Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52545 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance
« Reply #300 on: August 08, 2020, 08:46:29 pm »

Jessie

"Kidnapping sounds... interesting. Though, who're this kid's parents? They can't just want a child."

Jessie was... less than enthused. It was a job, hell, even the sort of job she liked, the flashy kind that meant you could dramatically disappear at an opportune moment, but... a kid?
Did it have to be a kid?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 08, 2020, 09:57:05 pm »

Jessie

"The client didn't mention anything about parents, so it's safe to assume they're a non-factor." Lali answered.

Hellia fiddled with one of her gadgets thoughtfully. "What's our window of opportunity?" she asked, "There must be a reason the client picked now."

"This is the first time she's been in Neridus." Lali explained, "They couldn't track her accurately without Neridan technology, so they were chasing sightings. But now they have the ability to pin her location down accurately."

Yava

Nyna quickly jabbed Yava in her non-frozen leg to ensure the thief couldn't flee. She then rolled forward to face off against Solamon directly. "I think I'd do just fine provoking you. Bitch." Nyna side spitefully, "You might hold a higher title, but that doesn't mean I'm going to let you walk all over how I handle things in my own city." She drove her sword through her legs, freezing them both, and then stood. She moved with surprising grace for someone who couldn't walk most of the time. taking up a fighting stance without so much as a wobble.

Solamon responded by dropping her suitcase. She kept hold of a cord that was attached to it as it felt, yanking her arm up opposite the case. At the cord's maximum extension, a loud whirring noise burst out of the case, followed a moment later by the case itself exploding as Solamon's gunmetal and pink chainsaw leapt free of its confines. It bounced back up as Solamon lowered her arm, releasing the cord and catching the chainsaw in both hands as she did so. Despite her dainty princess-like appearance, Solamon clearly knew how to handle herself in a fight.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 08, 2020, 10:20:48 pm »

« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 08:44:11 am by Glass »

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 08, 2020, 10:25:44 pm »

Yava
"Pizdets, you little Svolach!" Yava shook her head in mild annoyance as the Lady froze her other leg, effectively foiling her current plan of escape. Now forced to wait for both her legs to thaw, she saw little point bothering the poncho and let her power ebb in it's current task until soon stopping altogether. Her only real option left was to try altering something so that it would fizzle the psycho's ice trick, but that would take too long. That meant that, though in theory she could still escape, in practice she was basically stuck there. Watching, waiting. Hopefully the one with the chainsaw could drive off the Ice Queen.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 06:45:05 am by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 09, 2020, 10:23:19 am »

L (and Silvia!)
Terra's eye twitched a bit and L almost thought the girl was about to snarl like an animal. She didn't, but the energy was there. Instead, she stood up suddenly and took her bowl to the sink. "It's late." she said flatly, "I'm going to bed. Thank you for your consideration, I'll be sure to do my best if you decide to have me along." Without letting L respond properly, or even so much as a goodbye, she made a beeline for the stairs and went to bed.

The next day...

L being out late was a definite negative for the soon-to-be-strike-team, as it was impossible for the worn out woman to be up at any sort of reasonable time. Eventually they'd been forced to convene their meeting in L's cramped room with the major still struggling to wake up, even with Cay's assistance. But considering how little time they had to deliberate, she had little choice.

Kirari

Verna released Kirari from the hug and made her best attempt as a reassuring smile. Unfortunately it was more of a psychotic smirk, but the thought was there. "Doc is never happy." she said jokingly, "I'm sure that whatever happened, she'll understand." Of course, Kirari knew that the full statement was that Doc was never happy around Verna, and even that was a stretch. Doc was worn out, exasperated, and annoyed at all times. But beneath that veneer there was a genuine, emotional person. And while the few times she had seen Verna and Doc together Doc had not seemed particularly enthused, during the many discussions between Kirari and Doc there had been a few times where Doc had honestly seemed a little fond of Verna. The same way a mother might feel fond of an unruly toddler, but still fondness. If Doc genuinely felt unhappy taking care of Verna, then she wouldn't be taking care of Verna.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #305 on: August 09, 2020, 11:14:12 am »

Kirari

She nodded, and gave her own best approximation of a warm smile back. Hers looked a bit closer to the genuine article, save for the fact that it failed to reach her eyes entirely. Kirari was happy that the girl was concerned for her, of course, but her own worry about the topic of conversation made it hard to smile freely - not to mentioned the swirl of confused emotion that continued to circulate through her. There was still part of her considering the entertainment to be had in torturing Verna, given the delicious terror she'd shown at the mere prospect - but another part repulsed by the idea of doing that to this girl in particular, despite how inexplicable her care for Kirari was.

