Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52531 times)

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance
« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2020, 04:23:05 pm »

Kira

Doc was pleased to see Kira's reaction, but a few things puzzled her. "What do you mean you wrote it down?" she asked, "Like you're doing now, to help you remember later?"

She had planned to say more about Kirari after confirming the name. But Kira's near-manic response caused her to hesitate. She didn't want to overwhelm her patient.

Tyranian, Katrian, and Neridan intelligence had all failed to turn up details on Kirari. But Pinn had dug deeper. The hacker had connections in all the darkest corners of the growing comnet, and she'd followed a rumor trail to accurate information on Kirari's last known location, as well as a more accurate description of her appearance than could be gleaned from a few blurry photographs.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #181 on: July 11, 2020, 04:27:38 pm »

Kira

She shook her head slightly. "No. It's another memory. Or. . . maybe I did. I don't know." Kira realized she was being unhelpful, and so she took a moment to organize her thoughts. "I remember writing it down on a form. I don't know what it was, but it was important." She wasn't quite sure what to make of the rest of the aged feelings that still flitted about the newly-uncovered recollection, and it showed on her face. "I think that I drew on it, too, and I wasn't supposed to. I don't know when that was."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 11, 2020, 04:48:47 pm »

Kira

The pieces clicked together. "You did this as a child, right? That's what it sounds like." Doc said. Why would Kira have known Kirari as a child? "Well, there's a little more." Doc said tentatively, "A physical description and where she was two months after Nerest.

"At the time she was sighted, she had very pale skin, blonde hair, and hollow-looking black eyes. She was average in height and didn't have much for a figure. She didn't cut her hair very neatly, but kept it short. She was wearing a large cloak and was trying to conceal her arms and legs. I assume this was to conceal the tattoos on her arms and legs that would identify her.

"This description comes from a Lanica border check, and she's confirmed to have entered the country from Katria."
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #183 on: July 11, 2020, 05:07:59 pm »

Kira

Lanica. That was both good news and bad news. It was an actual location, a place to start, but a good place to disappear as well. Blonde hair, black eyes, average height, little figure, very pale. . . A connection started to form in her head as the conversation went on, but she refused to acknowledge that possibility, slim as it was. It simply wasn't worth contemplating. "I think so. I'm not sure," she finally answered, after ensuring everything was written. Did she draw at one point? It wasn't really abnormal for children to draw, but drawing for fun had never really occurred to her. At least, not that she could remember, of course. "Is that everything?" She realized after she spoke how it might have sounded. "This is more than I've ever found out even if it is. I don't want to be ungrateful."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 11, 2020, 05:46:27 pm »

Monika

As soon as her weapon tinked off of the General's jacket, Monika drew it back, ignoring the vibrations vibrations running up her arm from basically hitting a brick wall. For a moment, Monika took stock of the situation. She was pretty injured at this point, following her battle with Mack and now all this, and it was clear that the General wasn't planning to go on the offensive, instead waiting her out. They both knew each other, to an extent, and they both knew what each were capable of at this point. It was because of this knowledge that seemed to give the General the advantage in this situation... Since if she simply stalled Monika long enough, the Major would simply be outnumbered once the others regained mobility. If she was at her prime, well rested and in a good mood, Monika would likely have no issue defeating the general in the few minutes she had, defensive position or not.

But she was tired, injured, and clearly not having a good day. Something they could both tell, clearly.

With a sigh, Monika lowered her halberd's blade to the earth, giving the General her trademark smile as her body relaxed, "Well, this is problematic. Even when dealing with a point blank flash bang, you're as sharp as they come General" the Major stated, her tone far more casual than one would initially expect from an enemy. At least, any enemy except for Monika.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 11, 2020, 05:57:13 pm »

Kira

"That's everything concrete, but I have some of my own speculation to share." Doc said, "Based on the state of your eye and what little we know of Kirari's weapon, I suspect her weapon givea her some level of mind control. We could try using a power nullifier, but I'm sure previous doctors told you that was risky, and they didn't know that it was directly intertwined with your brain. That said, I still think our best bet is some kind of holy weapon that hinders the ability of other meisters to control their powers. It just needs to be more nuanced than weakening or canceling it."
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 05:58:52 pm by Takosher »
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #186 on: July 11, 2020, 06:30:22 pm »

Kira

"Like Verna's?" She wasn't 100% certain she had it down, but she'd seen Monika burn herself. It only made sense that the weapon disrupted powers somehow, on top of its other effects. Kira didn't address the part about mind control, mostly because she was sure she was having the wrong response to it. It was disconcerting to think that someone else had some influence over her actions this entire time, but it also made her feel a bit less like an awful person. Kirari had been cruel enough to turn her weapon on a child - if she was having some influence over Kira, then it would explain her. . . proclivities. Or, perhaps she was just being optimistic.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 13, 2020, 04:10:44 pm »

"You wanted to see me, Lieutenant Colonel?" Maari Capillus said.

