Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 76

Author Topic: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game  (Read 68291 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #945 on: July 25, 2020, 02:31:15 pm »

They sound like just names, am unsure why they are bolded

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: July 25, 2020, 02:50:13 pm »

Righteous Ocean
Three that are One

Are these roll requests, or just names?

They sound like just names, am unsure why they are bolded
((Ehh, Everyone's got a bit of a different way of handling things

For example, stuff that i normally would bold, i just write out in caps, so thats whats up with random capitalized words in my posts.
Italics SHOULD be for names of things, but most dont bother and i dont mind

Only thing one should be careful with bolding is as always: if its bolded, i might accidentally roll for things people dont want rolled for. :P))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: July 25, 2020, 03:13:14 pm »

((Yep, they are names, I should probably have made that clearer.

By the way, would the inhabitants of the Eastern Continent from which Griffons come from call it the Lefteous Ocean?    ???))
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: July 26, 2020, 05:19:48 am »

Notices and Summary:

TURNS:
(Note: summary later, hopefully.)

WORLD STATE:
The Dwarves of formerly Vanishmountain have continued on their sky-island building.

The Construcion of the Observatory has progressed.

Dorathian Kingdom and Hamsterfolk Shamans have grown into their Weak Territories.

Rolls

Eightstone walks into Dalai
Code: [Select]
1d20=16When sentries reported Eightstone approaching the Free Cities of Dalai from the east, those living on the shores of the sea began migrating southward in droves. Eightstone, as if directed by something, approached the very northern tip of the territories, turning it to sand and then when it reached the shore, turning straight south and marching all the way down along the shoreline.

A frightening theory has sprung up among the idle, that when the Black Sky-Legion originally attacked the Sandstone Qhanganate, somehow, a seed of corruption might have been planted within Eightstone, perhaps it got hit by a Chaos Flame blast from a Chaos Dragon and it has resisted the corruption, until now?

Impact of the meteorite impact
1d20=8The Magi in the University are somehow unable to find the crater caused by the impact or even the fracture, despite the latter supposedly being massive. As such those in the University could only speculate what the effects of such an impact might have been. The records are there, but the thing itself just isn't.

Regardless, it doesn't even matter, because all attempts at figuring out how the impact might have affected the approaching calamity arrive at the same conclusion: The Meteorite impact would not or has not significantly accelerated the continent's fracturing or may have possibly even slowed it down somewhat.
((Not that i could have made it happen right now anyway, the map isn't finished, yet.))

The Expedition to find the altar to Eightstone
1d20=16With the rule of the Black Qhanganate, much of the old Sandstone Qhanganate had been left to ruin or outright destroyed. Finding the altar was not easy, with so much of the old land in ruins, most of the landmarks mentioned on paper, long gone. After piecing together what little information they could, the archaeologists figured out that the altar was built in a city near where once was the border of the First Crusader State, and then the Red Court.

A city long reclaimed by the sands, now nearly buried beneath it, the Lost City. Once a jewel of the Sandstone Qhanganate, destroyed by Hagatai's Black Sky-Legion and left to the sands, now rediscovered. It was a truly depressing sight, a place full of destroyed buildings, from homes to large temples.

Now, after months of arduous digging, they managed to find the old altar, abandoned and forgotten and falling apart, like the rest of the city. Hagatai and his Sky-Legion when they swept through this land, seemingly paid no mind to it.

The prototype Liani Great Bombard
1d20=6During a test fire of the current design of the prototype Great Bombard, it suffered a catastrophic failure. The barrel of the weapon was completely torn up by the amount of powder that had to be loaded to fire the massive cannonball. Nobody was hurt in the accident, but the prototype is beyond repair. In the aftermath, it was figured out that the wall of the barrel was far far too thin to withstand the explosion. However, making the walls of the bombard thicker would substantially increase the weight, requiring the rest of the cannon to be reinforced to compensate, making it even heavier. All this would cumulate in a truly great bombard, that is a nightmare to build, requiring large, powerful creatures or cranes to assemble on-site and a massive, reinforced wagon to transport the parts alone.
And mounting it to any vessel short of a Sky-Ship would be a fool's errand.

