Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52476 times)

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance - Arc 1: The Game
« Reply #615 on: April 04, 2021, 10:54:01 pm »

Monika

"Devastating, yes." Mina agreed, "But not unconquerable." She smiled a quietly malicious smile. "We have our own weapons. You, Emmery Canniba, Iragail Hall, and others. Neridus may think they have a superweapon, but they forget that Katria has always been the source of power in this world."

The fact that Emmery Canniba had made the list didn't lend much confidence. A woman like that was a last resort on a good day.

Astarte

After three days of skulking through seedy bars to drop Teya's name, Astarte finally got a hook. A young woman with short, silver hair and black eyes approached her. She was wearing a cloak, but didn't make any real attempt to conceal herself with it.

"I heard you were looking for me." Teya said, "Unless you've got a death wish, you better have a good reason why."

She wasn't especially intimidating, which made her confidence all the more worrying. She must have had something up her sleeve to openly threaten a Lady.

Kirari

"Explain later, you're hurt." Miru said, holstering her sidearm, "I already called a healer, so just rest, okay?"

After getting her healed, Miru helped Kirari sit up. After such an incident, they'd both have a lot more debriefing to go through, maybe a full investigation. But they had some time to recuperate, time for Kirari to explain herself, before then.

"Okay, now..." Miru began, "What in the name of Nerys's ass-cleavage was that?!"
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #616 on: April 05, 2021, 06:00:05 am »

Kirari

Kirari was silent for a moment that stretched out far too long, thinking. She wanted to tell Miru everything, despite how difficult it always was; Miru had been good to her, and she wanted to repay that good with honesty. She'll let it slip. Or want to kill me. Still, I can't remain silent. She looked back toward the Katrian meister, the conflict in her expression paradoxically emphasized by its half-formed nature.

"Like I tried to say before, the rapier controls people." Kirari forced herself to start explaining with obvious effort. "Everything within its grasp exists in a hierarchy, with the wielder's mind at the top. Just now, we were fighting for control of each other's bodies." Kirari wasn't sure where to go next; in every direction laid her crimes. "The body you killed was mine."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 09, 2021, 01:22:33 pm »

Monika

Raising an eyebrow at the mention of Emmery's name, Monika leaned back, folding a leg as she did so, "Canniba huh? Can't say I like the idea of using her. That generally means that we're out of options."

Astarte

Three days was what it took for Astarte to finally meet Farsign. Three days of skulking through trash filled bars, intentionally taking more secluded paths in the event Farsign wanted to show up to her alone, and dealing with all sorts of unpleasant people. Now here she was, facing the woman she had been searching for, instinctively flexing her hand in case something went wrong. Truthfully, Treya wasn't that intimidating, but Astarte wasn't stupid. She wasn't going to let her guard down for a moment,

"Yes, I heard from Mathyas that you might know where I can find Ambrosia" Astarte began, keeping her reason as simple and to the point as it had to be.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 14, 2021, 08:04:00 pm »

Kirari

Miru's head tilted to the side as her face contorted in utter bewilderment. "You're in your body?" she said, apparently herself unsure whether it was a question or statement.

Astarte

Teya pulled out a dagger and swiftly pointed it at Astarte, its tip resting firmly against the bridge of the Lady's nose. "You heard nothing. Leave, now." she said, "And forget that name if you know what's good for you."

The bar had gone silent as the other patrons all turned their eyes towards the altercation. Recognition dawned in a few sets of eyes, which were quickly averted, but most were foolish enough to gawk.

Eilyth

Allia sighed at Eilyth's explanation, and finally decided to pipe up with her own.

"That makes it sound like she ever cared in the first place. She wants to return things to the way they were, before this world existed at all." she paused to let that sink in, "If she had her way, the goddesses would return to their primordial state. What she wants more than anything elseis a second chance, but she can't have that until the very world itself is undone. Which is something that can never happen. The very basis of our world was fundamentally altered by my predecessor when she made the choice to become the world."