"I did." the Lt. Colonel replied, making no attempt to hide her lie.

Despite her young age, the Lt. Colonel was a battle-hardened warrior. She might have been a lovely person at heart, but when it came to military matters it was all about keeping up appearances. Katrians tended to be like that. That was likely the entire reason Maari had been summoned. As the TWHR ambassador to Katria, Maari represented international law itself. It was important for any country that didn't want to be bombed off the map to at least uphold the appearance of good standing with TWHR.

"Within three weeks Neridus will have conquered Kattela." the Lt. Colonel said, "The Tribunal hasn't done anything about them, yet the Katrian invasion of Kattela was thwarted before it even hit paper. The favoritism is obvious. Despite being an international unknown just three years ago, Neridus has skyrocketed to a major political power and now controls almost six times the territory it did when it began this crusade. Whether the Tribunal okays it or not, Katria is going to war."

"Good." Maari said firmly. She was a true believer in what TWHR stood for, and found the political games that had corrupted it distasteful.

"It was almost fun, playing bureaucrat with you." the Lt. Colonel smiled wryly, "I hated this assignment with a passion, I was always the type of girl who got enthralled by stories of battlefield heroism and devout patriots."

"It's not so glamorous once you've done it, is it?" Maari gave her sympathies.

"I want to give you something. You're the only person I know who won't dismiss it outright."

Maari's eyebrows perked up at that. They weren't close, so she never would have expected a gift. The ancient-looking book was even less expected. She took it gingerly, and started to open it before the Lt. Colonel stopped her.

"Wait until you're on your way back, keep it hidden until then."

"What is it?"

"Just some ancient toilet paper. Hopefully you can make better use of it than I did."

"And what will you do?"

"Isn't it obvious? I'm going to keep being a hero."

Maari sighed, "Of course, it was silly of me to ask. Allia's blessings, Astarotte."

"I'm sorry." Astarotte said grimly.

Monika

Camilla had a somewhat perplexed look as Monika spoke, but it quickly faded to a confident smirk. "My ears are still ringing, but I'm going to take that as your surrender." she shouted in the tell-tale yell of someone who couldn't hear their own voice. she then shook her head, almost solemn in the act. "No, that's wrong, you're not the type to surrender, are you?" she shouted again, "I like you, so I'll make you a deal. Whether you win this fight or not, I'll keep the girl on the ground safe. So ignore me, go pull the needle out of your other friend, and make your escape. You're fast enough to pull it off, but I won't even try to stop you." Since the general couldn't hear, Monika's response would have to be given through her actions. She could take the deal and flee with Miru, or she could keep fighting to save both of her subordinates and possibly end up saving neither.
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 13, 2020, 06:10:50 pm »

Monika

As soon as the General commented on her ringing ears, nodded to herself, muttering "right" under her breath as she remembered the fact that flash bangs did more than just blind and disorient you, especially when you're so close to the epicenter. She quickly refocused back onto Camilla's words, as hard as they were to miss due to the shouting. Stay and fight, which would confirm Kira's safety if Camilla honored her word, or flee with Miru, leaving Kira in enemy hands. Two choices, each saving one or the other.

It would be so much easier if she could talk, but alas, she simply had to pick.

Gesturing Camilla to wait, Monika turned on her heel and walked over to Miru, still remaining utterly relaxed as she reached up and pulled the pin from Miru's floating body, taking a step back as the Holy Weapon user fell to the floor as time suddenly resumed for her. Due to her injuries, Monika took a moment to plant her halberd into the dirt next to her, just before bending down to offer the Second Lieutenant a hand up, "Miru, I need you to return to base and report on the situation. I'll try to join you soon, but be prepared to do a bit of paperwork on your own, alright?" Monika ordered once Miru got her bearings back, turning her back to the previously frozen girl and back towards the General, tearing her weapon from the ground as she did so, beginning to walk back to where she stood just moments ago, not waiting for Miru's response to her order.

