Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Alikai Team Thread - FR20 [~5 players]  (Read 15055 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Alikai Team Thread - FR20 [~4 players]
« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2020, 02:31:12 pm »

Come on, designs are funnnn. :P

Plus, we do need cavalry.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2020, 02:40:04 pm »

What happened to the snakes...

I'll note we have 4 turns and 12 designs left? Or is it going to be 9 followed by first combat? Either way, plenty to focus on the basic structure. We don't want to build a tower on sand, do we?

And honestly, have an idea for cavalry. Except, you know, wanting to do Rite of Adulthood to get that 3 Design backing for turning certain members into our cavalry. Those snake-people(lamia) on their own are a very good start. So long as we have that 3 Design Backing. They will be around a long long time.

Think, 9 designs, many with the backing of 3 Designs for modifying our people. Who doesn't want that type of advantage, it's like having a research bonus for all of them, if not more.(may be exaggeration) And this bonus is never going to go away, we will have it for the entire game. Pretty good if I do say so myself. Let's take this path to it's conclusion for those bonuses.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 02:43:01 pm by TricMagic »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2020, 02:46:11 pm »

Just as a rules pointer, bugs are 'treated' first on partially successful revisions. Bugs which aren't completely successfully revised away are reduced in severity by one level. For minor bugs, this means they vanish. Thus, if the only bug you're ever trying to treat is minor, you'll always resolve the bug. Unless the bug is intractable. You might not get the revision you want if you roll poorly, but the bug will definitely be resolved.

Revisions are made so that you can always make progress on fixing bugs. It is, quite literally, impossible to roll so badly on a bug-fixing revision that you make no progress.
Well, that's fantastic.

I, then, added the bows, as Doom requested.

Tric, I'll note that the Rite of Adulthood still isn't the Lunacy upgrade you're marketing it as. I would be significantly more willing to vote for it if it was.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 02:47:58 pm by Powder Miner »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2020, 02:57:56 pm »

Heritage Ritual: Passage of Adulthood

During the first full moon of someone's 16th year, a second ritual takes place. This ritual serves as the rite of passage, in which one can choose to gain greater power through their species, taking on traits from them. It serves as a rite of passage, that one comes into adulthood. After this, one may choose a profession to specialize in. While they may have learned during the time before this ritual, it is this focus that will lead to passing the Rite of Adulthood in 8 years, where they will showcase their mastery and their body and mind will be fine-tuned through the ritual involved in that profession. Those that fail are considered lesser adults, never to have a place of true power within the clan, so the time leading up to this often overlaps with the Passage itself.

Heritage Ritual: Passage of Adulthood V2

During the first full moon of someone's 16th year, a second ritual takes place. This ritual serves as the rite of passage, in which one can choose to gain greater power through their species, taking on traits from them. It serves as a rite of passage, that one comes into adulthood. After this, one may choose a profession to specialize in. In theory, this ritual allows modifications through Sacred Lanacy to be almost flawless in execution, so long as it fits their mark and that of their clan. In practice, this means that due to the completely random genealogy tree of the People of Luna, while those related to ones personal species have prominence, a recessive trait can also be brought to fore and combined with the primary trait.

During the 8 years after the ritual, the person involved will experience strengthened growth, allowing their bodies and minds to more easily learn that which they have chosen to learn. A extension that brings forth a child's natural ability to learn/adapt, and continues into adulthood. Needless to say, this plasticity of thought also allows one to more easily adapt to massive changes in biology, and the mental changes and instincts that occur.

This better?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 03:00:00 pm by TricMagic »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2020, 03:04:14 pm »

Yeah, I'm definitely okay with that one.
I think I'll vote this way...
This turn: Turtles, Passage of Adulthood, fix Akibara
Next turn: Turtle Captains, Toad Cavalry, something else.

Quote from: Votebox
Turtles of Taratan: (4) TricMagic, Powder Miner, Chaoskl21, Doomblade
The Turtle Captains: (1) Doomblade
Heritage Ritual: Passage of Adulthood: (2) TricMagic, Chaoskl21
Heritage Ritual: Passage of Adulthood V2: (1) Powder Miner
Aqueduct Revision, Dire Sand Scorpion: (1) TricMagic
Mines of Earthreach: (0)
Akibara Specialization: (0)
Yelling At The Akibara Until They Move Faster: (1) Powder Miner
Toad Cavalry: (1) Doomblade

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2020, 03:06:31 pm »

To me that still sounds like a transformation, not the set up for further transformations. Also, shouldn't we be doing some of the big more complicated things as research instead of a design? Researching stuff makes them easier to do and gives us a better idea of how far we are pushing after all.

Turtles of Taratan: (5) TricMagic, Powder Miner, Chaoskl21, Doomblade, Happerry
The Turtle Captains: (3) Powder Miner, Doomblade, Happerry
Yelling At The Akibara Until They Move Faster: (2) Powder Miner, Happerry
Toad Cavalry: (1) Doomblade
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2020, 03:12:37 pm »

To me that still sounds like a transformation, not the set up for further transformations. Also, shouldn't we be doing some of the big more complicated things as research instead of a design? Researching stuff makes them easier to do and gives us a better idea of how far we are pushing after all.

