Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52535 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: [IC] Remembrance
« Reply #240 on: August 01, 2020, 03:19:19 pm »

Kira

"I think that you can help me get more of my memory back." It was almost exciting to say out loud, even if it made her nervous as well. She had no way of knowing where it would lead. . . or if she would even survive the process. "When your weapon hit me last time, I remembered some things from my past. Its power might be able to do that again." She glanced at Doc, watching for her reaction. "It could also be dangerous for me, though."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 01, 2020, 03:42:10 pm »

Monika

"Well, you're more experienced than I am when it comes to this sort of stuff. Though that's fairly obvious" Monika pointed out, stretching her arms above her head as she leaned back in her chair, her eyes quite clearly rolling over Carlos' form without much subtlety "Certainly helps that I have someone strong to handle it. I have to admit though, aside from your hands, you look like you'd be more comfortable in a house rather than a forge. Though that's probably just me being a sucker for looks."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 02, 2020, 12:08:37 pm »

Eilyth

A hint of alarm crossed Laurie's face for just a moment before being replaced by a confident smile. "Don't be a dummy, I can keep going." she said, trying to sound a lot more impressive than she was, "It's just nice to have a break is all. What's next?"

Kira

Verna looked a little nervous. "I don't know if I want to hit you again." she said, "Last time you almost died. It's definitely dangerous."

Doc, for her part, managed to keep quiet, although Kira could tell that Verna's presence was wearing on her again.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Bay Watcher
  • The Heroine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 02, 2020, 02:17:38 pm »

L

"I... see." Terra wasn't bashful at the very least, that much was for certain. L hadn't expected much from the Church's reports of one's character but... they couldn't seem further from the truth of the matter from L's perspective at the moment. Terra mostly just seemed like you normal boastful teen who had no idea what they were actually doing. It did have the side effect of L fully believing her claims about her Holy Weapon's power. It'd explain plenty, the personality, but more importantly why the Church would want her to be seen as dangerous... because she was if they couldn't control her. L wasn't terribly sure as to why she was given this asset. Was the General aiming at getting her to fail? Possibly, and even if she succeeded it would probably be some sense of win for them. L was vastly unsure of the political angle being played here, but she knew she didn't have the energy for it.

L pulled out the offered seat, and gracelessly fell into it as per usual. The crash was punctuated with an exhausted silence as L found the words for whatever this situation was she had ended up in. L seemed tinier than usual as she did not move to stop slouching into her chair, threatening to escape from the so called revolutionary's lie of sight. "Listen Terra, I am not here on behalf of the Church or the Military." L said curtly, her tone not much different than her usual, A spark of recognition in what she said did wash over the tiny major however. "Well, I suppose in a sense I am. However, my reasoning for pursuing you as an asset have nothing to do with them." L took a breath, the grogginess was truly setting in. She could fall asleep here if she needed to, however, that probably wouldn't be the best of form. She was visiting as a superior officer, and further it be rather presumptuous to do so in  the home of one she literally met merely a moment ago. It also leave travel time to account for that would take out of her deliberations... she could sleep on the way back to the base.

"I am here to evaluate your ability, your Holy Weapon, and the tactical advantages that you would provide as an asset to your team. As I see it, your past doesn't effect these areas of my consideration. Unless you believe it is of import I know of it, it may remain unspoken. Do you agree with that?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 02, 2020, 03:03:23 pm »

Jessie

'Alice' shrugged. "Sure. Anyone cares to help, feel free." She was up and walking out not long after.
Probably they wanted to discuss something without her hearing. She'd be seeing if she could hear anything regardless.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 02, 2020, 07:05:35 pm »

Eilyth
She should've known phrasing it like that was only going to act as reverse psychology. Now there really was no changing it. Could be worse though, could've been Brienne instead. She could feel her blood boil at the mere thought of such an encounter. So fine. She'd resign herself to towing Laurie around, for now.

