Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52510 times)

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance - Arc 1: The Game
« Reply #930 on: April 09, 2022, 01:42:33 pm »

Monika

Raising a brow at Kirari's requestion, Monika ultimately shrugged, taking the paper and placing it in her coat pocket, leaving a little sliver out of the top, "Can do. Sure you don't want me to read it now?"
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #931 on: April 09, 2022, 01:51:24 pm »

Kirari

"There wouldn't be much point to it now." She held eye contact with Monika for a moment, then sighed, looking down. Her duty is over. I'd apologize for putting that weight on her, but she would probably reject it. She did make that choice, after all. "I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for everything. You were one of the few people to show me kindness when I was lost and alone, and I would still be a shadow of a person if not for that, if not something far worse." I hope I'll meet the Sun again someday, in warmer times.

Kirari is ready. As ready as she can possibly be, anyway.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 09, 2022, 01:58:37 pm »

Alright, let's get started
Kallisto, I believe you have something you want to do before the vote?
Haha, yeah right
I'm sure you've already noticed that I'm suppressing your powers
Sorry, but there won't be any last-second murder today
Monika, you have five choices:
Allia
Nerys
Kallisto
Layla
Kirari
Which one do you wish to entrust with Fate and Truth?
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 09, 2022, 02:08:01 pm »

Monika
"Well, that answer is simple. Kirari. She's got some rough spots, but... She's the one I trust most in the room right now. No offense to you Layla."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 09, 2022, 02:21:15 pm »

Very well
Next, the Knights
Trick, Eilyth
Which do you choose?

Home

Trick looked at Farore for guidance. The child was doing the logical thing, of course, and already had her finger held out towards Kirari. If Trick had any qualms with this selection, she didn't show it. "The servant of self can only obey. Kirari."
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 09, 2022, 02:28:06 pm »

Home

Eilyth stared at Kirari for a few moments. She supposed she shouldn't have been surprised; the qualities for replacing Kallisto were admittedly low bars to clear. "Looks like you're the one we've been hoping for. Don't fuck this up."

She turned back to the monitor and gave her answer, "Kirari."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 09, 2022, 02:40:58 pm »

Mack, Verna?

"Kirari! Always!" Verna shouted cheerfully.

"Well, it's lookin' like we're all piling on Kirari here." Mack smirked, "I guess I'm good to back that."

Allia

Allia faced Kirari with a serious look on her face. "Like Eilyth said, we're putting it all on you. Sorry for the trouble, but you're my choice.

Nerys

Nerys didn't move her finger.

Kallisto

Kallisto's face was twisted with rage. "You can't do this." she said, standing up, "I've given up everything for us. For all of us. I won't let you throw me out like yesterday's trash." She spun around and waved her arm over the room. "All of you trying to replace me are fools! I don't need the power of a goddess to put an end to this, I can strangle her with my bare hands if I have to!"

Kallisto

"I KNOW." Kallisto screamed out in pain, "Kallisto, I pick me. And I'm going to shut this stupid farce down." She turned towards Kirari with menace in her eyes and took a step forwards.

Layla

Lilith seemed choked up for some reason. "I don't want to." she said quietly, "I didn't come here to vote to change things, I just wanted to ask you to let me die."

Kirari
The Truth is yours
What do you wish of me?

I know everyone just entrusted this to you, but it's time for you to repay me that favor from earlier. Kallisto needs to end. You know what to do.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 02:43:28 pm by Takosher »
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #937 on: April 09, 2022, 02:49:31 pm »

Kirari

"So that's how this goes, then." She could feel the somewhat too literal weight of the world on her shoulders, on her chest.

But, however much is on her shoulders, she can't go back on her promise. Not that she wants to, anyway, even though it means her end.

I'll take her place as the Steward of Faith and Love. I hereby renounce my existence as Kirari Arceneaux, renounce the existence of Kirari Arceneaux at all, and continue existing as the embodiment of Faith and Love in this world.

Is that proper?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 09, 2022, 03:10:45 pm »

Kallisto's fingers wrap around Kirari's throat. The sound of footsteps echo above them. Kallisto halts her assault, recognizing what is about to happen. The footsteps slowly work their way down the stairs, eventually rounding the corner where Allia came from.

