Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52496 times)

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance
« Reply #960 on: May 10, 2022, 08:02:27 pm »

Eilyth
She honestly didn't know what to say to that. The epithets felt so alien now, like it had been a lifetime since they were last applicable. Eilyth supposed that in some ways that was true. But just as true was that she'd only gotten to this point by working for it, and that at the end of the day, no one would either know or care. To them she had just been the Dragon of Katria. Not even a true hero back home far as she could tell, but certainly a villain Tyran found it easy to rally against. Her accomplishments in everyone's eyes stopped at defeating Lilly of Damnation. Nevermind that she had fought two physical gods and survived unscathed. Nevermind she had met God herself. Nevermind that she had seen the truth of their world and instead of giving up decided to protect it at all costs.

She finally got it. Why none of those titles felt right anymore. They were all reductive of what she was now. No, of what she had always been. She was no dragon, no octopus, no commander or knight. She'd merely adopted those roles as necessary, all for the sake of working towards the life she desired. Now was her chance to finally play the role she'd always wanted but never been allowed; a normal woman. Maybe the relative obscurity that had come with the latter half of her journey was a blessing then. Legends always had a much harder time disappearing into a quiet life.

"It's been a wild ride, Captain," Eilyth said, returning the salute with a wistful smile, "but all I ever did was my best. Couldn't have lived with myself if I'd done any less."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 08:28:15 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #961 on: May 10, 2022, 09:26:57 pm »

Lunete

"So shadows of a different kind dog your steps now, then. . ." She managed to stop the impending ramble long enough for Mirala to return. "The innocent rarely have the opportunity to flee when the obsessive are involved. I would know. Waiting will get us nowhere, we need to continue pushing forward." Lunete had to admit that Mirala had a point; she hadn't considered using random people in need as informants. It was something she'd have to keep in mind. . . after dealing with the cultist ambush on the way, of course.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: May 18, 2022, 08:18:10 pm »

Mirka

Mirka simply remained where she was - waiting for Estela's signal to attack, disengage, or otherwise. Now seemed like as good a time as any - Ginevra seemed like her guard was down, and she clearly wasn't a soldier or fighter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: May 18, 2022, 08:34:25 pm »

Estela

Mirka and Estela

A huge sigh of relief drained the tension from Ginevra's body. She didn't say it out loud, but she wasn't entirely convinced that Lily wasn't trying to die right then and there. That being her ultimate goal made it hard to trust that she'd stay alive long enough to fulfill it's true form. "Thank goodness." she said quietly. It seemed like she had completely forgotten that she was standing on a battlefield. Lady or not, she clearly wasn't used to fighting at all.

"Now then, that being taken care of," Estela said, idly rubbing her hands together. If one looked closely, there was powder dusted on her hands... "There's still some other business, isn't there?"

Idly, she let her fingers snap - a sharp crack sound - and a signal to Mirka.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 08:37:21 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: May 18, 2022, 09:03:12 pm »

Mirka

At the fingersnap, Mirka grabbed up the hostage and dashed away with a single swift motion, returning to Estela's side with the radio op in tow.

"We didn't appreciate the stunt you pulled very much." Mirka tapped her heels against the ground, emphasizing her spurs - her weapon.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: May 18, 2022, 09:03:17 pm »

Monika

Like her mother, Monika basically embraced the hug between 'heroes', giving her a deep, strong hug that spoke of how long it had been since Monika had last seen her. Even as Kellen brought up her new nickname and how she was worried, Monika didn't fully let go of the hug, merely letting out a small laugh, "You know me Mom, you know I wouldn't kick the bucket until I got to share the spotlight a little bit" she commented, before releasing the hug and stepping back (or at least, trying to. Who knows how badly Kellen truly worried for her daughter), "I wasn't expecting the sudden visit though. Truth be told I was planning on finishing the rest of my obligations here and then heading home to see you, figured you'd love to see your daughter finally 'step out of the house' as it were."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: May 24, 2022, 06:13:33 pm »

Monika

Kellen smiled warmly as she released Monika. Alongside relief at her daughters mental and physical safety, there was immense pride in her eyes. They met their mirror counterparts with as much joy as any child could possibly hope to receive from a parent. This lasted for a solid thirty seconds before a hint of tears forced Kellen to break away her gaze and steady herself. "Getting out of the house is actually why I'm here." she said, "Thanks to you, they're forcing me out of retirement." She laughed as she needled her daughter a little. "The Wrath of God was so successful that the top brass want to expand on that concept. They're putting me in charge of a new cadet program. I was hoping that while I was here I could ask you to have copies of your reports faxed to me? It would make my life a lot easier if I could use your team's work as examples for my cadets."

Mirka and Estela

While being rescued, Sydney kept munching on the bag of cookies that Ginevra had given her. The handcuffs that were sitting on her lap jingled to the ground alongside the rope that had been untied to let her stretch her legs a bit.

Ginevra looked a bit startled by Mirka's sudden appearance, but that hadn't stopped her from cutting a rather nasty gash in the Katrian meister's side as she dashed by. She was inexperienced, but her reflexes were top-notch. If she had even a hint of training, she'd clearly be a match for Mirka or Estela one on one. As it stood, they had a clear advantage. One other thing was clear: Ginevra would make it cost them to take her down.

Lunete

Mirala shook her head slightly at Lunete's words. She didn't fully understand them, but the general concept made it across. "So that's how it is." she said sadly, "These people truly are scum. I hope Silvia is alright. Your friend too, if she's been brainwashed." Mirala said all of this while picking up her pace, beelining for what looked like a more run-down area of the city. "You know the area better than I do, which way to the least people?" Their pursuers dropped the pursuit as soon as it was made obvious their presence was known, but it wouldn't be long before more showed up. Possibly many more, if Lunete was right.