Jessie

"Understood. Hellia and Fairy will detour for an alleyway to ensure we maintain secrecy. Meet them there, Alice. Take care not to let the intruder know you're in play, and be ready to kill if you have to, we're not losing this one."

Monika

"Once upon a time, yes." Mina agreed, "But Emmery has made immense strides in her recovery over the past few months, she's safely participated in several operations and we now consider her a reliable asset. Actually..." Mina looked thoughtful, "Would you be interested in taking on a more duel-focused role in your command? Your previous unit has performed admirably in your absence, and dueling is your specialty. The unit that Canniba is assigned to recently lost its head, and you would make an excellent fit."
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 14, 2021, 09:25:34 pm »

Eilyth
"Damn, it's even worse than I thought then. Total world annihilation." Eilyth sighed as she leaned back into the bale of hay supporting her. Bad news to be sure, but it didn't raise the stakes that much in the grand scheme of things. Whether the bitch wanted to just twist the world or outright destroy it, she had no intention of letting her get away with it while she still drew breath. But there was something else as well..
    She became the world, eh? Figures. In a way, she's got even more of a vested interest in stopping this mess.
   "Well, that does clear up things. She's definitely off the deep end, nothing for it now but to drown her. The main question though, is where? I got told that in order to fix things, we have to bring Love and Faith to the place where this world meets the present. Obviously the Love and Faith part probably refers to the that bitch, or at least something related to her. So far though, I've been drawing blank on the second part of the riddle."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #620 on: April 14, 2021, 10:56:52 pm »

Kirari

How was she supposed to explain this? Kirari shook her head with a sigh. "Miru. . . I'm not a very good person." She visibly steeled herself, and pushed on before Miru could continue her reply. "This body was Aia's. I accidentally put her in control of mine when I tried to take control of hers, a long time ago. That's what she wanted me to give back." She looked down at her lap. At herself, at the frame she held selfishly instead of simply yielding herself to its rightful owner. Kirari had felt the pain of that death, felt the last breaths leave her original body - but Miru didn't need that detail. She'd been trying to do the right thing. "Aia had a good reason to want me dead. And you might too." She felt something inside herself straining, edging closer to a breaking point. I'm about to cry. Am I going to cry? I don't deserve to.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 07:54:02 am by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 15, 2021, 08:18:48 am »

Monika

For a moment, Monika could only raise an eyebrow at the General’s offer, seemingly giving it a bit of thought before nodding, “Well, it pains me to leave such a great unit behind, but they’re good women. They’ll carry on, although…” she began, trailing off for a few moments before speaking up again, “I can take the position on one condition, and that is that Kira Nerest be transferred to the unit as well. She and I made a great team when I was stuck behind enemy lines.”

Astarte

With the experience from constantly being threatened by Nyna, the Lady of Hell barely flinched when Teya pulled a knife on her, simply narrowing her eyes as the motion, before taking a moment to glance at the patrons surrounding them, “... No, I think not. But perhaps we shouldn’t talk about such a sensitive topic out in public” she said as her gaze returned to Teya and the knight at her nose, “That’s up to you, of course. Their whereabouts are of great importance to me, and if I have to, I will force said information out” Astarte added, once again flexing her hand. In the short time that she had her Holy Weapon, she had learned it’s various qualities, such as it’s rapid ice creation and, more importantly, it’s ability to counter whatever was thrown her way, so long as she was focused.

Teya may have had a knife to her face, but if they made any move, Astarte’s weapon would be able to handle it accordingly.
OOC
IC

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 17, 2021, 10:05:45 pm »

Jessie

"I understand." Lose the kid? Fuck no. Jessie didn't know what was up with them, but she sure as hell wasn't going to let someone else take them.

She changed her rooftop route, somewhat. Directed less toward the stalker, more toward the alleyway indicated. But not rushing ahead, keeping pace.
She wasn't letting this chance go, she swore to Allia. She wouldn't let a child - even one as strange as Fairy - have their future stolen away. Not like hers had.

