Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Alikai Team Thread - FR20 [~5 players]  (Read 15014 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Alikai Team Thread - FR20 [~5 players]
« Reply #165 on: May 28, 2020, 04:01:07 pm »

Design: Water Filters

The experience of the well-keepers in the aqueducts and their estatic (quite so - they scared some of the archivists a little) reviews of the freshly lichen-filtered water have led us to design a portable solution for the military. It's extremely simple: you take a cutting of the lichen, stick it in a metal tube, and cap each end with a metal mesh. Then, we simply issue a tube to each squad in our military to filter their drinking water in the field with. The bottom of the metal tube has a little shaped spout to allow easy guiding of the poured water, while the top has a shaped metal funnel. Any excess cuttings make good firewood, and when the tube starts to inevitably corrode from water, the lichen inside can also be used for firewood.

Quote from: It's Turtles!
Turtle Captains: (1) TricMagic, Doomblade
Arachne(1) TricMagic
Water Pump(1) TricMagic
Water Filter: (1) Doomblade
(Research) Croakadiers: (0)
Killer Rabbit Polo Team: (1) Doomblade

I do support the Croakadiers, just want to bump my rabbit cav for now.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 05:28:12 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 28, 2020, 05:35:46 pm »

... As a question, what use does water have exactly? We kinda need to revise out the aqueduct bug.

Quote from: Turtles, Spiders, and Rabbits~
Turtle Captains: (1) TricMagic, Doomblade
Arachne(1) TricMagic
(Aqueduct Revision)Water Pump(1) TricMagic
Killer Rabbit Polo Team: (1) Doomblade

Arachne will give us access to a unit that can excel in mountains, and woods to a degree with webs strung about to block those who are larger than a bird. Being able to create bridges as well will prove useful.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 05:39:21 pm by TricMagic »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 28, 2020, 05:37:17 pm »

From the Lunacy Lichens revision.:

Research Lead: There are interesting reports of side-effects within workers of the upper aqueducts, who often pull their drinking water immediately after it has been purified by the Lunatic Lichens. Universally positive, the workers report increased energy, a noted absence of internal parasites, significantly reduced rate of disease.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2020, 05:44:54 pm »

Generally, first fixing the aqueducts would prove useful, before using the positive effects to boost Mortal count again.

Also of note is that apprently those boar-riders aren't everywhere, and that mortals of particular note have a higher mortal cost. So fixing the bug increases the Mortal Count, which is a good thing.

Turtle Captains will do well with Turtlebotes, and Arachne for the mountains. And their silk can later be used for things like parkas for the cold.

There is also that we have done the things. 3 designs that help out, so these designs should be light on difficulty, but effective in scope. So getting some Luna People made is a good idea. I like the Arachne, but one could also go for birds.

As a GM question, if we remove that cluster bug from the second heritage ritual, will that be reflected in any transformations that ended up with a higher cost?(cost increase being removed)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 05:56:00 pm by TricMagic »

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 28, 2020, 06:08:29 pm »

From the Lunacy Lichens revision.:

Research Lead: There are interesting reports of side-effects within workers of the upper aqueducts, who often pull their drinking water immediately after it has been purified by the Lunatic Lichens. Universally positive, the workers report increased energy, a noted absence of internal parasites, significantly reduced rate of disease.

So, with a Research Lead, the design that comes out of a lead should go into more detail on the practical effects of the lead. Sure, the soldiers have these great mega-straws that purify the water and keep them free of parasites and stomach aches, but is that all they do?

A research lead is designed to be the tip of a larger iceberg, giving you a bonus on design relating to it.

Arachne
So, the smallest of the spidergirls is the only one you can get away with the 'This is totes not a transformation, just an amplified racial characteristic' buff. I'm fine with all three, but the small ones are the only type that will ever be able to take a transformation, while the larger pair will be wholly transformed.

EDIT BECAUSE I MISSED A QUESTION
As a GM question, if we remove that cluster bug from the second heritage ritual, will that be reflected in any transformations that ended up with a higher cost?(cost increase being removed)

Yes.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 06:15:01 pm by The Adversary »
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 28, 2020, 07:58:37 pm »

I mean, the small Arachne being able to take another transformation was completely outside my thought process in the first place. If they can, that's pretty good. I wrote them as being a full transformation for them as a whole.

Great news DB, something that does in fact allow two transformations(in a sense). Though one would question what transformation the Small Arachne would take on.

I really did write them expecting it to be a transformation for all of them and get us the Arachne as a racial unit. They'd do well in the mountains so long a they are careful and make liberal use of spiderwebs.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2020, 10:39:23 pm »

Turtle Captains: (3) TricMagic, Doomblade, Happerry
Arachne(1) TricMagic
Killer Rabbit Polo Team: (2) Doomblade, Happerry

Any chance the Killer Rabbit Polo Team could at least have light lances? Seems a waste to have highly mobile cavalry without any way of spearing people as they jump into the fight.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 29, 2020, 10:53:16 pm »

I can add it as an option, just the thought of them playing polo as combat was a fun one.

Turtle Captains: (3) TricMagic, Doomblade, Happerry
Arachne(1) TricMagic
Water Filter: (0)
(Research) Croakadiers: (1) Doomblade
Killer Rabbit Polo Team: (2) Doomblade, Happerry

Edit: I highly recommend we research the Croakadiers.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 10:55:18 pm by Doomblade187 »

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 29, 2020, 10:55:48 pm »

Turtle Captains: (4) TricMagic, Doomblade, Happerry, Chaoskl21
Arachne(1) TricMagic
(Research) Croakadiers: (1) Doomblade
Killer Rabbit Polo Team: (2) Doomblade, Happerry, Chaoskl21

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 29, 2020, 11:27:19 pm »

Turtle Captains: (5) TricMagic, Doomblade, Happerry, Chaoskl21, Powder Miner
Arachne(1) TricMagic
(Research) Croakadiers: (2) Doomblade, Powder Miner
Killer Rabbit Polo Team: (4) Doomblade, Happerry, Chaoskl21, Powder Miner
Not wholly enthusiastic about the rabbits, since they’re pretty brief, but they’re not hugely offensive

Will make a lore entry later tonight

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 01, 2020, 09:34:31 am »

Could use some more votes.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 01, 2020, 10:04:04 am »

Do we really need to do research? Especially on something as offensively simple as making slime explode on impact.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 01, 2020, 10:32:34 am »

Could use some more votes.

We're basically waiting on Zehlin and contest submissions at this point.
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 01, 2020, 11:13:40 am »

There are only two with more than two votes. I'd like to fix the aqueducts more than create something that uses a single toad as a explosive.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 01, 2020, 11:34:15 am »

We need contest submissions the most right now, I think.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18