After a stretch of silence of the kind Verna was likely used to by this point, she glanced over at Doc's unconscious form. "Do you think we should wake her up?" A short pause. "And should I give the good or the bad news first?" It was a bit of an unfair question; Verna didn't know what the bad news was, of course, but judging by her first question, she already had a good idea. Will she even believe me? I wouldn't believe me. Kirari wasn't sure what was more improbable: claiming her true name, or the idea that three years of quiet misery were enough to change her after the amount of time she'd spent amusing herself at the Katrian border.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 09, 2020, 12:51:01 pm »

Eilyth

"R-right!" Leah said. The cake was her responsibility, of course she should spot for it. She still wasn't sure Eilyth was up to the task, even with her power to back her up.

Behind Leah, Carys was giving Eilyth two thumbs up of encouragement. Which might have helped, if she hadn't been slowly backing towards the door at the same time.

The box was unruly, but with Leah's eyes and a little balancing help from Laurie, Eilyth was able to carry it successfully. It was a long and arduous journey, and Eilyth nearly lost it at the delivery door, but eventually they made it all the way to the room where the reception was going to be held. If the cake had survived the trip, then the air conditioning would surely protect it now. All that was left was to put it down.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 09, 2020, 03:09:41 pm »

Eilyth
She was in the final stretch now. And she knew better than to get complacent, especially after the near slip up at the door. Just as carefully as she had picked it up at the beginning of this journey, she began to lower the cake into it's proper place, still employing both Leah and Laurie's help to ensure it didn't all go to shit in these critical last moments. She didn't know what degree of melted horror they might find once they opened the box, but hopefully at least some of it would still prove salvageable...
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 09, 2020, 06:54:38 pm »

Yava

sorry but your princess has a fucking chainsaw theme

Nyna took the initiative and charged Solamon. She didn't try to attack, just ran full bore in an attempt to close the distance. Thanks to her power enhancing her legs, she was shockingly fast. But Solamon was faster. She swung the chainsaw in an upwards arc, spraying silver in a line straight towards Nyna the instant the frigid sadistic started her sprint. Mere moments later, Solamon was behind Nyna. It was a blink and you miss it sort of maneuver, Yava couldn't even be sure she'd seen it at all. Solamon had turned into electricity and dashed forwards along the silver trail, reappearing on the other side. Nyna seemed to have anticipated this, and was already whirling to block the attack. She didn't attempt to parry the chainsaw, the weapon was far heavier and more powerful than her narrow foil. Instead, she stabbed the ground, transmuting a chunk into ice and using her control over it to rip it free and create a frozen wall. Solamon's chainsaw cut through it like butter, but it bought Nyna time to set up for her counterattack. She dashed to the side and jabbed at Solamon's shoulder with her weapon. Dodging was out of the question for Sola after committing to such a heavy attack. Or at least it should have been. Solamon turned to electricity once more, jumping into the silver that had sprayed out as she attacked the barrier while Nyna's attack struck thin air. Solamon reappeared behind Nyna again, but this time Nyna wasn't prepared. Solamon pressed her chainsaw to Nyna's back, but didn't activate it.

"I know this is a predicament from which you can easily flee." Solamon said, "But rather than drag this out indefinitely and allow the criminal to escape, I would kindly request that you yield."

Nyna growled, but lowered her weapon. "I thought you weren't holding back."

"I'm not, don't think I've forgotten our last draw." Solamon rapidly dropped the chainsaw down and cut Nyna's legs from beneath her while she had her guard down.

Nyna yelped in surprised and dropped to the ground in a sprawl.