The Crystal Egg
1d20=20!With the Crystal Egg already cracking, the hatching of the little creature within cant be far off. It looks like that the Eclipse somehow triggered it to start its development again. And with how close the egg is to hatching already, the world wont need to wait for another eclipse for it to hatch thankfully, as eclipses like the one in the Year 336, only come about once in three hundred and thirty six and a half years, or so.

Irahan, meanwhile is running around utterly clueless as to what's he going to do once the egg actually hatches.

Sha'Ndara attempts to establish trade with Jahtari Sultanate
1d20=10The Jahtari Sultanated is largely willing to trade with anyone and trade anything, but there was a bit of confusion regarding a statement by the Jahtari diplomat asserting that other nations do not establish trade with them, they establish trade with other nations. What the Griffons think it means is that the Jahtari Sultanate wont buy goods resold to them from other nations.

The Jahtari Sultanate is the hub of trade on Dragolia, nations such as the Avarrian Empire that dont trade with the Sultanate, are largely cut off from trade on Dragolia. With the approaching threat of the continent shattering, the Jahtari Sultanate has been recruiting dragons in increasing numbers to aid in hauling goods, continuing and solidifying their trade empire should the continent indeed break apart.

Sha'Ndara attempts to establish magic schools
1d20=4With so many different schools established over such a short timespan, there is a shortage of Griffons to actually run and staff these schools. It takes a certain amount of education to actually be suitable for the job and that goes doubly for magic, as one needs to actually have a knowledge of magic to teach it to others. Most Griffons are simple laborers who wouldn't know magic even if it hit them in the face. The only truly good Griffon magi are the ones that were sent to the University, but even they are nowhere close to Archmagi. For now, for the Griffons looking to learn magic, the University branch in Refugio Guerra remains the best way to do so.

YEAR 342.1
In order to make trade with their new trading partners, the Griffons go more smoothly, the Jahtari Sultanate has expanded southward to establish a trading outpost on the outcropping closest to Hope's Claw.
In the same vein, they have claimed the lands to their northwest, those close to Refugio Guerra, and the two nations are in talks of a joint effort to establish a new way onto South Dragolia from Refugio Guerra.

The Elysian Nomads have continued their travel south, and have come in contact with the northern territories of the Avarrian Empire. It has been discovered by the Avarians that Elysians love eating Dreamites, this has resulted in several instances of break-ins at night by Elysians, looking for the dream-eating arachnid-like creatures. It should be noted that although Dreamites resemble mites, they are much much larger, being roughly the size of large tarantulas, with the size and the brightness of their glowing abdomens corresponding to how well "fed" they are.

Sandpond is getting quite full nowadays, and resources are starting to run scarce, and with the Dorathian Kingdom quickly expanding, they are set to take Sandpond's primary source of food and clean water and deny it to them, as such they have decided to send out a group of settlers to their old but still operating outpost and establish a new village around it, securing it as source of food and water for themselves.

Map and Legend

NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: July 26, 2020, 05:58:28 am »

Year 342.2

Eightstone continues its rampage through the Free Cities. Is Eightstone somehow corrupted by chaos? Is it executing some strange, unknowable plan? Or, more likely, is this simply the logical extreme of its one true goal? After all, Eightstone is the Spreader of Deserts and Goddix of Sand. Then again, that also presents a problem - how will it spread the desert if it has already spread the desert as far as possible? What would it do if it was unable to continue fulfilling its primary purpose? Would it simply settle into its role as Goddix of Sand, or would it desperately continue trying to spread the desert into the ocean and beyond? Would it go so far as to attempt invading another world to spread the desert?

Regardless of the truth, it needs to be stopped before it destroys civilisation. How far along is the creation of a coalition army to defeat it?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 06:00:47 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: July 26, 2020, 06:58:37 am »

Year 342.3: With a recent population boom do to several good harvests the Bleg have expanded their territory towards the edge of the continent to the south west.

