Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52541 times)

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance
« Reply #270 on: August 04, 2020, 06:39:08 pm »

Monika

Ehman nodded. "Very well then, go ahead." he stood upright to watch and ensure everything went well for Monika.

As soon as she touched the metal it jumped into action. It stretched out into a long polearm, threading itself into her hand and prompting her to close her fist around it. It was searing hot, and her hand surely should have been burned, but somehow she had no issue holding it. Once it was comfortably resting in hand, it shaped itself into a halberd. A simple process, far less dramatic than the process to create it.

kirA

"I guess you really have changed then." Kirari said ominously. She glanced around the room. It was a large room, big enough to fit a king sized bed, two dressers, and a large desk with room to spare. Everything was in pristine shape, if it wasn't then Mama wouldn't be happy. Kirari spotted what she was looking for atop one of the dressers. A framed picture of a faceless blonde woman and her daughter. She picked it up and admired it. Her admiration slowly turned to disgust as she looked at Kira again. She dug her nails into the picture and the walls began to bleed. "Filth." Kirari spat. The picture shattered in her hand and the scene changed again.

"kirA! kirA please! Stop this!" Mama begged. Her pristine skin was marred by bruises and blood. Tears streamed down her face as she desperately tried to cope with the pain. And the dreaming girl was standing over her, knife in hand. She'd been so fed up, tired of all the rules. She had never asked to be a prim and proper lady, Mama had forced that on her. And now it was over. Mama was going to die by her hand, and she was going to be free. It felt good, watching the bitch suffer. This wasn't the first time she had indulged in her urges, but it was the first time she'd done so to a human. It was thrilling, she wanted to feel it more. One more stab could end the suffering, but a few more cuts could prolong it.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 07:25:27 pm by Takosher »
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #271 on: August 04, 2020, 08:03:05 pm »

kirA

The dreaming girl flinched at Kirari's condemnation, instinctively recoiling. Her eyes opened to find Mama cowering before her, completely at her mercy. Is this actually what I did? She licked her lips. The sight of the pain wracking the woman brought a sickly sweet satisfaction to the dreamer, and she looked down at the knife. Therein laid the end to her suffering at Mama's hands, and the beginning of a new life. "I thought I could be good," she said aloud. Once again, she didn't actually know what she meant, if it was directed at the woman before her or within.

Resentment rose in the girl again as her gaze turned back to Mama. It would be so easy, either way. She's not the enemy. She's just strict, and cruel, and only wants me to be her way. . . The knife rose in a shaking hand, slowly lowering itself to pale flesh. . . and drawing itself against the dreamer's own arm. It hurt, but she had always pursued pain; this was little different.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 04, 2020, 10:14:19 pm »

kirA

The jolt of pain changed the scene again. The knife was replaced by a tattoo machine. The arm was nearly full, this would likely be the last one that would fit. Afterwards Kirari would probably have to move to marking her memories on her legs. It was lovely to think that she had so many precious memories.

"You can still stop this." Zoey told the dreaming girl, "All you have to do is kill her."

Doc

Eudokia cursed herself over and over. She knew better than this, she shouldn't have let this happen.

"She's crashing!" one of the ER doctors shouted.

Doc probably knew her name, but she didn't have the energy to think about what it was. She didn't like being a bystander, but this wasn't her job. All she could do was wait on the sidelines. Verna wasn't doing any better, in fact she was doing much worse. She was sitting on a bench in the hall, and last Doc had seen she was manically repeating, "I'm a good girl, I don't tattle." Over and over. Even if Kira made it through this, Doc wasn't sure she could say she'd done the right thing. She was pretty sure she hadn't.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #273 on: August 04, 2020, 11:04:18 pm »

Feverish dreams

"I-I don't-" She didn't know. She didn't know anything, the dreamer had been set adrift in the blackest seas of her own mind. The tattoo gun shook in her hands.

