Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52508 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance - Arc 1: The Game
« Reply #915 on: April 06, 2022, 11:55:46 pm »

Mirka

Mirka glanced over to her lieutenant, then tried to size the hostage-taker up, looking for any kind of holy weapon or something that could indicate a holy weapon that she had. She also prepared to break into a run to whisk the operator away from danger if need be...

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 07, 2022, 11:58:17 am »

Mirka and Estela

The nails sprouting out the back of the girl's hands seemed like an obvious potential Holy Weapon. She didn't look very intimidating, just a normal teenage girl at a glance. If it weren't for her weapon, it would be easy to mistake her for another hostage.

Home

"Non-pieces?" Allia repeated, "They'll just be put against one another instead of their past or future selves. Although I wouldn't expect those fights to go to the death, they usually finish up when there's a clear winner. Some might not make it at all though, since they might refuse to fight at all."

As if on cue, a certain bat-wielder barged in through the door. She took a glance around at the room, then confidently walked over and sat on the couch. "Sure is lookin' cramped in here, huh?" she said. Five people seemed like the most you could comfortably fit with its minimal seating, further arrivals would have to sit on what little floor space existed or stand behind in the narrow "hallway".

Martyr

Ginevra just barely managed to roll out from under Arturia's attack... and right into the flames. She panicked as the blaze rapidly took hold of her clothes. Her screams sounded uncomfortably familiar to Arturia, who had heard those exact same screams coming from her own lungs mere minutes earlier.

Kirari

Kiara shook her head. "Not quite, there's one more thing I need to tell you." she cast her eyes downwards, saddened, "Make sure Monika knows where our journals are. But please don't tell her about me. I... This is a second chance, so her duty to us is over now. As much as I would love to see her again, we can't live in the past, or else I'll end up the same as Kallisto."

With her final message out of the way, Kiara pointed towards the bedroom door, signaling the way to the end for Kirari.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 12:22:21 pm by Takosher »
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: April 07, 2022, 12:28:35 pm »

Estela

"Well, there's our voice over the radio..." Estela muttered. Couldn't be simple, now could it? Couldn't be far enough away from the hostage to launch a shot at. Well, Estela was not a subtle person. "Once I've got her attention, you know what to do." she said to Mirka, before striding out from their position of concealment.

"Hey there, crazy radio bitch. I am talking to the one who decided to threaten my girls, right? I figured it was about time we talk face to face." Estela called, once she was confident that Mirka had gotten herself properly out of sight.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: April 07, 2022, 12:34:53 pm »

Mirka and Estela

The girl was so startled by Estela's callout that she jumped a little. The radio in her hands shot up a few feet in the air and she scrambled to catch it like some kind of cartoon. Once she had control of her faculties again, she carefully set the radio down and faced Estela. "Um, yes." she announced awkwardly, "I am Ginevra of... Ginevra of Folkvangr! I am here with Lily to help protect her. So please, um, please stand down or I will hurt this hostage. Okay?"

The radio operator peeked around Ginevra and waved. A pair of handcuffs were technically on her, but only on one wrist. Her other hand was hard to see past Ginevra's leg, but appeared to hold some kind of bag. Her mouth was stuffed with something, making it impossible for her to speak.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: April 07, 2022, 12:39:20 pm »

Home

"Eh, I'm sure they'll be fine then." Eilyth shrugged. Patty could easily handle herself and it's not like the Tyranians gave out the title of Dame to just anyone. Jane had forced even Alto to retreat for fucks sake, and that woman easily had twice her experience in the field. She leaned against the wall and simply waited, occasionally tossing a glance to a certain bat wielder.

Hopefully her recollection of events proved correct. She hadn't gone to the trouble of making a truce for nothing.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #920 on: April 07, 2022, 12:41:01 pm »

Arturia

She felt her blade dig into the stone with a shriek of metal scraping stone. A curse formed in her mouth as her eyes shot back open, only to die before it left as another, louder sound blasted past the first. She- she caught- Arturia could swear she felt the heat traveling up her body, gnawing on her clothes, her hair, her skin, biting and burning and agonizing. Fear and horror locked her limbs in place, her eyes pinned open at the grim spectacle. Just- kill her! End it! She doesn't deserve it! Martyr was frozen, the numb cold in her limbs turned to ice, but she tried to force herself to move, to put Ginevra out of her misery so she didn't have to share that pain with her.

If she could.

Kirari

". . . I see." A large part of her had hoped to seek Monika out again, once it was possible. Yet it seemed this was part of the price to pay. It made sense. . . but that didn't mean it was painless. "I'll make sure." She put one hand in a pocket, sliding out a small, neatly folded piece of paper as reassurance. "Monika Sydow will not forget."