Though one would initially assume that such an act would be showcasing her ready to fight once again, the fact that Monika instead planted her halberd into the ground once again and leaned on it said otherwise, coupled with the fact that she took the pin she had taken from Miru and made a stabbing motion with it towards her neck. With any luck on Monika's end, Camilla would get the message she was trying to convey.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 06:25:56 pm by GodofGamingRWBY »
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 15, 2020, 11:54:40 am »

Monika

Miru landed with a yelp of pain. She gave Monika a nod of affirmation and pulled herself to her feet with a wheezing groan. She limped off while clutching her shoulder and activated her holy weapon, slowly reducing her visibility.

Camilla didn't hesitate in throwing one of her needles at Monika. When it brushed against her, the world around seemed to jump suddenly. One instant she was alone facing the general, the next she was surrounded by armed soldiers that quickly restrained her. Neither Kira nor Miru were anywhere to be seen.

Monika was taken along with the Neridan army to their destination in Yumintrest, a large city near the border that served as a major staging ground for Camilla and her armies. Strangely, she wasn't turned over to Neridan authorities to be imprisoned. Camilla instead had her locked in a spare office without her weapon. The windows weren't barred, but the room was high enough that climbing down would be risky. She was provided a rather comfortable bed and brought food regularly, but had to ask to be taken to the bathroom. No one came to interrogate her, in fact no one came to visit her at all aside from the girl who brought her food.

Warrant Officer Cilcinat Reiger, it had taken Monika days to get her to give up her name. She'd clearly been instructed not to speak to Monika. She was an unremarkable girl, decidedly average in both height and build. She had tan skin, orange eyes, and shoulder-length silver hair. She was awful at caring for her hair, and it seemed constantly tangled in itself, even when she tried to prevent it by wearing a ponytail.

Shockingly, Monika wasn't the one to start their latest conversation. Cilcinat entered with lunch, and spoke entirely of her own accord. "I heard your friend is finally awake." she whispered timidly. It was the first Monika had heard of Kira at all since arriving.
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 15, 2020, 04:22:32 pm »

Monika

In her life, this was the first time Monika had been taken prisoner by an enemy force. Not exactly surprising, given her age, but she always thought she would be killed rather than captured, as fights tended to go. When she did think about what would happen if she was captured, a comfortable room, decent enough food, and general isolation wasn't what she expected. In fact, the only human contact she really experienced in the several days of imprisonment was the Warrant Officer, Cilcinat, who was in charge of bringing Monika her food. She was also seemingly not to speak to the Major, but unfortunately for the Neridans, Monika was a bit more charming than one would initially anticipate.

This day was different, to Monika's surprise. It started off normal enough, with Monika laying on her bed, staring at the ceiling in sheer boredom as Cilcinat came in with her food. Normally Monika would be the one to say the first word once she got up from her spot, but this time it was the Warrant Officer who initiated the conversation, an act that made Monika smile a bit. If nothing else, she was at least getting the girl to be more comfortable around her,

"That's great, thank you for the news" Monika replied as she approached Cilcinat, "I take it that aside from that small thing, your day's been pretty uneventful, no?" she added shortly after. It was a common question she asked towards the Officer, how her day was going by the time they saw each other. It at least got something going half the time.
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 17, 2020, 10:59:24 pm »

Monika

Cilcinat shot Monika a glare, she'd already broken the rules to tell Monika about Kira and didn't appreciate being prompted to do it more. This was the other half of the time, it seemed. "That's not all, you didn't hear it from me, but someone important is coming to see you today." she said, "Some big shot politician from the capital."

Without further elaboration, Monika couldn't be sure exactly what was in store, but it was unlikely to be good.

Kira

It made sense, Verna had been involved in the original memory recovery and her power fit. But, "No." Doc said firmly, "Verna's power is in the right vein, she removes the barriers that protect meisters from their own weapons, but there's a large chance of it causing the shadow tumor to go haywire. It would almost certainly work, but it might kill you. We're looking for some kind of power puppeteer, like the Dame Supreme, or another mind controller." As soon as she'd said it, Doc realized how futile that was and sighed. "That's absurd, isn't it? Holy weapons on that level aren't exactly growing on trees. Verna isn't the worst option, I'll think about it." she straightened her shoulders, "For now I think we should call it a day, you've got a lot to work through. Is there anything else you need before I go?"
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #192 on: July 17, 2020, 11:07:12 pm »

Kira

She hadn't really considered that possibility. It made sense, Kira supposed, and the thought of losing what little of herself she'd managed to claw back was more than slightly alarming. . . even if it seemed to be the only way forward. She'd have to ask Monika if she knew anyone who might, in turn, know of a power like that if they ever got back to Katria. Monika was only slightly more powerful than herself, but the woman was higher ranking.