Zoey? The name came to mind, connected to the voice next to her. She didn't know why, but it floated in her head next to Doc and Monika. Zoey was. . . someone nice? She could trust Zoey.

Right?

The dreaming girl lifted the tattoo gun as if it were the same thing it had been before. Kirari has to end. The sharpened metal end arced downward, aiming to inscribe one last, painful memory.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 05, 2020, 12:18:53 am »

kirA

The dreaming girl's weapon jabbed into the teal haired girl's eye, injecting shadowy tendrils into it. Like the ink of a tattoo, it marked the girl with her power. The girl fell to her knees, grabbed her injured eye, and screamed her lungs out. The dreaming girl ignored her screams, there was something much more interesting for her to focus on.

Hierarchy.

Kirari could see it clearly, exactly how the girl's eye and brain fit together. They were hers now, automatically slotted into place within her hierarchy. She'd never thought to take the brain before. She always took the parts she needed individually, but it was possible she could take the entire structure all at once. Thoughtlessly, she willed the little girl's brain higher, tugging it from red to blue as the hierarchy rearranged itself to accommodate. She lost control of her leg in the process, but curiosity and sadistic glee drove her forward. The girl screamed more as Kirari's tendrils wormed deeper into her brain.

Doc

The horrific whine had just started, but it had already gone on for too long. Doc had taken over doing compressions for a worn out doctor, but it wasn't like she was a miracle worker. She wasn't even a good medic, she was a personal physician who had a lot of field experience, that was all. Hairne had the defibrillator ready, so Doc stepped back. Doc wasn't a particularly religious woman, but she still threw up a prayer. This was out of her hands now, Kira's fate was left to the goddesses.

kirA

Krzzkt

A shock went through the dreaming girl, freezing the scene that was unfolding before her.

"You can still forget." Doc offered, "You can put it all behind you."

"Come on, you have to fight. Don't give up yet." Monika cheered her on.

She was back in her room. The scene with Kirari was still frozen in the window. Zoey sat on her bed, just as she had when the dreaming girl killed Mama. Her sister had called the police and taken credit for the murder. Something so brutal was sure to get her executed, but she smiled anyways. Zoey had never hated Mama. If there was anyone she hated it was the dreaming girl. They'd never gotten along. Worse than sibling rivalry, they'd fought and grown distant, a true hatred had grown between them. And yet then, when the dreaming girl had gone past the point of no return, Zoey had shown her nothing but love.

"End this." Zoey said, "End it before you hurt anyone else. Kill her."
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 05, 2020, 09:52:56 am »

Monika

In all honesty, Monika was expecting something equally as dramatic to occur once made contact with the living metal. But whatever drove the metal seemed truly content with what it had taken, and while it leapt out at her, it didn't do it with malicious intent. Instead it merely weaved itself together in her hand, a primal instinct within her causing her hand to clamp around the metal as it took shape, even with the heat that should've burned through her hand. Yet she held it without a problem, watching as the metal finally settled into it's chosen form, a silver halberd bearing a ruby embedded within its head. She couldn't say how the metal formed the gem, but it was certainly beautiful. A weapon of war, unique to her and her alone, and one that she would bear for the rest of her life.

Letting out a sigh, Monika tore her eyes from her new weapon, lowering its head toward as she turned to the Esteemed One, "So I suppose that's it, huh?"
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #276 on: August 05, 2020, 10:10:34 am »

kirA

She recoiled from the result of her action. Before she could begin to respond, she was with Zoey once again. "I don't understand," she said, voice shaking. "Kill who? I don't... I don't know how. I don't know who I am." Tears started to well up in her eyes. "Every time I try to end it I hurt someone else. I don't understand..." She looked at Zoey pleadingly. "I'm sorry. Please help me stop."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 05, 2020, 10:48:49 am »

Kirari

Zoey smiled softly. "You know who you are." she said, "You signed your name on that picture, didn't you?"
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #278 on: August 05, 2020, 11:51:13 am »

??