Do to the lack of affect the shamans magic has on the purple leaf disease it has continued to spread in the Foxfolk's lands. Roll for how much it spreads.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: July 26, 2020, 09:00:20 pm »

Year 342.4:The Eightstone Altar Expedition sets up camp and begins restoration of the altar. Scholars reach out to the secretive Mirigians. In the aftermath of the restoration of the Sandstone Qhanganate, the Miragians had developed into a quiet monastic sect, eking out a aesthetic existence out in the desert mountains. Somehow, against great odds, the Miragians had done it. They managed to bring back the Sandstone Qhanganate. Ever since their establishment as an insurgent resistance group in the hardship of the Second Crusade, the Miragians have been passing down old and esoteric Sandstone Qhanganate traditions and knowledge. Even then, the expedition requested the knowledge of the components needed for a proper sacrifice to Eightstone; a ritual that has not been performed in centuries. Miragian record keeping has not been perfect either; years of guerrilla warfare tends to have that sort of effect.

In the end, the expedition has to rely on an incomplete ritual; filling in the gaps with pure guesswork. According to the annals of history, the last time a proper ritual was conducted, Eightstone blessed the slugmen with glass. It is hoped, that a proper ritual will at least bring Eightstone back under a semblance of normalcy. In reality, the gesture was bound to be unpredictable. The sacrifice is lit! What happens?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: July 27, 2020, 07:56:41 am »

Notices and Summary:

I have largerly completed the map work for broken Dragolia, and as such, ive rolled up the date for Dragolia's destruction.
however, we'll have to reach it first ;P When will it happen? When it happens.

Oh yeah, note the large icon with a circle around it, that's Eightstone :P The Circle represents its remaining HP.

Also, i've been thinking about something for a while now...
Since we ARE on the forum for Dwarf Fortress, and some of us are modders of this game
Maybe we should take stuff from this game and make a mod for DF out of it, to immortalize this forum game, in a sense.
y'know distill it, expand and refine the ideas and fit 'em into DF.
Thats what i was planning on doing once this game dies.

TURNS:
(Note: to be filled later)

WORLD STATE:
The Dwarves of formerly Vanishmountain have continued on their sky-island building.

The Purple Leaf Disease has spread within unmitigated regions.
Red Leaf Disease has spread.

The Elysian Nomads have continued their journey south.

Rolls

Eightstone continues its rampage through the Free Cities of Dalai
1d20=4With Eightstone's motivations unknown and the Dalaians not wanting to see their nation destroyed, those in the path of Eightstone's destruction formed a ramshackle militia, using whatever weapons, blasting powder and cannons they could acquire to drive Eightstone off. Despite many being lost, this ad-hoc militia managed to divert Eightstone's path southward. Taking inspiration from how Gojira was once defeated by Streamland, the Dalaians set up traps in several towns, laden with blasting powder and detonated them as Eightstone was within and pounded it with cannonfire from the few, small cannons they had.

Another theory has arisen: Perhaps there is a sort of a logic to Eightstone's behavior, maybe it is aware of the Purple Leaf Disease, and it hopes that by creating an "barrier" of desert that the Disease can't spread past, those on the other side of the "barrier" may be spared of the disease. The logic falls apart when one realizes that the disease already is beyond Eightstone's desert. If that truly is its motivation, then it likely intends to surround those outbreaks with a desert.

(Dalai takes little damage, Eightstone takes 2 points of damage.)

The Progress of the coalition army's formation
1d20=5The Progress on forming a coalition army to kill Eightstone is progressing exceptionally slowly, with a large amount of troops deserting and running for the hills upon hearing that they would be facing off against a god.
What remain, are only the most loyal and brave warriors warriors, foolhardy perhaps, although hardly the most skillful or experienced. And all the desertation does nothing to raise the spirits of those that remain.

Purple Leaf Disease's spread in the foxfolk lands
1d20=20!Due to the foxfolk doing very little to combat the disease, it has now reached a major population center within the foxfolk lands. When the foxfolk began to flee from the city, many of them were already infected, causing a chain of infections that rapidly brought the disease far eastward. Much of the land in the disease's outbreak in the foxfolks' territory has become effectively uninhabitable, with the disease so deeply rooted, that venturing there would be suicide.

