Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 76

Author Topic: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game  (Read 68328 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #900 on: July 21, 2020, 08:23:34 am »

Year 333.4: A large metier falls from the sky one night and slams into the Slugman Duchies lands. Roll for damages done.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 21, 2020, 08:45:37 am »

Year 333.4: Toadmen shamans of Sicis proclaim that the Falling Star is an omen, one that King C'is believes is a sign from heavens for his right to rule all Toadmen! Roll to see how does the star-falling propaganda goes!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 21, 2020, 09:46:30 am »

Year 333.8
"I see now why we must return." The sharp coo of the White Cobra lingers in the morning sunrise. Her slit gaze into the dark stone of the Monolith stirs some inner part of her, whether that be Elysian or Vasilikos. That unnaturally refined surface beckons to her, glowing the dullest of crimson in her reflection, but she cannot reach out for it, not yet.

Nearly fifteen years have passed since Επιστάτα has become an envoy to the Bleg, and she shows it in age. 'Does the great Basileus yet live?' She wondered, emerging from the jewel and gold adorned tents for which the felines had generously offered up to her. That question played upon her mind, knowing full well her emperor's veracity and undeniable will to live. Yet. . . A strong, distant part of her believed perhaps it would be best that for all she had to return to was his bones.

"Epista! Epista! Epista!" Mewling voices knocked the cobra to her senses. Slithering through a bustlimg town center, still her strange form caught the eyes of the average Bleg, but especially so the fearless kittens. At the mere sight of her, she drew a crowd of the little tykes as always, who take it upon themselves to climb her serpentine body and ride, slide, or simply play about her.

It warms the beast's cold blood.

"It is Epistáta. Remember?" She coos, never tired of teaching the ways of her tongue. But to that she puts on a more serious face, "Now, now, but one more slide." She commands, "Today I will have to leave thee children."

"F-For good?" A calico asks.

"For a time." She holds her tongue, unsure of herself, or rather what her return one day could mean. "You know I must go back to my family, whom misses me so dear." When it seems they can bear the loss no more, she finally whispers, "The next time I come back, I want to see all of you grown big and strong, understand?"

A tearful goodbye to the kittens who'd sapped away her ferocity. Επιστάτα continued on, nodding her hooded head to the many folk whom passed her by, greetings and good tidings every one. These lands, she would cherish always.

"O' Lord Tarhar." To the grounds she knelt her head, unbecoming of a Vasilikos. "Long have I grown fat upon the generosity of thy people. It is time now I return home."

"Do as you will, Envoy." The immortal dragon replies, having lost any shred of interest in her or her people near a decade ago. "But I will keep my promise." To which he calls Vektar, a lesser drake of meagre size to act as envoy to the Vasilikos in kind. It is not long then that they are off, a short journey to be sure.

But when they arrive at the smog choked lake, they are met with melodious fan fare. Brass trumpets and Jahtari songstresses herald their arrival across a marbke bricked path to the central isles. All the while in the waters, just behind the veil of fog, lingered the thrice coiled body of the emperor. Then, at last they cane upon the palace of white stone, open and fit for the great serpents. Their the massive head of the spined viper lay.

" Επιστάτα." As he spoke, a gust of putrid wind came about them. "My child, thou must have much to tell me." He added, that mouth of his twisting into a crooked smile, eyeing the small black drake who'd taken upon a frightful visage.

I've lost control of my life.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 21, 2020, 09:47:16 am »

((Nvm got confused with the dates))
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 09:48:50 am by TamerVirus »
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 21, 2020, 11:27:34 am »

Notices and Summary:
Lets hope i didn't mess anything up too badly.

TURNS:

WORLD STATE:
The Dwarves of formerly Vanishmountain have continued on their sky-island building.

Purple Leaf Disease has spread within unmitigated regions. THe Dorathian Kingdom deadland has expanded as a result.
Red Leaf disease has spread.

Construction of the Moon Tower, the White Tower, and Zalalastan's Sky-ship and Skydock have progressed.

Rolls

Brüdine Bloodjarls vs. Alliance of Blood
Code: [Select]
Brüdine Bloodjarls 3d20= 17+18+5
Alliance of Blood 3d20= 3+17+19
Brüdines go to war!
Clawed feet and iron spears atop ancient bones!

