Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 76

Author Topic: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game  (Read 68269 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #990 on: July 31, 2020, 11:51:42 am »

Year 347

Eightstone once again attacks the Free Cities, and the brutal sandstorm shows no signs of stopping.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 31, 2020, 12:48:00 pm »

((Where are the jade leaves at?))

((Nowhere, yet.

They're so under developed and left so open ended that i didn't even place them anywhere in particular yet))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 31, 2020, 03:30:57 pm »

Year 347.1
Vilutra the Immortal Dragon with an affinity to water who runs the enclave north of the Elder Council of Dragolia, notices new plants with jade leaves growing near her river.
Map

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 31, 2020, 03:39:27 pm »

Year 348

Years have passed since C'is and the Priests were dealt with by the angry Toadmen mobs of Sicis!

But a new, powerful chieftain, called 'Mumru', raises to prominence. He shall attempt to do what C'is did - unite the tribes under his rule... but with the whole ordeal with C'is, the elder Toadmen aren't very approving of his ambitions. Will the young Mumru succeed in uniting the disparate tribes, or fail gloriously!?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 31, 2020, 04:08:26 pm »

Year 349-350

After much thought, Fimira diplomatically approaches the dragon named Tahar to talk about his problems, while offering Tahar Griffonian assistance in exchange of allowing the Bleg to be more open.

After that, Fimira travels to New Griffonia and Refugio  invites them to their trade network.

At last, Fimira travels to the Batpeople Islands, and offers them a deal. If the Batpeople accept to turn into a trade protectorate under the Griffons, the Griffons will help them open up to the world.

Lastly, a letter is send to every kingdom, powerful groups, organizations, people...in the two continents.

"To my fellow rulers and leaders,

The Griffonian people are nothing but grateful for all the acceptance we have received. My ancestors would have loved meeting a land as diverse like your own.

It's time that we Griffons repay the debt.

We fled from our home due to a massive monstrosity which we call the Three that are One. This creature, and it's army of darkness, ravaged our lands with a fire so strong that melted the strongest castle, a screech so terrifying that even the bravest warrior became paralysed in fear, and a breath so toxic that killed everything it consumed.

We have reasons to believe that this beast may be coming here. It can't be reasoned with, and it will hunt and hunt until there's nothing left to consume.

But unlike us, you now know that this abomination is coming, and you can prepare for it. It may take months, years, or decades. But it will come. So we must set our differences aside, and work together. Because if we don't, all your beliefs, all your knowledge, and all of your culture will vanish into nothing

~Fimira, Grand Matriarch of the Sha Matrifocalty, Current Ruler of the Griffonian people,"

All current influential figures, are invited to the neutral grounds of Hope's Claw.
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 31, 2020, 04:51:00 pm »

((If the griffons are sending the letter about it’s coming, they do know, so it’d be like us, not unlike us))

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 01, 2020, 03:39:48 am »

((If the griffons are sending the letter about it’s coming, they do know, so it’d be like us, not unlike us))

((...No? The Griffons are saying that unlike them, everyone in the two continents knows that the threat is coming, since the Griffons themselves were caught off guard.))
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 01, 2020, 07:32:39 am »

((Oh, sorry))

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 01, 2020, 07:46:39 am »

Notices and Summary:

TURNS:

WORLD STATE:
The Sky Island Dwarves have continued on their sky-island building.

The construction of Zhculdae Khanate's Kapital and the Chaos Coalition' Rift has Progressed.

Rolls

Free Cities of Dalai attempts diplomacy with the Golden Kingdom
Code: [Select]
1d20=3The Golden Kingdom denies Dalai's request for assistance, presumably not wanting to make an enemy out of Eightstone and possibly kick off a god war. From the negotiations between the diplomats, it can be inferred that The Golden Kingdom does not have a high opinion of Dalai, considering them cowards and greedy for their actions during the second and third crusades. They make it clear that they do not need Dalai's assistance in anyway, and offer none likewise.

Scholars attempt a sacrifice to Eightstone again.
1d20=10Even though the scholars thought that they had the correct ingredients, the results are as before, just nothing. Maybe the scholars were mistaken and they did not use the correct materials once again. Or maybe Eightstone is refusing to respond... Or maybe the sacrifice did have some effect, that the scholars simply could not observe. Some pessimistic scholars believe that it is for the best that nothing happens, there is no telling what could happen...
(Eightstone has recovered 1 hitpoint)

Eightstone vs. Dalai
Eightstone 1d20=10
Dalai 1d20=6
The raging sandstorm following Eightstone greatly hampered of Dalai army troops' vision, leaving Eightstone little a more than a giant, frightening silhouette in the sandstorm, making hitting it with any weaponry rather difficult for the first time. The troops did note that Eightstone's body had "healed" in certain places where it was damaged before.  Eightstone itself again seemed to barely care about the soldiers attacking it, but did seemingly attempt to step on them intentionally as it marched through the Dalaian territory, turning it into desert as it went.

