Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52478 times)

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance
« Reply #990 on: June 17, 2022, 01:25:07 pm »

Lunete

Ember's blade dealt a glancing blow to Lunete's side, cutting her flesh open with ease. Anything more and Lunete might have found herself very suddenly at the end of her existence. That kind of movement and power was a lot for something under the influence of Lunete's weapon, even if it hadn't been for very long. Whatever Ember's weapon was, it was allowing the sword to resist Lunete's in some way.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #991 on: June 17, 2022, 04:19:52 pm »

Lunete

Pain shot through Lunete, much more than she was expecting. Another person who could bypass her power somehow. Wonderful. The sword may not be her holy weapon, but it was certainly being influenced by such; if the girl's own weapon just gave her the strength Lunete feigned, the edge wouldn't have made much headway. Which left one more question: was the weapon empowering her?

Lunete elected to find out, in the form of a shoulder check that would (hopefully) send the much smaller girl stumbling.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: June 18, 2022, 04:52:04 pm »

Monika

"A fight is... One way of putting it" Monika commented, her memory jumping back to the journals that she had just read through, "I wasn't there myself, but apparently the poor girl shot someone and is in shock about it. Thought maybe visiting her would help her recover."

Astarte

Astarte somewhat expected the commotion to draw attention. Of course, she didn't expect someone to slam into the ground behind her and nearly blow off Teya's head. For a split second, Astarte really had to question what her lead had done in order to draw such a response, but she quickly shook that question aside, the blade in her hand quickly melting as she turned around, ignoring Spackle in favor of the new figure, "I take it your Captain Malakai of the Promise?"
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: June 23, 2022, 10:54:14 am »

Monika

Kellen nodded solemnly. "Taking a life is no simple task. I remember you called me crying the first time you killed someone." she said, "If someone like you with nerves of steel can react like that, it's no wonder that Miru is devastated. I really hope she recovers."

Astarte

"That I be." Malakai answered boastfully, "What's it to ye? Are ye with this scum-sucking wench?"

Lunete

Lunete's instincts proved correct. Ember was clearly far from strong, even without her power, Lunete clearly had an advantage in that area. Her attack knocked the swordswoman off balance and off guard, sending her tripping backwards out of reach for both herself and Lunete.

And directly into reach of Mirala, who suddenly appeared behind Ember and grabbed her. "I was right!" she announced cheerfully, "I knew they'd go after you. Great work Lunete."
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #994 on: June 23, 2022, 06:08:41 pm »

Lunete

"Indeed," she said, as if she had complete knowledge of Mirala's plan. "So, Ember," she began, apparently heedless of the wound in her side. "We still have a lot to talk about. And I believe my. . . friend . . . has some questions as well. Plenty that you can't answer, of course, but some that you certainly can. Would you like to provide entertainment, or information?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: June 28, 2022, 11:49:32 pm »

Mirka and Estela

"I'd like to." Ginevra said, "But Lily still needs me." She raised her fists in something akin to a ready stance herself. She really wasn't missing any chances to show her inexperience.

"Ohmf yah Im ffun." Sydney answered with her mouth full.

Inexperienced, almost certainly. But she had some good reflexes on her, so it wouldn't do to underestimate her - that was an excellent way to get yourself killed. "Yeah, that's about what I expected." She was moving before she finished speaking; no need to be 'polite' about it in a real fight! She'd dusted up her hands earlier so her Holy Weapon was active, and she could get right into the punch up.

With an unknown holy weapon, there were really two things you could do; hang back and worry about what they could do, or press them and try to keep them from doing it. Whatever this girl could do wasn't something that one physical blow could trigger at least - that much she could tell from the fact Mirka was still mostly intact after taking that hit. So she'd rush her, see if she could abuse that inexperience by pressuring her early into making a mistake; once she did, that was an opening to land a solid hit with her holy weapon and stun her...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 03, 2022, 12:34:40 pm »

Mirka

Seeing Estela move to engage Ginevra, Mirka set Sydney down, away from the action. Though she didn't charge in herself, Mirka kept an eye on the two, looking for an opportunity to strike without getting in Estela's way or being too obvious to Ginevra.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 23, 2022, 01:51:57 pm »

Mirka and Estela

Ginevra took a step forward as Estela rushed her. She didn't rush in herself, choosing to let Estela come to her, but that step was more than enough to show she wasn't backing down. If nothing else, she had courage. Since she didn't know what kind of move Estela would make, she held her ready stance.