They marched onto the elves territory, no warning given, no declaration of war. The many ursine warriors march toward the Red Elves' capital, razing every town and village in their way, sparing not one elf's life that they met. The few of their brothers' blood that was shed only further emboldened the Brüdines' hunger for the red ones' own blood, blood for blood spilled. Even where the Red Elves were great warriors, many of them could do naught against the horde but run like cowards, toward the capital and warn whomever they could of the coming tide... if they escaped the wrath of the Bloodjarls, most didnt.

Brüdines go to war!
Fill the red ones' well with blood their own!

With the Brüdines carving a bloody path through the Red Elves' land, led by the Bloodjarls. Alliance of Blood took every elf that could wield a blade or spear for this was not just a war, but a call for annihilation that all Brüdine warriors heeded. There would be no victor until one of the two warring nations is drained of life. They were sent to face the coming horde in the fields beyond their walled capital city. The young, the old. men, women and children, all were made to face the slaughter, for the Brüdines would not spare even those that did not fight.

The meeting of the two armies was brutal beyond all measure. When the armies clashed, what remained afterward were fields of green turned crimson, covered with blood, the dead and the dying, of many, there was only a half remaining, with their remainders strewn about the crimson fields. Among the dead were both Elves and Brüdines in equal numbers. There were few who left the battle in one piece.

Only once the elves armies eventually shattered did the Brüdine Warriors take the crown jewel of the Alliance of Blood, their great city, with the obscene Well of Blood at its heart, where countless lives have been ended by the Red Elves.

Brüdines go to war!
The words carried by howling winds!

The Alliance of blood was broken, but so were the Brüdines. Few of the ursine warriors were left after the siege of the Red Elves' capital. What little was left of the elves' forces attacked the Brüdines held out in the capital, the elves may have been few, but the Brüdines were fewer. But for as few of them as there were, the Brüdines fought ferociously. The stones of the city were once more coated in fresh blood as almost every Red Elf and Brüdine was slain in the ensuing battle.

But in the end it were the Brüdine that delivered the final blow of this war. Gravely wounded, the warriors of the Brüdines would not be returning, but the Elves had nowhere to return to.
Still, there is no one in this war that did not suffer, much of the Brüdines' own land has become sparsely populated, with a great deal of the population having been drafted into the war.
"Brüdines went to war..."

Griffons attempt to settle the northern part of Hope's Claw
1d20=6
Despite sending settlers to the northern part of the island, it was never actually settled properly, only resulting in an incredibly sparse population of Griffons in the northern half of the island, with according to the ones who actually settled on the land, the other ones just flew off toward Dragolia.
(The northern half of Hope's claw has become a weak territory of the Griffons.)

Griffons attempt to trade with Dragons
1d20=13
The biggest part of succeeding in any diplomacy is communication and learning the Dragons' language has proved exceptionally difficult for the Griffons. It is an ancient, complicated language that has only grown more complicated with time as the dragons' own society has advanced. There were some difficulties and embarrassments for the Griffons as they attempted to negotiate a trade agreement with the Dragons. However they still succeeded in securing one, however, the Dragons made it clear that they could not deliver anything to Hope's Claw themselves, but would welcome the Griffons' trade, if they can do all the hauling themselves.

Griffons attempt to trade with the Bleg
1d20=4With the Bleg however, the Griffons have no success in getting any kind of a trade agreement. The Griffons' clumsy attempts at speaking the language of the Bleg seemed to only irritate them and the Griffons are fairly certain that they accidentally said that the Bleg diplomat's mother licks garden slugs, on at least one occasion.

The great black dragon that lounged on top of the Bleg's great Ziggurat when the scouts visited this place decided to oversee the meeting, personally. Due to the diplomats' (somehow) slightly better understanding of the Dragons' language, they were able to catch a remark by him: "So, the Chimera have returned... Interesting."

Human nations attempt to raise armies
1d20=12The threat of Eightstone is an apparent one to the kings and nobles themselves, but to some  it does not seem that much of a threat, after all, it is unknown WHY Eightstone decided to walk into Streamland the way it did. To others, it seems like a fools' errand: To kill a god. Still, if the call to mobilize is made, all will have to follow... even if it takes a while for everyone to get the message.

Nobles attempt to recruit adventurers and heroes
1d20=15The opinions of adventurers, heroes and mercenaries seems to fall in line with the opinion of the general public, however it seems that the added incentive of gold does seem to make recruiting such individuals slightly easier, if only a little bit.