"Don't dawdle, you're no healer. Once they revert you'll lose them for good." Solamon said coldly, turning her back to Nyna.

The princess then walked over to Yava, the chainsaw now held fairly harmlessly at her side. "As for you," she said, "Well, I suppose you can't go anywhere on your own, so you'll just have to come with me for now. Is that alright?"

Surprisingly, there didn't seem to be a thinly veiled threat in the question. Yava didn't really have the option to say no, but it almost felt like Solamon would honor the answer if she did.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 09:37:17 am by Takosher »
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 09, 2020, 07:25:51 pm »

Yava
The thief grimaced slightly at the sight of that chainsaw tearing through those frozen limbs, and the equally frigid message that followed. A rather gruesome method to be sure, but from what she had experienced just minutes earlier it was probably one of the few ways to actually deter the Ice meister enough to stop her rampage. She tried to put the thought out of her mind as the victor addressed her though; better to be detained by this one than tortured by the other.
    "Yis, I... suppose so," Yava said, sighing. Part of her thought maybe she should've stuck with her escape plan afterall; she could've clawed herself away into an alley or something using her hands once the stealth was going. Taking care of any damage done to her legs wouldn't have been much of an issue once she was safely away either. But now it was far too little too late, she was well and truly caught, and she had only her own careless mistakes to blame for it at the end of the day. She'd deal with the consequences and learn whatever lesson they had to teach her. Just as she had the last time. "I know when odds not in my favor. I come quietly, relinquish stolen goods and be processed, and all that, yis?"

Her heart sank even as she came to terms with losing what little food she had snatched that day. It would probably mean going hungry for a good while, if this place was anything like old country. The food they served prisoners there, it was barely much more fit for human consumption than the garbage she had frequently dug out of the slum's waste bins as a child. It was part of what had driven her to begin stealing in the first place...

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 09, 2020, 07:50:55 pm »

Silvia

"Time's short, so I'll make this quick. I recommend Lt. Furlough. If we've got an extra slot... I'm not sure between Captain Dalton and Lt. Firebrand.

I'll note that calling Furlough a healer's a misnomer; she's much more a Chain. She goes into combat, and anyone she wants to support, and anyone those people want to support and so on, get tenfold output for everything their body does, for fivefold increase in energy expenditure. Twice as efficient, and being able to overwhelm people with that kind of power can do a whole hell of a lot. Honestly, if I understand her power correctly, you could essentially make an entire fighting force into a mass of mini-meisters.

Captain Dalton's weapon is simpler, a pair of scissors that cut out wounds and the like. It's slow and painful, so it can't really be used in combat - unless it's as a weapon - but it's reliable. And, for that matter, she knows what she's doing. I believe we could replace her with a skilled mundane medic, though, if need be.

Firebrand's inexperienced, but she actually does healing, and she has range. If you're fine with looking patched together or having new piercings after a heal, she should be fine there. She can also do combat, but her blade sometimes makes shields or turns into other weapons when she's doing that, so I don't believe she can be relied on there. Really, the main problem with her is that this would be the first time she's seeing combat, so we can't know how well she'd be able to keep focused in a fight. If we can get her working well, though, she'd be useful both for keeping everyone else in action and as a combatant herself.

It's your decision, Major.
"

Jessie

Their parents were a non-factor? The girl wasn't even Neridan?
Jessie could have spoken up about that. Should have.

Couldn't.

There was something she could ask, though.

"What was that about 'integrals'? I don't think I've heard you toss that word around before."
She said it casually. Like there weren't a million problems with this job. Like it was all... perfectly fine.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 11:42:46 pm by Glass »

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Bay Watcher
  • The Heroine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 09, 2020, 11:25:30 pm »

