way deeper into the house, she was just as scaleless as when she entered the tomb. Out of an abundance of caution her tentacles caressed the hand cannon under her hoodie, one tip resting on the safety and the other fingering the trigger.

What she found on the other side though, did not seem to warrant immediately emptying the clip or transforming again. Partly due to the absurdity of who it was waiting for her, partly given the baton sticking quite noticeably out of that same person's stomach.

Monika
 "Ah, finally. Someone else. How's it going?" 

"It's... going." Was all she could answer with as she shook her head. So what she saw in the principal's office wasn't a fluke. Interesting. "Mind telling me what one of Katria's golden girls is doing here? Who brought you to the tomb?"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #904 on: April 05, 2022, 06:41:48 pm »

Kirari

"Hello." She gave a polite curtsy, as if she were back conducting business as a Dame. "I feel we likely know one another better than one might think for our first meeting, but I still have to ask for your name." This sense of familiarity. . . who was she? As if I never existed. . . as if. Is that what she meant? Not an end, but a change. Still sacrificing her existence, but not to oblivion. "I'd like to properly address my second chance."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: April 05, 2022, 06:44:10 pm »

Monika

"Lily did. Apparently, I happen to be a key part in all this, being Fate and all" Monika replied with a shrug, "Doesn't entirely surprise me that another war hero's happened to be a part of all this. Who're you working with?"
OOC
IC

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: April 05, 2022, 06:58:02 pm »

Eilyth

"So Fate's a person this time, eh?" Eilyth mused over the sentiment. "Unusual, but not impossible. And I ain't a war hero, I just got a talent for refusing to die. Helps that I'm Allia's knight too. You got any idea what's at stake here Fate? What's really at stake, beyond all the petty sibling drama bullshit?"

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: April 05, 2022, 09:02:08 pm »

Kirari

The teenage girl gave a slight bow of th head from her spot on the bed. "Kiara," she smiled a bit, knowing that Kirari would appreciate the next words out of her mouth, "Kiara Alabaster."

Kirari could sense the unease that she caused others was still present in Kiara, but it was different, tempered by the circumstances of her upbringing. Although they were the same person with the same memories, Kiara had still been given a chance to grow into someone better.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #908 on: April 05, 2022, 09:21:38 pm »

Kirari

Her eyebrows drew up a hair, the corners of her mouth turning up in an expression that seemed genuine in all its awkwardness. "Kiara Alabaster. I think I like that name." An emotion she didn't deal with often welled up within her. Something like happiness, or maybe relief. Joy, perhaps? It was a bit like the feeling of hurting people, but lacking a certain edge, and without the fetters of a guilty conscience attached.

"If this is what lies ahead. . ." The former Dame shook her head. "I still don't relish the thought of Kirari Arceneaux vanishing as if she never existed." Kiara knew that, of course, but it bore saying anyways. "But, given this opportunity, and this guidance, I think you - we, I suppose - can make a mark equally as important on the world."

Still, the warm feelings faded slightly as she contemplated the chill of oblivion. Kirari couldn't help but cling to what she'd done. It was terrible, horrible, deserving of erasure, but it was her. She was here, she had done those things under her own will. Her memories were etched into the world in a way none could deny - and yet it would all disappear. She would disappear. Kirari Arceneaux would be forgotten. "I'm. . . not sure quite what to say to you."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: April 06, 2022, 06:03:55 pm »

Monika

"... Not entirely, no. As much as Layla explained, it can be a bit hard to wrap your head around your life being a part of a cosmic game of chess, especially in only a week" Monika replied, ignoring the fact that Eilyth had mentioned that Fate was a person this time. She'd get back to that later, since it sounded like Eilyth had a far more on hand experience about this whole thing, "The main thing I know is that the world's at stake because of this petty sibling drama. Which I'm fully intending on stopping."
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 06, 2022, 06:29:40 pm »

Kirari

"That makes two of us." Kiara answered, "I remember being you, the same way you remember being Kira. But you're far enough behind me that I don't think I'm the same person anymore. 'Kirari will cease to have ever been.' No one else remembers you, mom and my big sister haven't even mentioned you and I'm scared to ask because I know what the answer will be. But..." she paused and took a deep breath, "I remember hearing these words, but I never got around to working up the courage to say them. I suppose I don't have any choice now...