". . . What?" She took a step back as a remembered image flashed into her head, a child's drawing that had found its way onto an important piece of paperwork. A name scrawled on that drawing. "No. That isn't me. I can't be. . . Kirari is someone else. She hurt me. I can't be her. She broke me, I'm not- What's actually happening?" Her voice was somehow even more desperate than before, not even managing the illusion of incredulity.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 12:11:59 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 05, 2020, 02:36:21 pm »

Kirari

"No, she's not someone else." Zoey said. Her smile pitied the dreaming girl. "If you didn't want to know, you should have turned back. But it's too late now, you need to kill her, you need to die. Before you hurt anyone else."

"Don't listen to her, Kirari." Monika was suddenly beside her, reassuringly holding her shoulder, "You don't have to hide from who you are. Fight on, be yourself. I'll be sure to keep you in line."

A warm blue light shone from the door. "It's not too late to turn back." Doc said, "You can still forget. Come with me, leave all of this behind. You don't have to be a monster, living or dead."

The scene outside the window started moving forward again. Kirari could see her hierarchy changing, tugging the girl's brain higher and higher. And then she slipped. A fatal mistake, she'd moved the girl too high without asserting full control. The girl didn't know what she was doing, but she had a small level of control over Kirari's power, and she instinctively moved to take total control. Still screaming in agony, she tugged at Kirari's brain, dragging it below her own and asserting her dominance. The hierarchy became hopelessly tangled as everything under Kirari's control was suddenly under the power of this inexperienced girl. Everything went completely mad, and then Kirari blacked out.

The dreaming girl, Kirari's future, knew the story from there. She'd awoken in the care of an emergency crew, having lost all memory of who she was and how she got there. It was obvious that the young girl had been through a horrible trauma, they had no way to know that she was the one who had created that trauma.

The window went dark and the air started to feel cold. Kirari could tell that her dream was coming to a close.

"Time's almost up." Zoey warned.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 12:26:45 pm by Takosher »
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #280 on: August 05, 2020, 03:05:19 pm »

Kirari

A maelstrom of emotions too complex and horrible swept through Kirari. She was the shapeless villain that had destoyed her life and countless others before her. Forgetting that had been a kindness, something to save her from the awful, ugly truth of reality.

Through the turbulent flow, though, a glimmer of something brighter flashed for a brief moment. "I... don't deserve to live. But, I'm sorry, Zoey. That's why I need to keep going." An eternity of life wouldn't be enough to atone for everything, but just as she had before this vision, she still had to try at the impossible task before her. "I can't just run away, either," she said to Doc. The idea of forgetting, despite the grisly truth, still brought up a revulsion in her.

Finally, she turned to Monika - and latched onto her with a hug. "I know it's asking for a lot, but please keep helping me. Take me out of here."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 05, 2020, 04:35:41 pm »

L

Terra didn't seem the slightest bit fazed by L's attempts to narrow the scope of the conversation. As she'd said, she always spoke her mind. Thankfully for L, the request had made the thing on her mind be her weapon, and she was happy to divulge details. "There's really not much to it." she said, "Once Kindling activates, it slowly takes control of an area around me, expanding outward. I don't think there's a limit, but it starts getting slower once the area gets big enough. Anywhere within my domain, I can make copies of it pop out of any solid surface, and those copies will instantly impale anything they hit. It doesn't let me see things in my domain, so if I'm trying to hit something I can't see then I have to do area attacks, since I don't know for sure where the target is or exactly where the nearby surfaces are to attack them from."

Jessie

"If there were, you'd know." Mirth said, "We always plan big jobs as a group. And I wouldn't get your hopes up. We're trying to lay low too, that's the whole reason we're in this country. And heists are the fucking opposite of low profile."