Groggy L, Tired and Dangerous

It was an understatement, but L slept poorly last night. Both of wen under her command knew that today was going to be an utter nightmare. The Major had little opportunity to rest whilst returning from her unfruitful trip to the so called "Revolutionary"s home. It was beyond a fruitless prospect, and avaluable waste of the little rest L could manage. L silently boiled over. L understood why she didn't want to acknowledge the hard truth... but in her position... Terra had to. The young woman was thrust into an unfair position, but one where responsibility weighed on her shoulders. Terra refused to acknowledge that and as a result L felt her insides boil. L simply could not trust someone who refused to see what so clearly rested on her shoulders. Even if she was just a girl, a young woman... it was unfair, the church, the army. They put such a weight on that young woman's shoulders. And for what? She answered a question in a manner they didn't want to hear? Sleep never came on that ride back, the bubbling muck in L's stomach saw to that. She merely stared at the cieling, questioning everything. What was she doing? Didn't she hate this job? Why did she work so hard for a country she didn't believe in, one that always disappointed her time and time again. One that sent her their so called failures cause they didn't know what else to do... when they tried nothing and didn't reflect on their own methods of teaching.

L held no hatred for Terra, only the world that molded her.

The last of night's darkness was melting away as she arrived back at the base, dawn greeted the rest of the world cheerfully. L merely sighed... that light would make any attempt to salvage her lose of sleep painfully difficult. L tipped the driver having to deal with her all day was certainly worth compensation given the journey. "Buy yourself something nice... you deserve it." words she tried not to fill with her vehement anger. She gave a nod to the woman to indicate she was free to go and L left standing on her own. It was suspiciously quiet this morning, the base should be in motion by now. The bustle of early morning work outs, and whatever else people got up to in the small hours. L truly didn't know... she'd prefer to be sleeping at this time, her body remembering it's exhaustion merely with the thought. She wandered back to her quarters, not even checking in with Cay before she did so. Whatever happened between then and sinking into her bed... would be lost to time, at least for L.

The fight finally over, L say down at her desk, still in her nightshirt and cap. As they weren't leaving her quarters, she refused to change... to tired to do so. A steaming hot cup of tea wafted a dainty floral scent through the air. L hadn't touched it since putting it together for herself and her two subordinates. L merely slumped in her seat... resting her chin on her hand much as she had in her talks with Terra. Her eyes never made much contact and barely were open much of the conversation up until now and still were not. She wasn't yet used to her new title, completely missing the fact that Silvia had ended her report until it stayed silent for several minutes. "Hmmm, yes. That's lovely Silvia." L absentmindedly responded.

"Cay... your findings if you would. I'd prefer the information all be on the table." L barely moved this entire time, only her lips. She looked nearly like a doll with how still she appeared to be, the illusion only broken by the rise and fall of her breathing. L had no desire to lead a conversation in her current state and was going to try and let the two of them talk until she was forced to. Driiift to sleep L, drift to sleep. It's all just a bad dream... sleep always makes it better.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 10, 2020, 09:03:46 am »

L and Silvia

Cay nodded. "Yes ma'am." she said dutifully. Unlike L, Cay was totally awake and more than ready to get to work. She would probably be the one carrying the meeting. Such unusual synergies were why the two of them worked so well together.

"Garta is the same as always. She's currently between assignments so she's available, but I think it would be best to let her be unless we really need her power.

"Thaala strikes me as more of a strategist than a strike team member, and her weapon fits. She controls water currents are a large scale, making waterspouts, waves, and whirlpools. She can suck water from the air to use, but it's much quicker if she has actual water to work with. While she's gathering her strength she can make much weaker air currents as well, but the way she mentioned that I believe it's more of an aside than a useful technique. Her control itself is actually rather fine, she can very precisely determine exactly where and how she wants to make her currents, but there is one major issue: No matter what she's doing, her weapon is always operating at maximum capacity. In other words, she has no control over the scale of her abilities. This makes it very easy for her to catch her allies as well. She doesn't actually cause many injuries, to friend or foe, but sweeping her allies off their feet and funneling them into a pile of enemies is generally not productive. I think her abilities would be very useful, especially in conjunction with your own, Major. However, if we decide to recruit a stronger frontline and do not plan to rely on your ability as we usually end up doing, then I suggest passing her by.

