Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52499 times)

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance - Arc 1: The Game
« Reply #600 on: March 18, 2021, 09:25:26 am »

Monika

"Not really. Truth be told I never really noticed all the oddities until reading the file. They just happen" Monika admitted, offering a small shrug to emphasize her point.

Astarte

"That would be greatly appreciated, Esteemed One" Astarte replied, not bothering to comment on his mention of 'keeping tabs on the competition', and how she'd do the same. She honestly couldn't be sure of that, seeing as she had only been given her position recently.

... But he was probably right.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 18, 2021, 06:34:34 pm »

Kirari

Hearing Kirari apologize out loud gave Aia pause, letting Kirari easily gain the upper hand mentally. With just a little push, Aia would be cast to oblivion, her mind lost forever without a soul to carry it beyond.

Kirari wasn't quite sure why she knew that, but she knew. If she went through with this, Aia would be condemned to nothingness. Death beyond death, Kirari's actions the cause. Even if she survived, she would have to live with that on her conscience.

Of course, there are other options, if she wants to hear them.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #602 on: March 18, 2021, 06:52:33 pm »

Kirari

Kirari froze once again. Other options? It sounded too good to be true. She didn't want Aia gone, even if she was reduced to a mere shadow of herself. That same shadow meant some shred of a chance to right her wrongs. What else can I do? Pure desperation, save for a stubborn thread of hope.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 18, 2021, 07:13:55 pm »

Kirari

A gentle whisper answers Kirari through her tiny window into hell. "Give your soul to her." she offers, "Or take her with you. Keep her mind safe until you can find a better answer."

A pause, somehow there even in words that ignore time itself, warns Kirari that her final option is the most dire.

"Or... I can return her soul. In return, I will need of you what I know you would do regardless. In the end, Kirari will cease to have ever been."

Although the words are directed towards Kirari, she can't help but feel as though the whisper speaks past her.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #604 on: March 18, 2021, 08:29:28 pm »

Kirari

The dreaming girl's hope grew, but around it wrapped a cord of dread. Cease to have ever been. . . The thought carried an indescribable swirl of emotions. Death, she could face. Torment and agony unending, she could accept. But a part of her tried to throw the thought out even before it truly reached her.

It meant forgetting. And Kirari Arceneaux did not forget. Nor would she be forgotten.

What do you mean, cease to have ever been? The dreaming girl's hope pushed forward. Would that. . . fix everything? Repair what I've destroyed? Or will I just fade? The nightmarish binding tightened. I have so much to do, and I can't just leave Monika and the others behind. And. . . what would I do? Regardless of what? She wasn't sure if she was the Tyranian Dame, the dreaming girl, the ruined shade, or the girl who'd finally snapped under her mother's insistent guidance, but all of them were uncertain, fearful of what might become of them, or their chances to repent.

GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 19, 2021, 12:15:01 pm »

Kirari

"You may know only this:" the whisper answers, "Your Faith in your friends will not go unrecognized." The standstill comes to a close as Kirari makes her choice. She receives no response, but she is certain that her choice has been honored, whatever the outcome will be.

"Aia, let go of the sword." Miru's gun was trained on the girl's heart.

"No!" Aia said through gritted teeth, "You don't know what she's done. She has to give it back."

"Yeah, I have no idea what she's done to deserve this!" Miru retorted angrily, "Kira is my friend, she's been really nice to me! You've been really nice to me too! I thought you two would get along, because you're both good people!"
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #606 on: March 19, 2021, 12:36:23 pm »

Kirari

"Don't shoot her." Don't shoot me. Kirari didn't actually know if she'd manage to wrest control back. She'd made her choice. If whatever this choice in the future was, was something she would do inevitably, then it only made sense to sign away her existence for this act of charity. I'll do what you ask. Aia's soul for the existence of Kirari Arceneaux.

She made another push, trying to reassert her control without upending everything and sending them back to the beginning - or worse. "I'm sorry. You have to stop fighting or you could lose it forever. She dragged at the hierarchy, trying to match minds to bodies despite Aia's inexpert struggling. She hoped that once the girl realized what was happening, Aia would realize that Kirari's attempts were genuine. "I want to go back too. Just let me try to redeem myself."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 19, 2021, 01:28:27 pm »

Kirari

"You think she's a good person?!" The rage in Aia's voice nearly overwhelmed her message with its intensity, "She's a thief and a murderer! She stole everything from me! You want to shoot me?! Don't shoot her. Kill her, she'd kill you if she could!"