Kirari

Her eyes shot open. She was still in her room, but things were different. It was far later in the day, and she had several medical machines attached to her. Doc was there, she'd fallen asleep. Kirari could smell the salt of her tears, whatever had happened had pushed the tired physician over the edge. Kirari was unbound, the handcuffs still attached to the bed hadn't been reconnected to her arm. She could easily strangle the woman. Slowly, viscerally, deliciously. But it wouldn't be very satisfying, no matter how long it had been since she'd let herself run wild. Doc was already running on fumes, there was no life left in her eyes to slowly drain away.

At least that was the excuse she gave herself. Her old memories had been restored. She remembered her childhood with Mama and Zoey, her rivalry with the woman who would become Dame Supreme, and the horrors she had gleefully spread across the border. But she also remembered her new life, where her desires had been tempered by the illusion that she was merely a broken little girl. And this turquoise disaster that called herself a doctor was held in high regard in those new memories. Kira might have been dead, but her legacy was far from gone. Those experiences were a part of Kirari now, just as much as every memory she'd once carved into herself. She was a monster, even the part of her once called Kira had accepted that. But she didn't have to be a monster all the time.

She might have been Kirari Arceneaux again, but the flicker of time she'd spent as Kira had forever changed her.
Defile Circles Discord

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 05, 2020, 04:37:55 pm »

Jessie

She chuckles. "Fair enough. Though not if you do them right." And a quick wink.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #283 on: August 05, 2020, 05:38:39 pm »

Kirari

She watched Doc's exhausted form for a few more moments. The tumult of swirling feelings from the. . . for lack of a better term, awakening she'd just experience still echoed in a mind that could alternately be called "healed" or "destroyed." Revulsion, horror, experienced by and directed towards herself; unpleasant, but still memories, alongside the unwillingness to see a certain few come to harm. The desire of that hollow shell to make amends stubbornly refused to exit her mind as well, connected to newly recovered memories by a thread that Kirari could not sever.

She looked down. "Maybe you were right." Once again, she wasn't sure who she was addressing, if it was one person. Kirari wondered if she should tell the truth to Doc. How would she react, knowing what she'd allowed to happen?

The former Dame shook her head. She. . . cared about Doc. Even unknowingly, Doc had cared about her. She owed her the truth, even if it was painful, and Kirari was not exactly known for avoiding causing pain. Chances were she wouldn't be able to rouse the physician now, but. . . "Verna, are you there?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Bay Watcher
  • The Heroine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 05, 2020, 06:18:25 pm »

L

"So, your weapon is capable of powerful area control and lock down. Immensely useful..." L said absentmindedly, she didn't typically think aloud but Terra's personality was screwing with her in strange ways. She couldn't feel how exhausting it was, the grogginess having already set deep into her hours before she had spoken to the so called revolution. The tiny major swished around the lemon lollipop in her mouth again, priming herself to ask more follow ups and pursue the information she desired. L could feel herself start to fade however, and after a time felt a new sensation caress her cheek. She had found that her body was giving in to her mind's wailing that it needed to sleep. The shrieks were impossible to drown out anymore, the few measures that she employed finally failing.

A moment passed before she shot straight up as L realized what was happening. Her eyes darted around the room, trying to quickly remind her of the surroundings. "Hmmm, apologies Miss Terra. It's been... a difficult day. Thought I'd be sitting on the curb with not a coin to my name. Here I am with a promotion and the responsibility of curating a squad by hand without notice that I have until tomorrow to do." It wasn't like L tp share her frustrations but this was hardly a normal day for the minuscule thunderball. "Your abilities may seem simple, but I imagine they would prove quite useful. I imagine it is why the church wants people to think you are a dangerous individual. Understand if you join up, they will not show much mercy if you step out of what they consider "the line". I don't know how closwly they will be watching but, I assure you, that I will not speak anything they do not ask about." L fit her fingers together to place her chin on, most would do this to seem more important or more intimidating. L did it to catch a few seconds of rest while she waited for Terra's response.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 70