And with that, she opened the door, to face the end of her story.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: April 07, 2022, 02:22:38 pm »

Estela

Estela raised an eyebrow. "Well, I'm here, instead of wandering up to her and punching her in the face. Or trying to, anyway, that'd probably just get me blown to tiny bits. That enough of an answer? She won her fight, by the way. Seemed kinda upset about it, was sitting there crying when I started pulling us back. You know who she was smacking around? Katrian uniform, but I don't think I've heard of any of our meisters who can fight Lily of Damnation that long." Estela's tone was casual as can be, but her eyes were hard. "So with that little bit covered, why don't you step away from my fucking radio op?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: April 08, 2022, 03:02:51 pm »

Mirka

Glancing down at the support crew, Mirka slowly sneaked around Ginevra's side, taking care not to get noticed. While outright stealth wasn't exactly her specialty, she knew how to be subtle, at least.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: April 08, 2022, 05:45:33 pm »

Fate

In an instant, Monika recognized the non-piece that came into the room. Memories of a bat impacting her stomach rushed to her head, and for a brief instant, her hand, draped over the side of the couch, twitched towards her Halberd, which had been laying against the couch as well. But instead of getting hostile, Monika simply shifted her legs a bit, giving Mack room to sit, "Somehow I'm not surprised to see you here again. Mack was it?" Monika asked, raising a brow in Mack's direction as she did so.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: April 09, 2022, 12:31:40 pm »

Home

"Oh hey, I remember you!" Mack's face lit up, "You were sure givin' me a helluva fight for someone I hit in the gut." She glanced at Monika's stomach and saw the blood seeping from it. "You might wanna think about gettin' some armor for that."

Kirari's entry caused her to shift her attention again. "And there's the other one. You guys must be damn persistent, huh? Great to see you livin', was worried about my patchin' skills bein' inadequate." she was very clearly staring at Kirari's chest.

One more entry came in the form of Farore, who immediately beelined for the last spot on the couch next to Mack.

The screen flickered as a few more words were added.

Three more
Then we will start
Sorry there's not more space

Martyr

While Arturia froze, Ginevra didn't. Despite the pain and terror she was feeling, she forced herself to grit her teeth. "So this is what it felt like." she said, "Fuck, this hurts like a bitch. You really did give everything for Lily." Her hand flashed outwards, pulling back for a punch with her nail. "I guess I really can't hold a candle to that. Make sure you make her happy." Ginevra's hand flashed inwards, her fist collided with her chest, and the nail pierced her heart.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #925 on: April 09, 2022, 12:45:34 pm »

Kirari

"Monika." A relieved voice called from the back, as Kirari attempted to squeeze herself forward. She'd known Monika would be here - she was Fate, after all - but it was still good to see her alive. . . if concerningly wounded. "You shouldn't have run off without me. I still need to talk to you."

Mack's presence was less of a given, and she couldn't help but narrow her eyes slightly at the other woman. "I'm glad to have made it, but I must say, I did not expect to meet you in a place like this."

Martyr

Arturia just stared in shock as Ginevra impaled herself for her sake. "I will." She tried to force in determination resisted by the coils of horror and guilt. I didn't want anyone else to die for me. It didn't feel much different from killing Ginevra herself.

The encroaching flames and the lack of heat she felt from them snapped her away from staring at Ginevra's burning body. It was time for her to be run through as well. "I'm almost there, Lilith. I'm almost there." She shoved the weapon back into her chest, shuddering and stumbling back as normal sensation rushed back into her. Arturia gritted her teeth unconsciously as she looked around. She'd 'won,' right? That meant she should be able to leave, find an escape from the wall of flames closing in.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 01:27:36 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: April 09, 2022, 01:06:04 pm »

Home

Verna popped through the next next. Quite literally, she practically exploded out of it. Given how little space there was, this meant she bumped directly into Kirari. Unfortunately, they didn't have time for another reunion, because someone else was directly behind Verna.

All eyes turned to see the woman of the hour as Kallisto entered the room. She wordlessly assessed the various looks that targeted her. It was more than apparent that no one was pleased to see her. After a moment, she shoved a pile of papers off the side of the chair next to the door and sat in it. She then addressed the television, "You really do have to make everything difficult, don't you?"
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: April 09, 2022, 01:18:59 pm »

Monika

"Honestly, probably a good idea. Starting to get annoyed by how much this gets hit" Monika commented, gesturing towards her wound before snapping her eyes back up, meeting Kirari with a grin... And almost immediately putting her hands up in a defensive gesture, "Hey, I was fully planning on coming back to you, but I got roped into this. Didn't really get a chance to call back but I figured I would find you the second I was done here. Looks like I don't need to though, since you-" she began, her grin slowly coming back to her expression... Right before Kallisto came into the room.

She had never even seen that woman before, but instantly, the word "Kallisto" popped into her head and attached itself to the figure. And although Monika had no prior interaction with the woman before, there was a sense of distaste left in her stomach just from looking at her.

... Weird. Perhaps a past life had a bad experience with her?
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #928 on: April 09, 2022, 01:31:10 pm »

Kirari

". . . Kallisto. It seems it's time for us to properly meet." She gazed back at the Queen long enough for her to respond, then turned back to Monika. Kirari slipped the paper from earlier out of her pocket, then held it out toward her. "Before anything else, Major, I'd like you to put this somewhere you know you'll check when you leave this place. It's. . . something personal."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 09, 2022, 01:41:04 pm »

Home

And there's the last one.

Lily entered the room not long after Kallisto sat down. Seeing as it was mostly full already, she simply closed the door and stood in front of it. Her eyes briefly met her sister's, but she didn't give Kallisto more than a moment's acknowledgement.

It's time, Kirari. Are you ready for this?
Defile Circles Discord
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 70