"Thank you, Kirari, I'm glad to be alive."

Martyr

Ginevra tried to block with one of her nails, but Arturia's attack was too much, and she found herself flung from her feet by the force of the impact. She landed on her stomach and scrambled unsuccessfully to regain her footing before Arturia had a chance to follow up.

Trick

Trick paid a brief respect to Odessa's corpse before moving on. Their game of riddles had been a spirited one, but in the end, Trick was simply better at wordplay. Per their agreement, Odessa took her own life. Trick couldn't remember her past lives, but somehow she knew in her heart that Odessa would have paid her the same respect. For all of her whimsy, Gravestone was never one to take a battle to the death lightly.

Home

Allia was the first of the Stewards to reach the living room where Eilyth and Monika were chatting. She came around the corner from the stairs, passing by the vanity that had been subsumed by a pile of books rather than moved to the bedroom it was meant to occupy as she traveled through the narrow space between it and the pile of never-to-be-shredded bills. When she reached the little clear space that opened up to the entertainment area, she paused. She glanced at the screen, but decided not to address me, instead speaking to Eilyth. "I'm glad to see you made it, I hope everyone else is alright."

Beside her, the door opened up to allow Trick to enter, making her the fourth to arrive.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 06, 2022, 06:51:09 pm »

Home
Up to this point Eilyth hadn't even noticed the screen was on. Go figure.

"Yeah, I made it... thanks to some good luck." Eilyth winked. She didn't know why she'd been so upset by it in the moment. It's really not that bad to get a helping hand every now and again. Perhaps it was simply her nature flaring up for one last row. Overcoming that nature was why she was here now, and her predecessor was painting a cave floor to walls. "The other Dragon fought well, but I guess I made better friends with my sacrifice than she did."

She swore she could feel the choker flex with pride around her neck. What really gave her pause though was N's knight entering the room. Looked like things were picking up. Sun Bitch herself would be here soon. But she had something more important she cared about. "By the way, Leah... remind me what happens to the non-pieces while we're all doing the trial?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #912 on: April 06, 2022, 06:54:31 pm »

Kirari

She closed her eyes. "And thank you for shouldering my burdens." Kirari breathed a deep breath before taking in the vision before her once more. It was as she suspected. The ultimate death. The end. Being forgotten. It was anathema to her, but she was anathema to her past self. She'd prepared as well as she could. "I suppose there are many more things I could say, but there's one thing I want to express."

Her voice began to tremble. With passion or fear, she didn't know. "Don't forget me. Don't forget Monika, or Miru, or Verna. Don't forget Zoey. I know you wouldn't,  but I have to say it. Remember them, remember your mother, and don't waste our second chance."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 07:25:16 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: April 06, 2022, 07:08:40 pm »

Kirari

"I will." Kiara nodded solemnly. She held out her arm, revealing a small tattoo on the inside of her wrist. It depicted a rapier stabbed through a piece of cloth into the ground. The cloth was in motion, as if flapping in the wind, and scraps of it were breaking off like it was in the process of disintegrating. "I wouldn't dream of forgetting."
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #914 on: April 06, 2022, 07:40:54 pm »

Kirari

Kirari nodded. There wasn't much else to say. A bizarre mixture of peace, satisfaction, and existential terror roiled in her chest. She let Kiara's declaration settle in the air before breaching the silence. "I believe that's as satisfied as I can be. I think it's time for me to be moving on soon, no?"

Arturia

Keep going. Keep attacking. You can't lose, not again. Win this, you useless bitch of a knight! If she slowed down for a moment, she might lose her nerve,  and she might lose her last chance to help Lilith. Her wild attack continued as she raised her blade. As she drove it downward at the scrambling Ginevera, images flashed through her mind. Of fire. Of Kaede's life pouting from her body, drenching her heart's blade.

Arturia closed her eyes.
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 70