Well, it doesn't actually mention any specific transformations. It's a design that does nothing but hang large red blinking lights around a sign that reads 'I'm going to mutate the shit out of everyone later'.

Quick Edit: To clarify, the way I see this there is no transformation included. However, you're setting it up so that future transformations are linked back to this Heritage Ritual.
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2020, 03:13:38 pm »

Basically what Happerry said.

The Turtle Captains: (2) Doomblade, Happerry
Yelling At The Akibara Until They Move Faster: (3) Powder Miner, Happerry, Doomblade
Toad Cavalry: (0)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2020, 03:15:13 pm »

lmao well hell with it, sorry Tric, if the Captains are likely to get more traction than the Passage of Adulthood, I'll swing for my turtley lads.
The Turtle Captains: (3) Doomblade, Happerry, Powder Miner
Heritage Ritual: Passage of Adulthood V2: (0)
Yelling At The Akibara Until They Move Faster: (3) Powder Miner, Happerry, Doomblade

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2020, 03:18:22 pm »

Well, it doesn't actually mention any specific transformations. It's a design that does nothing but hang large red blinking lights around a sign that reads 'I'm going to mutate the shit out of everyone later'.

Quick Edit: To clarify, the way I see this there is no transformation included. However, you're setting it up so that future transformations are linked back to this Heritage Ritual.

Heritage Ritual: Passage of Adulthood V2: (2) TricMagic, Chaoskl21, Doomblade

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 25, 2020, 03:19:51 pm »

Heritage Ritual: Passage of Adulthood: (1) Chaoskl21,
Heritage Ritual: Passage of Adulthood V2: (2) TricMagic, Doomblade
Yelling At The Akibara Until They Move Faster: (2) Powder Miner, Happerry,
Toad Cavalry: ()

Chaoskl21, want to switch over to the V2?

The plasticity of the brain will allow transformations further outside the norm. It will make it easier to adapt to them, so those bugs won't actually appear. We'd get other bugs in that case, but the plasticity with the other two should result in lowered difficulty in all cases anyway, so it's good. The body and mind are readied to undergo transformation. As well, that plasticity makes it easier to learn/adapt, which is something adults lose normally. Callback to the Rite of Childhood and drawing from that. And opening the option to draw from both a primary and secondary trait in transformations.

Designs tend to have bigger exp impact, so research would tend to be for the really big stuff. Dire versions don't count, and these three designs means that in most cases, single species transformations also don't count so long as they fit.

Luna-homo sapiens > Rite of Light/Childhood > Rite of Aldulthood > Many Transformations not limited to turtle-people, lamia, catgirls, eaglepeople, arachne, mermen(and maids), were-versions which can transform at night to gain a massive power boost.

are we done with ninjas?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 03:22:02 pm by TricMagic »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2020, 03:22:10 pm »

w--
i, uh--
well--
if Passage of Adulthood is confirmed perfectly legit, since I missed Adversary's post previously in the sudden voting chaos
it's worth hanging onto the Captains until after we do it
I'm not sure if consolidating the two versions is legit without Chaos' input, but this vote shift should roughly make it ok anyway
Heritage Ritual: Passage of Adulthood: (1) Chaoskl21
Heritage Ritual: Passage of Adulthood V2: (3) TricMagic, Doomblade, Powder Miner

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2020, 03:24:31 pm »

w--
i, uh--
well--
if Passage of Adulthood is confirmed perfectly legit, since I missed Adversary's post previously in the sudden voting chaos
it's worth hanging onto the Captains until after we do it
I'm not sure if consolidating the two versions is legit without Chaos' input, but this vote shift should roughly make it ok anyway
Heritage Ritual: Passage of Adulthood V2: (4) TricMagic, Doomblade, Powder Miner, Chaoskl21
I'm fine with replacing v1 with v2

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2020, 03:28:07 pm »

Should we make Chameleon Ninja. Given the ninjaing that just went on.

Turtle boys and girls are definitely coming next turn. Though I'd note the use of Sea Turtles as the base since those can't retract into their shells in the first place.

Ah, I do want to fix the aqueducts though, since we might need food for our critters and a fixed aqueduct could lead to farming. In the desert, which is pretty interesting if nothing else.

Nin. Only one design left.

Adversary, what does an increased mortal count do on the whole. If a unit cost 1 Mortal, do we gain any bonus for having more? And how will mortal cost work for designs? Larger units needing more people?

Another good question is, will the Fruits of the Land be what feed our Dire critters?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2020, 03:28:17 pm »

The Turtle Captains: (1) Happerry
Heritage Ritual: Passage of Adulthood V2: (4) TricMagic, Doomblade, Powder Miner, Choaskl21
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 03:30:35 pm by Doomblade187 »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18