Eightstone did take some damage from the defending Dalaian army, but dealt much more damage to Dalai.
(Eightstone has taken 2 points of damage.)

Mumru attempts to unite Sicis once more
1d20=5The Elders of the Tribes indeed did not take well to Mumru's ambition to sieze power over the tribes, much like C'is did. Not only did the Elders refuse to acknowledge Mumru's proclamation of rule over the Tribes, but also those of his own tribe refused to acknowledge his position as Chieftain, effectively having been stripped of the title by the tribe, and making him a pariah, a social outcast. Mumru had nothing to do but leave the lands of the Toadman Tribes in shame.

Sha'Fimira attempts to make a deal with Tahar
1d20=2The Negotiations between Fimira and Tahar do not go well at all. Upon learning that the Griffons had been spying on them, Tahar bluntly told Fimira "Keep your little beak out of places it does not belong in."
and made it clear that any Griffons in the Bleg lands would be considered spies and treated as such, telling her to leave before he does "find a use for her." and that even the Elysians deserve more respect than the Griffons, especially since he recently had a rather heated argument with an Archmage from the University as he thought that Tahar was keeping them captive, but the Archmage was eventually convinced that the Elysians had just wandered into the Blegs' land of their own accord. Tahar accused Fimira of telling lies to the University to destroy Tahar's reputation in the University.

Sha'Fimira attempts to secure a trade agreement with New Griffonia and Refugio Guerra
In order: New Griffonia, Refugio Guerra.
2d20=7+10
Fimira could not successfully convince either of the nations to engage in trade directly with the Sha Matrifocality.

New Griffonia has stayed true to their principles in not letting Sha Matrifocality have a part in New Griffonia's future. It seems that every time that Sha Matrifocality does try to interact with them, they only growm more irritated, seeing it as just another attempt to lure the Griffons of New Griffonia back into the fold of the Sha Matrifocality.

Refugio Guerra's answer was a bit simpler: Jahtari Sultanate is closer, there is no point for them haul goods directly to Sha Matrifocality when they can just trade with the Sultanate and it can trade with the Matrifocality.

Year 350.1
Jahtari Sultanate and Refugio Guerra have begun work on their joint project to connect the two nations directly together, The so called "Sky Bridge" project, it will surely take a while to complete. but once complete will allow much easier travel and transport of goods between the two nations, due to the advanced system of lift that has been developed for the tower on the Refugio Guerra's end of the bridge.

Wülfhærd's Group, of Løkhunds and Elysians has begun traveling north-east, toward the legendary Great Scar, but have encountered Irahan's Enclave during their travel and have decided to stay there for a while, with the dragons there being surprisingly welcoming. Regardless how welcoming they were, the Elysians felt visibly uneasy in the presence of the fire dragons, and especially Irayam, the young phoenix, even though the Elysians were encouraged to play together with him and the other young dragons, but the Elysians just seemed to back away from Irayam, who grew increasingly infuriated trying to understand "What's wrong with them", only adding to the uneasiness of the Elysians present. Irayam was already big enough to carry an Elysian on his back when Jarl Wülfhærd's group was there, so, rather large for a bird. With some difficulty it was figured out that Elysians were highly averse to fire, having NEVER encountered it before...

Another thing that was figured out was that the names of most of the Enclave's dragons come from the Avarrian Empire.

Map and Legend

NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 01, 2020, 08:11:04 am »

Year 350.3: Given that fighting the snakes on even ground would end poorly for the Bleg some of them have gotten permission from Tahar to go to the university and learn some forms of magic that might help them in case the snakes decide to attack and to find out more about the explosive black powder they had heard about.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: August 01, 2020, 08:32:47 am »

Year 350.5

Eightstone continues its rampage northwest, heading directly for the capital of Dalai!

Meanwhile, the sandstorm continues to ravage the eastern Dalaian peninsula. It isn't getting any weaker, but it has stopped growing in intensity.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 01, 2020, 10:36:17 am »

Year 350.6

Desperation.
A dwarfish alchemist.
Ten shiploads of gunpowder.

In a farflung settlement on the eastmost island of Dalai, construction begins on a truly monumental bomb.