The sacrifice to Eightstone
1d20=6The guesswork of the expedition didn't pan out, as in nothing happened, absolutely nothing, for the better or the worse. Those on the expedition could not even begin to guess what they did wrong due to the total absence of any result. Maybe this expedition was a total waste of time, they thought, or maybe should they try again? Was any potential success worth tempting fate like that?

Map and Legend

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: July 27, 2020, 08:05:13 am »

Year 343
Svikeðla, the Amethyst skinned dragon, rife with immortality and an unending benign curiosity has vanished. Their small, yet loyal enclave has gone with it, save for but a single lesser drake. The creature fled to the Copper Drake of the east and effusively pled; 'In the night under moon and star without a trace they spirited away! Whence I returned all was for naught, they would not leave me behind in migration! How could this have happened?'
I've lost control of my life.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: July 27, 2020, 08:37:43 am »

Year 343.1

Eightstone continues west, this time coming close to one of the forts surrounding the Qhaganate, which it attempts to move straight through so it can reach the Free Cities again. Eightstone seems completely uninterested in the areas it has already converted to desert, lending credence to the theory that this is simply the next step in spreading its desert.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: July 27, 2020, 09:01:30 am »

Year 343.2- The time and logistics needed to invent a vehicle large enough to transport the Liani Great Bombard is deemed to costly given the current situation with Eightstone's incursions. Dalai cannot afford to split resources to this endeavor, putting plans for any sort of vehicle on the back-burner for now. Instead, it is decided that the Liani bombards be utilized as defensive emplacements to protect the home territory. The first Liani Great Bombard, after many design reiterations and setbacks, is hastily installed on a large battlement in the venerable Fort Ziani, mirroring the deployment history of Liani's ancestral predecessor, the Ziani cannon. Production ramps up significantly as it becomes all hands on deck to deploy more and more of these weapons across the Dalaian lands,     

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: July 27, 2020, 09:33:59 am »

Year 343.5: The purple leaf disease in the unclaimed lands begins to spread rapidly towards the south after coming into contact with a large herd of migratory animals.

With the recent increase in the area of the purple disease infection in the Foxfolk's lands, they have decided to start burning a line separating the uninfected lands from the infected in an attempt to stop the spread.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: July 27, 2020, 09:56:12 am »

(( I have somewhat limited modding experience, so I'd mostly be moral support. But I can agree that tearing DF down and rebuilding it as this universe could be a fun excercise in the future. Perfect World could help you even get the exact landmass which is neat. ))
I've lost control of my life.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: July 27, 2020, 10:05:08 am »

The Phoenix begins breaking the crystal growths. It’s orange beak can be seen poking holes and breaking off small chunks of the ruby shell.

The nomads have discovered something new about the dreamites. When they get big enough, they grow small spheres on their backs. These are dreamite eggs. The parent hides these eggs under leaves in the hopes that they won’t be eaten before they hatch. The hatchlings start off very small, about the size of a fingernail.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: July 27, 2020, 12:58:06 pm »

Year 343.7- For the past years, the Moko chieftan M'Ova has lived a solitary lifestyle in a ramshackle hut by the beach, a strange curiosity to the Foxfolk who held sway in the area. More of a curiosity than anything, visiting foxfolk and the lone Moko share traditions and knowledge with each other. Periodically communing with the untamed spirits of nature, M'Ova continues seeking information about the Keystone. But it is not the spirits who inform M'Ova, but rather one of the foxfolk. Of course, rumors about M'Ova would attract well-traveled adventures or scholars seeking to learn more from the 'wayward Moko'. M'Ova learns form a visiting adventurer that a massive stone head fitting the description of the Keystone had been made placed on display in a museum in the city of Dalai.

The lone Moko sets off towards Dalai, but with zero knowledge of the mainland, the chieftain has to either relay on known trade routes, the generosity of others, or if all else fails, his own two feet. M'Ova sets off towards Dalai, how fares his journey?
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 76