"Let's go see how the decorations are going," Eilyth answered, heading off to do just that.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #246 on: August 02, 2020, 08:35:10 pm »

Kira

She frowned and shook her head slightly. "I don't want you to physically hit me again." That was a fairly strong desire on Kira's part, managing to break into her voice. "The power suppression that you did affected whatever is blocking my memory. Doc is worried about what it might do to my brain if something goes wrong, though."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 03, 2020, 06:17:38 pm »

Monika

"Is that an invite?" Carlos joked. He seemed to take just about everything in stride.

It might have been fun to keep chatting, but Ehman returned. The jar he carried held a reflective black liquid that looked like tar. It was an intimidating substance, living metal. No one fully understood how it worked, only that it was a dangerous and volatile substance. It had to be, it existed to create weapons that served as the driving force of conflicts across the globe. And this ominous black liquid would be Monika's.

"Well, looks like I'm up." Carlos said. He downed the offering in a single gulp and took the jar of living metal from Ehman. "Anything you want to say before I get started? Might change how things go."

L

"Sounphs gooph to mmph." Terra agreed to L's conditions happily. She finished her cereal and slurped up the last of the milk, leaving a thin line of white on her upper lip that she was forced to lick off. "Really I'm okay with whatever. I don't even mind being cooped up in here. Although I do miss reading Violent Valiant comics. They buy me whatever I want for food or hygiene, but entertainment is off the table. I can't even bribe the guards 'cause I don't have any money."

Jessie

Changer started to join Jessie, but Mack stopped her. "Nah, you already did your part. Let someone else do the heavy liftin'."

"Yeah, give it a rest. I got this shit." Mirth said, hopping the her feet, "I'll help you out, Alice."

The car was stuffed full of boxes and bags, enough that it would have been a herculean task to carry it all alone. But with Mirth's help, it became a bit more feasible. Mirth wasn't exactly strong, and she wore out quickly even just carrying a single box of food, but she didn't seem bothered by the hard work. Every trip left her heaving for air, but she kept at it with a smile on her face. Mirth was always like this, optimistic and cheerful. She was clearly the glue keeping Mack's band of misfits from falling apart. She might have seemed rude, but that was exactly what such an abrasive group needed to keep their spirits high.

Eilyth

With Brigitte temporarily off the table, asking what to do came down to Leah. Eilyth's mother was with her, but Leah's was indisposed, delaying Eilyth's meeting her for the fourth time that day. It would almost seem like she was being avoided, if not for the fact that she was always gone before Eilyth herself even planned to approach. Just an unusual coincidence.

"Oh, Eilyth, perfect timing." Carys said as she approached with Laurie in tow. She had a warm smile, although the edge of worry was present. "Leah dear, could we have Eilyth do it?"

"I don't know. It's really more of a man's job." Leah said.

"Eilyth can do anything a man can and more." Carys announced proudly, somehow managing to make Eilyth's brutish physique sound like a positive. That was her skill with words at work, she could easily frame anything she wanted as a positive. It was one of the things that made her so effective as an inquisitor.

Kira

Verna didn't look encouraged. "I'm not stupid." she said firmly, "If something goes wrong you'll die. I don't want you to die." she looked at Doc for affirmation, but Doc dutifully stayed out of things. Struggling without someone to tell her what to do with herself, Verna stumbled forward. "If you really, really want then I can help. But you have to do something for me if you don't die, okay?"
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 07:39:14 pm by Takosher »
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 03, 2020, 07:03:55 pm »

Eilyth
"Mom's right," Eilyth nodded, giving the first genuine smile she'd had all day. Figures mom would be the one to bring it out, the few times Eilyth did it without some nefarious sentiment behind it, it was usually because of her "Go on Leah. Shoot. What do you guys need?"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #249 on: August 03, 2020, 07:22:01 pm »

Kira

Kira forced herself to look Verna in the eye. The damaged one cooperated for once, fixing the meister with both. "I died a few years ago, Verna. This is my chance to come back. There's no way I'm not taking it." Tension she didn't know she'd been holding in her frame slackened somewhat as she finished the statement, as if making it had been a physical exertion. "What do you want me to do?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 03, 2020, 07:55:44 pm »

Eilyth

"Well, um, I wanted a giant cake." Leah explained, "And it didn't fit through the front door, so the delivery crew just left it on the pavement. There's actually a large delivery door on the dining hall in the back, but I guess they didn't bother looking. So it's out there, melting in the heat. Someone needs to move it before it's totally ruined. Dr. Hutton-"

"Mom." Carys corrected sternly. She had made it abundantly clear that marrying in made Leah her daughter just as much as the rest of them. Leah's family had a much more formal attitude towards marriage, and she was struggling to adjust to the impromptu adoption.