Eilyth

With that final goodbye, Allia turned her back and Eilyth watched her leave with Farore and Mack's group. That left Eilyth, Patty, Jane, Fairy, and some girl Eilyth didn't recognize.

Patty came up to her and looked out on the Stone Ocean. "Weird that it's made of water now, huh?" Her words sounded like small talk, but her tone was different. "Eilyth... I... Well I'm kind of shit at this stuff. You know I'm with you all the way, no matter what, right? We've been through a lot, but I never believed in any of this war or game stuff, I've been here for you since the moment I first met you." She paused and toyed with her knife, doing her best not to look nervous. "I can't say I love you, we don't know each other that well. But you're damn hot and you've never looked down on me for being different. So, this might be out of the blue but... Wherever you're going, can I come with? I'd like a shot at those thighs." She smirked confidently, the same old Patty as always, even when she was so nervous she was sweating bullets.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 01:25:22 pm by Takosher »
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: May 24, 2022, 06:49:10 pm »

Eilyth

Despite the sorrow that still stung her as Allia left, she couldn't help but smile at Patty. There truly was but one person in this world who had refused to leave her. When she was a child, she was too foolish to appreciate that someone else genuinely cared. To make the same mistake again, after having rectified it years later only to lose that person anyway, was inconceivable to her. "You kidding? Of fucking course you can! Hell I can't think of anyone else I'd rather have by my side."

Though it likely would do nothing to help her nerves, Eilyth hugged her close, whispering in her ear as the waves lapped below them. "Besides, I think you're pretty damn hot yourself. It's not every day you meet a girl who not only kicks a lot of ass, but turns out to be a total ride or die too~"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #968 on: May 25, 2022, 10:57:48 am »

Lunete

"And so they fade as soon as the faintest light is cast. . ." It wasn't clear if that was actually intended to be out loud or not. Lunete gestured in a direction leading to a more-dilapidated-than-usual part of town, ruined recently enough that it was full of nothing but rubble and dusty rooms but not so recently that there was a meaningful amount of people trying to salvage things from the hollowed-out structures remaining. "We may find the kinds of space you require in that direction. It's a relic remaining after one of many claws at true liberty."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: May 27, 2022, 11:21:23 am »

Monika

"Force you out of-" Monika repeated, a small look of shock passing through her face before letting out a small sigh, rubbing the back of her head, "If I knew they were gonna do that, I probably would've cut back a bit with the Wrath of God.  But sure, I can send you some copies of my reports" she added, pausing for a second as a thought came through her head, "... Speaking of, I met Astarotte a while back, shortly after the whole battle against Saro. Figured you'd like to know that she's doing fine."
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: June 01, 2022, 03:59:20 pm »

Monika

Kellen looked a bit startled, and then sad. "Wait, did you not hear?" she asked, "Astarotte passed away yesterday afternoon. There's going to be a funeral for her friends and family on Friday and then a public viewing held for her on Saturday. You should come to the funeral, I'm sure she'd be honored to have you there."

Lunete

Mirala nodded. She still didn't understand about 40% of what Lunete was saying, but what she could get was enough. "We should split up. I'll go there, you head for the next best place. I assume you can hold your own, I'll have an easier time escaping if it's just me, and their lips will be looser if they feel less threatened. Meet me back here in forty-five minutes, no matter what." It sounded like a foolish plan. foolish enough that Lunete could tell it was at least half bullshit, but what Mirala's actual goal was remained indiscernible.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #971 on: June 03, 2022, 07:57:48 pm »

Lunete

The Shadow meister visibly appraised Mirala for a long moment. The Katrian could easily be trying to get rid of her; tell her to wait for a meeting that never came, it was a classic trick of villains. But, if she were to be backstabbing Lunete, then she would be both turning away her assistance and revealing her nefarious purposes for what they were. She would be hard-pressed to find her conspirator without the Lanican's assistance, and she did agree to helping. . .

In a motion that was probably a slight relief for Mirala's likely-incoming headache, Lunete turned away without saying a word, and headed for the next most abandoned section of town she could think of. She walked as if she were under no threat - because she wasn't, of course, even if whatever the Katrian spy had done had embarrassed her.
GM of Trespassers V2.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: June 07, 2022, 07:50:38 pm »

Monika

Needless to say, the news hit Monika like a fist was suddenly thrown at her, having to blink in shock for a few seconds, "Oh. Oh. I... Never got the news. Damn, that was an unfortunate way to bring that up" she replied, visibly wincing at herself with the sheer lack of tact that she had accidentally just shown. She truly had no idea that Astarotte passed, and just saying that she was 'doing fine'... Yikes.
OOC
IC

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: June 08, 2022, 11:09:13 am »

Estela

"Pretty nice reflexes on you! Not many who can land a hit on Mirka when she's got surprise on her side." Estela called. She was pretty sure Mirka was okay, since she'd been able to keep moving. She dropped into a boxer's fighting stance with a smile on her face. This would be fun! "Now, I think I should probably to ask if you're going to surrender quietly. I don't think you will, but fair's fair, even if it wouldn't be as much fun."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: June 11, 2022, 10:30:17 am »

Mirka

While Estela did the talking, Mirka gently set the radio operator down. "You all right?" Even as she asked this, Mirka kept an eye on Ginevra in case she tried anything. Could never be too careful.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 70