Year 350.7
In the capitals of the Golden Kingdom and the Sandstone Qhanganate, hooded figures make their calls: emissaries from Dalai, seeking aid against their apocalyptic foe. How fare the pleas?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: August 01, 2020, 10:41:01 am »

Year 350.8
The Host makes his way south, spreading the red leaves as he goes. Eventually he comes across a rock creature who calls himself M’Ova. M’Ova asks The Host to tell all he knows about the Purple Leaf Disease, which he does. The Red Leaves also supply information about themselves, that they were created by Chaos magic to combat the Purple Leaves.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 05:44:40 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 02, 2020, 07:24:20 am »

Notices and Summary:

Hey, Unraveller. I hope you're still reading this thread,.. Would you want to write the turn that breaks apart the northern half of Dragolia? I feel like i wouldn't do it justice.
I've almost got Dragolia's new map completed and we're still approaching that event...
Also, im expecting more turns this cycle, lets see if my intuition is correct...
TURNS:

(King Zultan : Year 350.3)
Some Bleg head to the Great Scar University to learn some magic

(TankKit : Year 350.5)
Eightstone attacks Dalai, attempting to reach the capital city, but was halted by Dalai's Army.
Eightstone's sandstorm heads eastward and weakens the territory there.

(Superdorf : Year 350.6)
A Dwarf alchemist, in collaboration with the White Tower, makes THE BARREL.
(Superdorf : Year 350.7)
Emissaries from Dalai ask for help from Sandstone Qhanganate, but the Qhanganate refuses.

(Naturegirl1999 : Year 350.8)
The Host makes his way south, spreading the red leaves as he goes. Eventually he meets M'Ova and shares his knowledge of the Red Leaves with him.

WORLD STATE:
The Sky Island Dwarves have continued on their sky-island building.

Construction of the Observatory has progressed.

Free Cities of Dalai, Dorathian Kingdom and the Jahtari Sultanate have grown into their weak territories.

Hamsterfolk Shamans has grown into the remainder of its weak territory.

Rolls

Eightstone attacks Dalai again
Eightstone 1d20=9
Free Cities of Dalai 1d20=16
Without its protective shroud in the form of the Sandstorm, Eightstone is much more vulnerable to ranged weapons such as cannons and magic spells. and as it got closer to the capital, the amount of Slugmen firing upon it only increased and Eightstone's only answer was still stepping on its foes, which the Slugmen are having a bit of difficulty dodging... Moving quickly isn't exactly a slug's strong suit, nor is it Slugmen's, having no legs, there's a reason the Slugmen of the Sandstone Qhanganate prefer mounted combat...

Still the volume of cannonfire is enough to slow Eightstone down considerably, but it still dealt some damage to Dalai's lands, but took a greater amount of it in return.

With reports of Eightstone's heading being toward the capital of Dalai, the Magi of the University have closed Dalai's Arcane Portal as a precaution. While Magi agree that Eightstone's form is FAR too big to fit through an Arcane Portal, it is still a god.
(Eightstone has taken 5 points of damage)

A sandstorm strikes Dalai
1d20=19Despite the sandstorm not having grown in size, the aftermath of it hitting the remaining eastern side of Dalai is devastating as it became a giant whirlwind of sand, rocks and whatever else it picks up on its destructive path through the coast of Dalai. Towns in its path suffer massive damage as buildings are torn to shreds by rapid and deadly winds and streets are covered in large amounts of sand after it passes...
Even though the Sandstorm has dissipated, It is expected that the Dalaians will take a while until they can fix the damage.

A Dwarf alchemist attempts to make a bomb
1d20=20!((...You lucky Sonofabitch...))
Ten shiploads of black powder, compacted, compressed into a cast iron casing the size of a barrel, some witchcraft was surely afoot in the construction of "THE BARREL" as it has been nicknamed.
The projected explosive yield of this "device" alone is unfathomable, and as mentioned before some wizardry was involved in creating it, wizards from The White Tower helped create it, exploiting quirks in Chaos magic to stuff all of the powder in there, and included a special surprise inside "THE BARREL", supposedly as an "experiment" to test something. It is not yet known what will happen once "THE BARREL" is detonated, but it is expected to level a town at the very least.

"THE BARREL" is so awesome, that no one in this world will EVER again replicate its expected destructive power, and all Magi involved have strongly advised against actually detonating "THE BARREL". It has warnings in every known language warning of the potential destructive power... As well as making it clear that whoever lights "THE BARREL", will not live to see the aftermath.

Emmisaries from Dalai ask for assistance from Sandstone Qhanganate
1d20=5The Qhangan of the Sandstone Qhanganate is deaf to the pleas of Free Cities of Dalai and is content to leave them to fend for themselves. The reasons are uncertain, but it may have something to do with the fact that the Slugmen who founded Dalai, in the very distant past, were from the Old Qhanganate.

Map and Legend

« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 07:44:06 am by Strik3r »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: August 02, 2020, 08:21:39 am »

Year 351

Eightstone suddenly stops moving towards Dalai and retreats south-west, into the desert, where sand crawls up the Goddix and begins repairing its wounds! It has also stopped generating sand, seemingly using what sand it makes to repair itself as well. It really makes you wonder where the sand comes from.

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 76