She is a young woman, 20 or so. Extremely tall and skinny, perhaps even a bit malnourished. She's flat as a board too. Her long brown hair has been pulled back in a sloppy, off-center braid that is matted with knots and tangles. The dramatic black bags underneath her chocolate-colored eyes clearly broadcast how sleep deprived she is. She's wearing a pair of sweatpants and a short-sleeved shirt that leaves one of her shoulders exposed. She looks sorrowful as she trudges along, heading straight towards Kallisto and Kirari.

Kallisto lets go, knowing that nothing she can do can change anything now. The woman approaches her and the two stand face to face for the first time in aeons. Kallisto starts to speak, but the woman shakes her head.

She addresses Kallisto directly, but her words are meant to be heard by everyone. This is it, the end. After so long, she knows that it is finally time to move on.

{kyra} - script

As that woman's speech comes to a close, Kallisto falls to her knees with tears streaming from her face. Each drop that hits the floor transforms into a beautiful golden glow, and the light slowly pools around her. The woman does her best impression of a smile towards Kirari, and then Kallisto herself begins to dissolve.

"I'm sorry." Kallisto says far too late, "I'm sorry Layla. I'm sorry Nayru. I'm sorry Alexus. I'm sorry... ... ..."

The woman is crying too.

I'm sorry.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 11:05:45 am by Takosher »
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #939 on: April 09, 2022, 03:33:26 pm »

Kartia

She listens to the woman speak. Emotions stir in her, things she's still only just beginning to learn to deal with. The world makes a little more sense, in this light. The Steward wonders for a few moments about the other people, if they're the people she knows or if there are some others involved that exist in a similar space to Kyra.

She looks between the two as they cry. She doesn't cry, despite the sadness and grief. It's not her place to weep and break down, not again. She wasn't confused. She knew what she had to do.

I forgive you.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 03:35:23 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: April 09, 2022, 07:33:48 pm »

With Kallisto gone, things can only move on. The woman wipes her eyes and a look of gratitude passes over Kartia. Then, the television resumes its role.

Before we go
Stewards
Would you all agree
That the Game is over now?
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: [IC] Remembrance
« Reply #941 on: April 09, 2022, 08:19:08 pm »

Kartia

The newly-ascended Steward turns to the others, glancing at each of them in turn. "I don't see any reason for it to continue, but I can't speak for the others." Her gaze comes to rest on Layla. There's a question to answer, but it doesn't need to be asked. She'd already expressed a desire - but does this mean the rest has to continue?
GM of Trespassers V2.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 10, 2022, 02:27:36 pm »

Allia looks to Eilyth to confirm, but she seems willing to move on.

Farore never had a doubt that this would be the end, and positively announces, "It's time for this to end."

"I don't care." Lilith said, "I don't care whether this ends or not, I just want to die."

Home

The last one to arrive was more than a little late. She couldn't be there for the end, her end had already passed long ago. But her future wasn't set in stone. Seeing her immediately set Lilith to tears and she rushed over before Arturia had even come through the door and wrapped her hopelessly arms around her in a hopelessly awkward hug caused by the nature of their weapons.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #943 on: April 10, 2022, 02:37:24 pm »

Martyr

The Knight's reaction is quite similar to Lilith's. She's a bit slower on the reaction, mostly on account of sighing the biggest sigh of relief she's ever sighed in her life, but her arms wrap around her Queen's body as best she could. It doesn't take long for her face to become a total mess, screwed up in a hopeless attempt to stop the sobs from coming out of her at their reunion. "I'm sorry," she manages after a moment. "I should have done better, I, I couldn't help you, I wasn't strong enough and I left you alone and I'm so sorry . . ." Her words fail as she squeezes Lilith even closer.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 10, 2022, 03:00:05 pm »

Lilith ignores Arturia's apologies and keeps crying. She rubs Arturia's head affectionately, and then suddenly pushes back. This separation lasts only a moment before she pulls Arturia in again, this time going for a kiss.
Defile Circles Discord
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 70