As for Doc's request, Kira merely shook her head slightly. She raised her arms, and shook both shackle-free limbs slightly. "Will this get you in trouble?" She didn't exactly enjoy being chained to a bed, but it was a passing discomfort and not much more. Somehow, it didn't seem like she would have the spare headspace to think about her wrists chafing for the remainder of the day. "I don't plan on causing you any issues."
GM of Trespassers V2.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 18, 2020, 02:37:46 pm »

Monika

Honestly, Monika wasn't surprised that someone was finally coming down to interrogate her. It took them long enough to do so, and she was surprised that it didn't happen sooner. The one thing she didn't entirely like was the knowledge that it was a 'big shot politician'. She could never stand those types of women, and being questioned by one was not likely to be a good experience either.

"My lips are sealed, Officer" Monika replied, raising her hands in a defensive gesture at Cilcinat's sharp look before taking the tray of food off of her hands.
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 22, 2020, 03:18:45 pm »

Monika

Not long after her brief meeting with Cilcinat, Monika's bigshot visitor arrived. She was a short woman and was overweight but not excessively so, it gave her a gentle, almost cuddly, appearance. She had thin pale green hair that was tied back in a very neat ponytail and soft amaranth eyes that added to her gentle appearance. The white sundress she wore had a lavender pattern on it reminiscent of flowers and complimented her pale, slightly bluish skin nicely. She clearly had a sense of fashion, but it wasn't the sort of high-class, all-business fashion that Monika was used to seeing from Keepers back home.

She checked the clipboard in her hand and clicked her tongue thoughtfully before acknowledging Monika. It wasn't so much impolite as a nervous tic. "Major Monika Sydow. 18 holy weapon battles with 4 confirmed kills, quite the record. In fact, with a record like that you should be in one of our highest security prisons. Keeping your weapon away from you isn't security enough, holy weapons always find their way back to their meisters. Yet despite the danger, General Camilla insists we leave you in her care." she looked Monika in the eye as she introduced herself, "Senator Miranda Wright." her voice wavered slightly in fear, but she held the gaze with a surprising amount of determination.

Eilyth

Despite how busy she'd been with preparation, time had flown. They were shipping out in a matter of days, and the wedding was in a matter of hours. Brigitte was on the verge of her third panic attack of the day, and Gwynn was trying to comfort her. Mom had taken charge and was helping Leah and her mother--who Eilyth still hadn't met--finalize the decorations. Brienne was chatting with the preacher, Tahra was around somewhere, and Enid was late. Leah was an only child, but her cousins Laurie and Moray were in attendance. Moray was slightly older than Eilyth age, and were it not for Eilyth's recent promotion would have been her superior in rank as well. She took the military very seriously, and was intent on giving Eilyth the stink eye at every opportunity.

Laurie on the other hand, was only fourteen. Fourteen and crushing on every eligible woman in sight. With everyone else some degree of taken or relative, she'd started following Eilyth around like a lost puppy. She was tall and skinny to the point where it looked unhealthy. She had dark, red-tinted skin, long brown hair that she had messily dyed pink streaks in, and blue eyes partially concealed by smudged pink glasses. Her messy teen fashion contrasted greatly with the formal white dress she kept fidgeting in. At least that much Eilyth could empathize with, having been forced to wear the dress's black equivalent.

She might have been in an awkward phase in terms of style and hormones, but she was proving to be a pretty big help. Eilyth had found herself carrying chairs out to fill the auditorium, and while Laurie couldn't carry nearly as much as Eilyth could, she had a seemingly limitless supply of energy and enthusiasm for helping out. And when she was focused on working, she couldn't find the time to try to woo Eilyth with tales of her teenage escapades or to complain about how her latest essay only got her a B after she put so much work into it. Unfortunately, the reprieve was almost over, they were nearing the task's completion.
Defile Circles Discord
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 70