"Right, sorry. Mom and I tried to lift it ourselves, but it's way too heavy for us. So we could really use your help."

Kira

Verna took a moment to recover from the grave nature of Kira's statement. "Alright, if you're sure then..." she glanced away in embarrassment again, and Kira immediately knew what was coming next, "Afterwards, I want you to go on a date with me."

"Absolutely not." Doc said, leaning forward as if to physically stop Verna's request.

Verna put on a stubborn pout. "Those are my terms." she said firmly, although she seemed more a petualant child than a shrewd negoitiator, "If you want my help, then you have to go out with me."
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #251 on: August 03, 2020, 08:04:10 pm »

Kira

The Spirit meister just tilted her head in that slightly exaggerated way. "I'm a prisoner of war," she stated simply. Kira was a few other things, too, but that seemed to be the most relevant to this matter. It also led to the question of whether Verna would even be interested in whichever person came out the end of all this process; Kira wasn't sure it would even be her, really. Kira Nerest was an identity she'd constructed about herself; who knew if it would survive, or simply shatter with whatever happened next?
GM of Trespassers V2.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 03, 2020, 08:08:18 pm »

Jessie

"S'how's it going?"
Jessie didn't particularly care, but awkward silence is awkward and all that.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 03, 2020, 08:18:09 pm »

Eilyth
"What the fuck?" "So... wait. They just... left it out there. On the ground. In the hot..." Eilyth sighed, rubbing her temple. She was used to seeing and hearing dumb shit, especially now that she'd skyrocketed through the ranks like her last name was Astarotte. Of course, Leah probably went a little overboard, but it was her wedding day and all. A little bit of extravagance could be forgiven. Would it have really killed the delivery crew to have at least have someone come inside and ask what they wanted to be done with the cake?

"Alright... I'll help. Show me."

Hopefully this wasn't going to be something she had to armor up for. Wedding day or no, if the damn thing proved too large even for natural strength like hers to move, she was going to start wondering if Leah might be on the road towards diabetes.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 03, 2020, 08:26:35 pm »

Kira

Doc sighed, heavily. And then she sighed again. "Verna, when I kill you it's going to hurt." she said quietly. Not with quiet fury nor even soft resignation. She was simply, empty, an utter surrender. Verna visibly shrank back. "If you help, I will make sure you get your date. But in return I need you to promise me something."

Verna nodded numbly. "I'm a good girl, I won't tattle." she said meekly.

"I want you to promise me that you won't kill anyone if this goes horribly wrong."

Verna hesitated. "I wouldn't- I mean, I would but-"

"Verna. This is serious. This might not go your way. Even if Kira lives, your date might go badly. I'm already crossing a line here, I need you to promise you won't cross any more."

Verna nodded again. "Alright, I promise."

Doc looked at Kira. "I'll make it happen, if this is what you want to do." She was tired, always so tired, but she couldn't hold back. She saw someone in need, and she was going to help, she didn't know any better. She never knew any better, even when helping a woman directly to her death. It didn't make sense, in fact it was the opposite of sense. But in a world so cruel, how was she supposed to stand by when there was something she could do to help?

She was such a hypocrite. Always telling Camilla not to push too hard. And yet here she was, pushing herself well beyond her limits. The line she drew in the sand was a mile behind, she'd kicked it to dust without a second thought. And now she was dying of thirst as the sun beat down on her with mocking glee. She might have thought her actions would take her to hell, but she knew better than that. She was already in hell, and she'd be damned if she didn't save every last lost soul trapped in here with her.
Defile Circles Discord
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 70