Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 76

Author Topic: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game  (Read 68343 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #540 on: June 24, 2020, 02:52:36 pm »

This is not the post you are looking for.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 04:33:52 pm by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 24, 2020, 03:08:34 pm »

((Can we not do the decade long time skips? It really messes up narrative time line "He went to war, but, uh..., nothing happened for a decade"))
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 24, 2020, 03:13:50 pm »

(I figured Strik3r would shorten it if he had a problem with it, but I will say again that it definitely feels weird for so incredibly little to happen in so much time.)
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 24, 2020, 04:02:50 pm »

Tankit could just edit his post to an earlier year

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 24, 2020, 04:25:50 pm »

??? TheRedwolf is the person who went from 281.1 to 290. It can't be 281.90 either because the extra 0 would be redundant and TheRedwolf has proven that they know how negative numbers work in previous posts, so don't look at me.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 24, 2020, 04:31:28 pm »

Welp, here goes nothing. Hullo all!

Year 279.1
From the broken ruins of Vanishmountain, a mad-dwarf emerges. Clad in naught but a hairy loincloth and a hairier beard, the Angry Babbler wanders into the northern wilderness.
((O hai Superdorf, fancy seeing you here. Most of the time bolding is used to indicate a request for a roll. If i can't figure out what i'm supposed to roll for or if it clearly isn't meant to be one, i wont. But bolding stuff randomly still does cause me a bit of confusion. NOTE: NOT A CITATION, just a a bit of a hint on how stuff works. If you do accidentaly bold something that i CAN roll for, i will. :P consider yourself warned :D))

Year 281.1-90
Jøtok Vinterjak gathers his forces of the living and dead And Completely reforms the Lökhund lands into the Jarldom of Nordica. The lökhunds once again return to their friendly yet warlike way of life from before the Bloodjarls. All enslaved captured people are set free and given full citizenship. The forgotten values of friendship and honor are reinstated, and the shrines of the old Lökhund pantheon once again gain visitors. A small number of Bloodjarls disagree with the Nordic Reformation and sail west and settle on the archipelago there, retaining the title of lokhundr bloodjarldom
OOC: Lökhundr redemption arc anybody?

((Damnit lol, i wanted to give the Revenants a territory myself but you beat me to it, oh well. First come, first serve, and i dont get any special privileges))

also

((Can we not do the decade long time skips? It really messes up narrative time line "He went to war, but, uh..., nothing happened for a decade"))

(I figured Strik3r would shorten it if he had a problem with it, but I will say again that it definitely feels weird for so incredibly little to happen in so much time.)

((Yeah, thats a bit of a two pronged thing. 10 years is bit much, yeah, but Its really only a timeskip if you make it one. Turns are generally ordered by the START year if you specify a timeframe, and it is perfectly legit to put your turn in the middle of the timeframe, year numbers aren't exclusive, almost every update for the last 5 or so there's been a turn with a duplicate year number, and all i've done is place a little (2) next to it in the summary. So yeah, if theres a timeframe, consider the first number the actual year number and the second one for when the event ends. Stuff can still happen during the timeframe and even interact with ongoing events. Just no time paradoxes ok? ;D (Dont place stuff in the past, ESPECIALLY if it would influence turns set after it.)

But yes, as of right now, TankKit's year 291(and any turns after it) will be shifted backwards by about 9-10 years or so. So you can consider ankKit's year 291, year 282 instead))
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 04:34:04 pm by Strik3r »
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 24, 2020, 04:33:30 pm »

Oh, well that's fair enough then. Sorry for my misunderstanding.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 24, 2020, 04:41:50 pm »

Sorry Tankkit

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 24, 2020, 06:20:42 pm »

((Right then-- no more irrelevant bold-text. Only relevant bold-text!))

Year 282.1
For perhaps a year now, the Angry Babbler has quietly grumbubbled a passable existence upon the shoreline east of the Chaos Coalition. Paddling about on a log-raft and fishing with a hook upon the end of its beard, the Babbler has had food enough to sustain its babblings-- but ah! The light of madness!

An inspiration from the goddess Perun!

Loading his raft with ample stores of sun-dried cod, the Angry Babbler sets off across the northeast channel! His voyage will take him to the elves of Ukalia, if the storm doesn't take him first.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 24, 2020, 07:44:09 pm »

((First I just want to say that this entire idea as a whole is INCREDIBLY engaging, and the level of quality by which the encyclopedia is maintained is just top notch! I can't help but want to take part, even though I've not finished reading the entire history as of yet, and so I will attempt to make a rather innocuous event that hopefully doesn't step on any toes! Let me know if I'm doing something horribly wrong please!))

Year 282.3
The bountiful waters of the wide gulf nestled between the lands of the Alliance of Blood and the Kingdom of Ukalia are dyed overnight an odd inky-black, a murk that is thick to the touch. Almost like a layer of watery tar. Humble fisher-folk of the area and beyond begin to harbor superstitious beliefs in regards to the area, and oft' avoid its offerings. Despite this, the gulf remains just as plentiful in its gifts as ever. In the common tongue it has been referred to as the Bleak Well, sometimes more colloquially as 'Myrkur Blettur' for its occasional gouts slowly encroach this streak in the northern seas.

Perhaps something stirs below?
I've lost control of my life.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 24, 2020, 08:46:43 pm »

Unraveller, I don’t think this stepped on anyone’s toes. Anything can be changed

Year 282.3
The purple leaves attached to the conscious host begin to form tubes made by having groups of 4 adjacent leaves curl into a cylinder. The hope is that when the leaf groups make pollen, the tube allows the grains to be pushed out at higher speeds, thus forcing them to travel farther to hopefully infect more hosts
((If the wording and explanation is confusing, tell me and I will explain better what I mean)
Roll for how well this goes
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 09:40:41 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 24, 2020, 08:50:28 pm »

((Sorry! I just felt a little anxious joining a 37 Page thread. But I might be here to stay, it's comfy! I'm right around year 150 in my reading. I looooved the Climber Trolls, something so simple in the grand scheme of things, yet the picture in my head is kinda adorable. Lol.))
I've lost control of my life.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 24, 2020, 08:52:26 pm »

((Sorry! I just felt a little anxious joining a 37 Page thread. But I might be here to stay, it's comfy! I'm right around year 150 in my reading. I looooved the Climber Trolls, something so simple in the grand scheme of things, yet the picture in my head is kinda adorable. Lol.))
((I’m glad you like them, I’m hoping others can expand on the moss trolls and climber trolls, after all, everyone can change everything.))

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 25, 2020, 02:56:23 am »

Year 283
The Moss Trolls, after a long period of little activity, begin settling some of the surrounding islands.

Similarly, the Moko and Wharg tribes have begun expanding to the surrounding islands as their original islands become overpopulated.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 25, 2020, 04:47:59 am »

Year 283
From the druids of the Batpeople a regulating oral Tradition of Rules and Rituals emerges. With the aid of These Rules the Batpeople manage to band together Into bigger Bands of people. Furthermore the worship complex where the druids reside grows to be a town and the First small Plots of agriculture can be observed.
Donkebab ist quite happy with the Batpeople.
Donkebab Looks for the Most Moral batperson druid
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 76