Despite Kirari's sincere efforts, Aia resisted. She didn't have the finesse to understand that Kirari was trying to set things right, she only saw the tugs as a matter of struggle.

"Dammit Aia! I don't care!" Miru said, "Let go of the sword or I'm gonna shoot!"
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #608 on: March 19, 2021, 01:36:24 pm »

Kirari

Kirari continued to grapple desperately with Aia, trying to force herself to the top and Aia where she belonged. The hierarchy groaned and shifted before her; she scrabbled at it, trying to take back her voice for good - and the hand on the blade. "If you shoot we'll both die!" She hoped dearly that Miru would hear her voice, hear Kira despite the fact that they came from strange lips. The incongruous thought that her stilted mannerisms might help flitted across her mind. Her death grip on the thing loosened, and she raised the arm up in a gesture of surrender. "The sword controls bodies. Send someone to get a healer. Please." Kirari forced the words out as quickly as possible, lest Aia snatch control again. She had more important things to maintain a grip on - like the sword, or her continued attempts to regain the whole.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 01:40:01 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 19, 2021, 06:40:04 pm »

Kirari

Kirari's pleading caused Miru to hesitate, but she didn't take her aim off of Aia. The release of the sword didn't remove Aia from her place in the hierarchy, but it did limit her ability to change it. Kirari was able to push for full control properly, and perhaps she might have succeeded, were it not for Aia's scream.

In the process of trying to right Aia's body and return it to her, Kirari fed the girl pain from the attack on her neck. Knowing what had hurt her, Aia lashed out and grabbed the weapon once more. She yanked it free, causing Kirari to lose her control of the hierarchy, and lashed out at Miru. Aia's power flowed into the blade, intent on ensnaring Miru and her sidearm.

And then it flowed back.

A sudden burst of energy shocked Aia's grip free of the blade. It clattered to the floor as she recoiled in pain. But it wasn't the backfire that had stopped her. The ringing in both sets of ears caused by the discharge of Miru's gun revealed the truth. The pain in Kirari's stomach was masked by the shock, which was further revealed by the look of surprise and distress on her face as she stared at Miru through shared eyes. She collapsed to the floor, clutching vainly at the hole in her chest.

"Why?" Aia gasped with her last breath.

Beside Kirari, the scarf she had wielded for so long crumbled to dust, heralding the death of its owner.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #610 on: March 19, 2021, 07:06:50 pm »

Kirari

Is this really how it ends? It was fitting, her life ending in agonizing pain, the death blow dealt by someone close to her heart. If the bargain she'd struck held, that meant Aia wasn't doomed to oblivion at Kirari's hands. I still have so much to do. . . The world turned ninety degrees in a blurry, fading arc, before the last breath finally left the nightmare's wicked frame.

And then her chest rose again, only a foot or so away. Her corpse was visible out of the corner of her eye, the tapestry she'd crafted over years peeking out from beneath the clothing Aia had used to conceal it from the world. "No. . ." She tried to shift her head, and another spike of agony pinned her in place. "I was hoping. . . I wanted her to. . ." She squeezed her eyes shut. Not for pain, but holding back tears she was unaccustomed to controlling. She's moved on. Her nightmare is over.

"I'm sorry." It was all she could say. Kirari knew the words fixed nothing, meant nothing, but she had to use them anyway. "I can. . . try to explain. But you'll hate me."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 20, 2021, 03:01:12 pm »

Yava

Kallisto snorted in amusement. "I appreciate the effort, but you don't need to talk like that." she said. Despite the admonishment, it was apparent that Yava's groveling had the intended effect. "There's a lot to do, but I'll handle most of it. Although I have a couple things you can help with, I'll let you pick. I need someone to track down the Seer that's been meddling, you could do that best since you're invisible to her. You could go try to recruit Arrow, although even among Princes she's a wildcard. Or, if you found it to your taste, I do have a few more people I need assassinated."