"As for Emmery..." Cay hesitated. She knew that what she was about to say would go over poorly both with her team and with Emmery herself, but she had to try. "I would strongly recommend we take her. According to recent medical files and her own words, she is lucid more often than not now. Her power would be immensely useful as a defensive tool. You remember the girl that ran really fast that we had trouble with during our first assignment together? Emmery can easily deal with powers like that. With her ability she can instantly analyze any threat within 4 meters and just as quickly dispose of them. The biggest issue is that during the few times when she's not lucid, she's more than dead weight. If we do bring her, then I believe we should ensure we have some way to protect her during her downtime. She also has excellent potential for stealth operations, perhaps even more than she would have on an open battlefield. I believe between her and Silvia we might well be unstoppable during infiltration missions. She's a bit higher maintenance, but I believe her immense strength is more than worth it."

Cay made sure to omit that Emmery had asked to stay locked up. She knew that what she was doing was wrong, and she didn't expect to be thanked, but she wouldn't, couldn't, let Emmery rot in a padded cell for the rest of her life.

Kirari

"She'd want to know you're okay." Verna said, trotting over to Doc, "So good news first." She poked Doc in the face a few times, eventually prompting the tired woman to open her eyes for an annoyed glare.

Doc looked like she was going to say something, probably a bit of cutting sarcasm, but she stopped when she saw Kirari. Unexpectedly, she started crying. "Thank Katrina." she said, "I was so sure I'd killed someone again." Although Kirari had gotten used to Doc's unusual emotional range, this was still new. For the first time in what Kirari was sure was months, Doc looked genuinely relieved. Telling her the truth was going to be that much harder now.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 06:44:54 pm by Takosher »
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #313 on: August 10, 2020, 06:56:45 pm »

Kirari

Again? It didn't sound like she meant the battlefield. Kirari supposed it was a question for another day. "It worked." She made a second attempt at a smile for Doc. The woman's level of emotion was making Kirari's own words catch in her throat, but with a small glance at Verna, she persevered. "I remember everything now. Who I am, how I got here." She tried to keep a happy note in her voice, but the act started to break up as Kirari continued. "My mother, my sister. My real name." She fell silent. Kirari had no doubts that Doc could already tell something was wrong, but that somehow made it even harder to continue.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Bay Watcher
  • The Heroine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 12, 2020, 06:58:23 am »

L

Not much escaped L when it came people she knew. She couldn't claim she could read their minds but she could certainly tell when they were acting out of character even if she was partly delirious from lack of proper sleep. The Major felt that hesitation of Cay's, the silence it created piercing through whatever haze lingered over L's mind. As soon as Cay hesitated she had L's full an undivided attention. From what L knew of Emmery... she found such a reccomendation strange, especially from Cay. She might've expected Silvia... well perhaps that would be unfair. All she knew for sure was her gut knew something was off...

She didn't want to press the matter however, at least not directly after the information was revealed. She had the matter of her own thoughts and reports to take care of and this meeting was going to be much more difficult if she pressed the matter immediately. She'd try and take this more diplomatically. "Alright... I would like to touch further on this recommendation but in time. I must discuss the prospects I was in charge of as well." L finally took a sip of her as she prepared herself mentally to begin.

"Firstly, the matter of Miss Aia Watts. If you've read the files her power is that of Shadow and involves the creation of tendrils to restrain targets. Similar in ways to Miss Thaala's ability described earlier, however on a smaller, more manageable scale. I believe her abilties can be quite potent in conjuction with my own on a smaller scale but they do not necessarily facilitate a greater weakness of my own to deal with multiple targets at a time. It is lockdown on a much smaller scale and potentially still proves useful in infiltration." L decided to leave out why Aia was willing to join up with them, her motive. It was outlandish enough an occurance that L didn't consider omitting it as a threat to the two women right in front of her.

"Secondly, the matter of Miss Faith. I will be brief as we have faced her in battle before. She boosts great defensive power with that tank of her's. She told me an extensive list of Meisters who's Holy Weapons it managed to withstand... and it was utterly impressive. Further, I can personally attest that our own strategy to defeaat her... barely succeeded." This was a detail that L had not mentioned to them before. "Without a doubt, Faith would prove a valuable asset any time we were required to go loud and needed a hammer."

L ended her speech there, neglecting to bring up Terra at all.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 70