Hadn't that been why she'd started doing this in the first place? She supposed she'd forgotten.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 28, 2021, 10:41:25 am »

Kirari

"No." Miru said firmly, "There's no way I'd want you dead. I don't get this body snatcher business at all. I don't know why I just had to shoot someone I thought was a friend. I don't understand any of it."

Miru's hands were shaking as she tried and failed to process what had just happened. The confusion in her words was palpable in the air. This was the first time she'd killed someone, and she didn't even know why she'd done it. It was nothing but cruelty to make her shoulder Kirari's troubles when she couldn't even sift through her own. And yet...

"But none of that matters! I don't care if you're a goddess, a demon, or even Marionette! Because you're none of those things! You're Kira! And the Kira I know is a good person, no matter what!" Miru's tirade brought her to her feet, one hand on her hip and the other staunchly pointed at Kirari.

Monika

"I think that can be arranged." Mina agreed, "I'll have the pa-"

Suddenly, the door burst open and an enlisted soldier barged in. "General, there's been an incident!" he said urgently, tossing aside formalities. Given such was a potential death sentence, the importance of the matter was clear.

"What is it?" Mina asked quickly.

"The Lanican woman with the rapier, she's dead."

Mina briefly glanced at Monika before answering, "So she finally showed her true colors, did she? Unfortunate, we can use every monster we can get in this war. You're dismissed, I'll attend to this personally."

The man bowed politely and left. Mina gathered a few things and stood to follow.

"You'll want to come along, the woman he mentioned was assigned to your company." Mina told Monika, "Although they agreed to it knowing the risk, I apologize for putting your people in danger. Truth be told, I didn't think anything would come of it. She called herself Aia Watts, and very much wanted to uphold that ruse."

Eilyth

Allia looked pained. "Another replacement then." she sighed heavily, "The Stone Ocean. We need to bring a replacement for Kallisto to the Stone Ocean. That's the only way to finally bring this cursed story to an end."

Jessie

Thanks to her much less restricted movement, Jessie was the first to arrive at the alleyway, with Hellia and Farore following shortly after. The intruder waited outside for a bit, perhaps debating whether or not it was a trap. Eventually she shrugged and followed, apparently unafraid. Jessie was able to watch and listen from above, lying in wait for the right time to interfere, whenever she felt it was right.

"A secret valley to contest the fate of knowledge? A fitting deceit for a soulless thief." the intruder announced.

"What." Hellia was unamused by the prose, "No games! Who the hell are you?"

The intruder grinned, "I'm dead people."

"Fuck off, if you don't answer me straight I'm just gonna shoot you."

"Unwise. My life is of no meaning, save for to the Steward of Spirit."

"Suit yourself." Hellia flicked her wrist, tossing a coin onto the ground between her and "Dead People." The bouncy clink echoed throughout the hallway, and everything slowed down for just a moment. Jessie had just enough time to cover her eyes and ears before the world flashed with a thunderous burst of light. By the time she recovered, Hellia was already on the run, the dazed intruder not yet ready to follow.

Curiously, the Fairy had also managed to shield herself from the weapon. She always seemed to be just one step ahead.

Estela and Mirka

To a Lazarri, preparing for a battle obviously meant sparring. As Mirka was the second strongest fighter in the unit, that meant preparing for battle meant sparring for her too. The imminent fight with Neridus was going to be huge. There were rumors of super weapons and powerful meisters like Saro Ven showing up. For a relatively insignificant frontline unit, that was a terrifying prospect. And that terror was another reason for the sparring match. The rank and file needed their morale up, and what better way to do that than for two officers to beat the ever-loving shit out of each other for sport? They were camped near the border with the rest of their associated battalion, which meant a dedicated healing unit, so they could go all-out without risk.