Lunete

"Entertainment is fine." Ember spat. Literally, she spat at Lunete's face. "I didn't realize you were in the habit of relying on Katrians to do your dirty work. You spineless rebels really are complete scum. Do your worst, I'll pay it back twice."
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #998 on: July 23, 2022, 02:12:20 pm »

Lunete

"I apologize for needing something sterner than a human spine to finally stand up against the forces that have held Lanica down for decades." The comment had very clearly gotten under her skin, judging by the way she surged forward and grabbed a handful of Ember's shirt. The spittle was just icing. "Lanica repays her debts, and you're going to start repaying my kindness and charity in not ripping your entrails out and using them as a garrote with information on where you put the damned Katrian and my Shinko." She spoke in a low voice, practically grinding her teeth between words.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 07:11:53 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 27, 2022, 03:56:04 pm »

Lunete

Despite Lunete's intimidation, Ember didn't shrink. "Shinko? Is that what you called Mai's little toy? I'm sure she's fine. Maybe if you let me go I'll send her back in two pieces instead of dozens." she smirked as confidently as she could, the difference from mere moment earlier making it clear that Lunete was starting to get to her.

"Don't dodge the question." Mirala demanded.

"You're a sly one, aren't you?" Ember sneered, "Alright, sure. Katrian chick, she's at our secret base telling Eden everything she needs to know. Or at least I hope she is, because Eden isn't exactly a patient gal."
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1000 on: July 28, 2022, 11:36:06 am »

Lunete

"Well, then we have something in common." Her grip on Ember tightened, and she gave the girl a shake. "Who is Mai, where is this base, and why did you call Shinko her toy?" The snarl on her face made for an intimidating sight even without the influence of her holy weapon. She was banking on the combination cracking this girl.
GM of Trespassers V2.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 30, 2022, 05:37:47 pm »

Monika

"As do I. Especially since it happened in a safe place rather than on the battlefield" Monika agreed. She knew it was even more than just that, how Miru apparently shot someone she considered a friend... Who was and wasn't the same friend as before. That would have put a crack in even her.

Regardless, though the conversation had initially turned sadder for a few moments, Monika bounced back regardless, her trademark smile returning to her face as a thought came to her head, "Say, before we handle all the stuff the brass wants us to do and part ways again, care for a quick drink in my office? I've got a special bottle saved for special occasions, and I'd consider a family reunion to be one of those."

Astarte

"I am Lady Astarte Falck. And in a sense, I am with Teya. Or more accurately, Teya's with me" Astarte began, taking a short breath to properly compose herself before continuing. Though she dealt with Nyna on a constant basis, she couldn't afford to slip up with someone as notorious as Malakai, "To be blunt, I'm here to exchange information. You know something that I need, and we possess something that is vital to your operations in the area. I've heard that you've nearly secured control of a major shipping lane, am I wrong?"
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: August 24, 2022, 04:36:00 pm »

Astarte

The captain sized Astarte up for several seconds before answering. "It's best not ta discuss these kinds o' affairs out in the open air." she said, "If yer really here on yer own behalf, we can talk. But only if tha weasel is in chains and disarmed. Do that be fair to ye?"

Lunete

Ember seemed jarred by the shaking, but not intimidated. Even with Lunete's weapon causing her to falter, it was like there was something deeper that made her completely unshakeable in her devotion. With how much fear she was feeling right now, she'd happily rat out her own mother if it meant getting away from Lunete. "I'll died before I tell you anything about Eden." But nothing could convince her to turn her back on her goddess.

Monika

Kellen smiled. "You've grown up a lot." she sounded wistful, sad, and proud all at once, "I'd be honored."
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1003 on: August 24, 2022, 08:06:17 pm »

Lunete

Anger and consternation rose in equal parts within the "gallant knight" currently a breath away from holding a girl half her size by the throat. "I can oblige you on that, if you'd like. After some time, of course." Lunete drew. . . actually it wasn't a knife, it was an honest to goddess broken-off sword from under her coat, keeping her grip on Ember with one hand and pressing the weapon into her side. She glanced to the side at her foreign assistant, both to acknowledge the inevitable intervention and to let more of her confusion show. It was obvious from her expression that she'd never run into someone quite this ready to die for their cause, other than perhaps herself.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: August 25, 2022, 08:27:21 am »

Estela

Estela's rush seemed relatively straightforward as she launched a punch; her arm snapped out as she closed distance, towards her foe, and there was a flash of light and a loud crack of force. But it was a feint, baiting a guard or attack in one direction before a kick came swinging in from another.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 70