Eilyth

A bunch of Katrians holing up in a rented barn didn't make for an ideal hideout, but it was at least somewhere to sleep comfortably. The elderly couple had even brought breakfast without asking any questions. Of course, that didn't mean there weren't any questions to be answered.

"So this Kallisto chick is actually a goddess, no bullshit?" Patricia asked for the umpteenth time, "Why the fuck would she try to blast us? Isn't our whole thing about being a theocracy? Why not just go wave her divine tits around the capital for a few? We'd be working for her in no time."

Monika

Mina sighed and leaned back in her chair. "Well, that's a dead end then. I was hoping you knew what was happening. Better yet, that you could control it. We're going to need all the help we can get against this Neridan superweapon." she pursed her lips grimly.

Astarte

"Teya Farsign. I don't know where to find her, she's the type of person who finds you. Drop her name in a few of the seedier bars around town, she'll show up eventually." Mathyas explained.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 20, 2021, 07:25:58 pm »

Yava
She had no idea who 'Arrow' was supposed to refer to specifically. Nor did she have much intention of getting involved with a Prince at this point. Sure, they were the most powerful pieces on the board, but Kallisto's new status had very likely flipped that board and the whole damn table supporting it. That recruitment run sounded like a whole lot of risk of death for no good pay-off. Continuing to play the part of the assassin was... no. Just. No. Not if she was being given a choice in the matter.
    "Very well," Yava said, rising to her feet, "I will track down Seer then. Do you have any suggestions where to begin?"

Eilyth
"Eh well, I'd say she's more of a crazy bitch drunk on her own power, but yeah. Pretty much." She had gotten more or less use to the disbelief by now. It was annoying at first, but in time Eilyth reminded herself that the others had not seen what she had, nor had access to the knowledge and memories she'd inherited. To her this was simply a new development in an eons long drama. To them it was challenging the very foundations of their world view. The last few questions were genuinely good ones though, and she already been pondering them herself. "Because Katria doesn't matter to her. Tyran doesn't matter to her. Neridus doesn't matter to her. None of it does, this current world is just the latest in a long line of resets. Resets she keeps causing."
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 07:41:04 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 20, 2021, 11:49:34 pm »

Jessie

"Shit. Lali, we got an interceptor. Dark hair, beeline toward Hellia and Farore." Even as she said her warning, Jessie was dashing across the nearby rooftops, trying to make her way to the interceptor as quickly as possible without losing sight of them. She was not letting someone else do... goddesses-know-what to Farore.
Even if that kid can probably protect herself quite well... Jessie shook herself. Didn't matter. You don't leave kids to deal with that shit when there's adults to deal with it instead.

Silvia

Silvia's quarterstaff makes half a rotation. One sheet of paper - on an Ambrosia Viard - is plucked from the pile, rapidly folded into a small square, and deposited in a pocket for later review.
The quarterstaff makes another half rotation, and Silvia shifts back into sync with reality.

"Ah- shit, uh, let me help..."
And with that, Silvia started brushing aside files, something which would doubtlessly erased hours worth of work had they not already been erased in the collapse.
Seriously, who the fuck decided it would be a good idea to give somebody that much paperwork to hold?!?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 04:01:25 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 23, 2021, 02:02:55 pm »

Monika

"Yeah, no luck there. Sorry about that" Monika answered with yet another shrug, shortly before letting out a sigh, her expression becoming more serious as she recalled the superweapon, "I get the worry though. That weapon of theirs is going to be devastating if they field it. Would've destroyed it if I had some chance of making it back alive."

Astarte

"Teya Farsign..." was Astarte's initial response, testing how the name sounded before nodding, "I'll keep her in mind. Thank you for your assistance and your time, Esteemed One. I'll be taking my leave now" she added, giving the Esteemed One a slight nod before turning on her heel. She got what she needed from him, and now she just had to find where this 'Farsign' was. Ordinarily, she would start by going through civilian records to try and find where her quarry was.

But, the way things were, it was probably best if she went straight with Mathyas' suggestion. Having Farsign come to her would likely be far easier than trying to track her down.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 08:11:54 pm by GodofGamingRWBY »
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 70