Their third meister, Iona, had tried to stop them, of course. She wasn't especially good with the concept of morale. Her concerns were usually more individual, stuff like "safety" and "rest." Certainly important, but not useful for hyping a nervous unit up for an epic battle.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #624 on: April 28, 2021, 10:50:04 am »

Kirari

Kirari stared at Miru, stared at the finger pointed at her in what should have been accusation. She didn't know how to respond. Miru wasn't like her, the Spirit meister wasn't a professional murderer like her. She didn't feel the thrill of watching a victim suffer at her whims, only the guilt that Kirari felt now. ". . . okay." There was no energy left to fight, especially when it was with Miru. Especially when it was trying to convince her that she should never speak to Kirari again. The girl was determined to believe a woman who still had the thought of murdering her and vanishing once more lurking in the back of her head was a good person.

There was one last thing she needed to say before she fully let go, however. A final statement that might fully communicate the person that sat before her. "I remembered my real name, Miru." She looked up towards the Katrian, fixing her eyes on Miru's. "It's Kirari."
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 10:57:30 am by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: April 28, 2021, 11:40:35 am »

Kirari

Miru frowned and lowered her finger. "That's what I thought." she said, "I was kind of hoping you had a different explanation, but it was the only thing that made sense. Aia was actually Kirari, so if you're actually Aia, that means you must be the real Kirari. Also your name is Kira? That's literally one letter apart, it wasn't hard to guess."

She sat back down and gave Kirari a shaky hug, one she obviously needed just as much if not more than the recently unveiled monster.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #626 on: April 28, 2021, 12:14:27 pm »

"You knew?" Her surprise was clear. "And you still think. . ." A long moment of silence ensued, brought to an abrupt end by Kirari returning the hug. "Thank you." Her words were quiet, and her breath was audible. "I don't understand you or Monika, and I'm sorry for carrying all this with me, but. . . thank you."
GM of Trespassers V2.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 28, 2021, 12:32:23 pm »

Monika

Likewise, Monika was quick to stand to her feet, still with her constant aura of calm despite the suddenness of the interruption, falling into step alongside the General, "... Not sure if I like the sound of how you described her. Who was she, if she wanted to keep up a 'ruse'?" Monika asked, doing her best to hide the fact that she had a suspicion on the 'why'. A girl with a rapier, reassigned to her company, and described as a 'monster'. Considering the timing, there was a high chance that this was related to Kirari.
OOC
IC

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 28, 2021, 01:28:17 pm »

Eilyth
"A replacement, eh?" She mulled it over for a moment. Stone ocean... not her first guess for where it would have to be, but it kinda made sense the more she thought about it. It was the one place on the continent, possibly the whole world, that had out and out supernatural bullshit going on without the known influence of any meister. It actually being connected to this great game they'd been playing for so long was the only logical explanation. The other half of the answer though? "Hmph. Well, getting there will probably be simple enough so long as we're careful. Or quick. maybe both. Finding someone suitable to replace the steward of Love and Faith though... looks like we're gonna have to solve that problem along the way. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it has to be someone who both fits the virtues she embodies, and is willing to take up the role, right?"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 28, 2021, 02:17:56 pm »

Estela

Major Estela Lazarri had been grinning like an idiot pretty much non-stop since they'd arrived. She'd shouted with delight on getting the orders. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary for her - she always got pumped when she knew a fight was coming. But this was the big one, a huge battle the likes of which hadn't been seen in ages, and wouldn't be seen again for longer. This was a moment she and her women could shine. So that meant she had to get ready properly, and if that got her unit as amped as she was, all the better.

The dueling field she'd picked out was a reasonable ways out from the camp, close enough that the rank and file could spectate but far enough that they (probably) wouldn't damage the camp. Estela was only getting more jovial as she dug into her pouch and applied the powder within liberally to her hands, practically already feeling the energy it would give her blows. As she stretched out and cracked her knuckles in preparation, she looked over to her designated opponent. "Don't hold back now, hear me?" she called to Mirka. "Have to give the ladies a real show!"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 70