Duenta attempts to send a tsunami toward Ukalia.
1d20=17The created tidal waves are large and powerful, if the previous one did not completely wash away the harbors of Eudenland, these ones surely will. Some of the great waves even reach as far north as Nordica.
Would they know that it was a god that caused this, a certain undead god would surely have been awoken by cries for vengeance.

With the structure of the staircase between Ukalia and Eudenland already weakened this new series of great waves easily bring it crashing into the ocean.
Many people realize that they suddenly have another need for a portal, just hoping that it wont be a repeat of the previous incident. Maybe its best to just contact the University, with what they've heard, apparently the University is already planning on opening a portal to Eudenland, for the purpose of ease of access to The Grand Puffin, so that they could profit off of the success of the establishment by selling Portal Stones to there.

Dorathine attempts to get Hamsterfolk Shamans to join the Dorathian Kingdom
1d20=18Fearing both the disease and the Dorathian army, regions close to the current extent of the Disease's spread have begun flying the Dorathian Kingdom's flag willingly. However, the Hamstermen who did decide to join the Dorathian kingdom expect Dorathine to fulfill his promises... else there may be a rebellion in the future.

The Hamsterfolk Shamans however, those who did not join the Dorathian Kingdom have seen through the Dorathine's schemes, now actively hindering the building of any bridges over the great rivers. They have also sent emissaries to other, unaffiliated nations, calling the Dorathians "oppressors" and asking them to send any amount of military aid they can to safeguard their independence.

Many nations agreed to send forces of various sizes to the Hamsterfolk shamans' land. These include: Slugmen from the Slugman Duchies, Magi from the University, Dwarves from the Waterstone and Sandpond clans.
The most... Zealous of these are those from The Golden Kingdom. Apparently the Dorathine received a message from the Emperor of the Golden Kingdom himself stating "An attack on the Hamsterfolk, is an attack on peace. An attack on peace, is an attack on us. We don't take kindly to tyrants." There have been rumors of strange, almost human, beings with talons, tails and wings of birds, transporting entire crates of Light Crystals to the Hamsterfolk Shamans' land and among the Golden Kingdom's ranks.

Theyrn Elros attempts to discover information about the Chaos Rift
1d20=4The destruction of Ukalia's staircase didn't really affect Theyrn, he had no intention of walking there anyway, as he could simply move about by chaos portals.

However, once he started asking questions about the wizards in Ukalia and a few too many of Theyrn's red portals tipped the Ukalian High-Elves off that something was off about the guy and Theyrn was chased out of Ukalia, as in had to retreat by portal. If there ever was anyone left that knew anything of the Chaos Rift incident, Theyrn didn't find them and left with empty hands.

Foxfolk adventurers try to kill the Skinners' Leader
Foxfolk 1d20=9
Skinners' Leader 1d20=19
The enigmatic leader of the Skinners, a well dressed man whose name isnt even known because he tells everyone a different one, isn't just incredibly charismatic and utterly heartless but also a brutal, deadly fighter with his sharp, thin sword. Almost psychic at times as he was able to seemingly see attacks before they happened and move to dodge or parry well ahead of time, relatively speaking. The Foxfolk faced him alone with a hundred men and women, blades, arrows and spirit magic, all of it. The surviving Foxfolk ran as fast as they could, without looking back, only praying to whatever god they thought would listen that the "Demon in human skin" would not follow them to their home. He did not even view the attack as one, just a bit of a entertainment to improve his mood after being chased out of Streamland by some oafs... And his entertainment consisted of torturing the Foxfolk, none of them died quickly or painlessly, many were still in their death throes when the attack was over. The smart foxes ran the moment he caught the first arrow out of the air and drove it deep into one of the warriors' eye. The foolhardy ones, those that were allowed to run away, did so with their tails between their legs... often times without a tail, in fact most of the survivors ended up losing something in the fight: Eyes, ears, arms and... other things, an unlucky one even had his entire jaw torn off. And not all deaths did happen by his hand...

The only thing that the Skinners' leader lost, was his fancy coat, which took a stray sword swipe, putting a hole through it. If he didn't have a name before to his enemies, he would surely be granted one now by them.

M’Ova encounters the Kani-Collou
1d20=7Encountering the Kani-Collou on the Keystone Island was not a good thing for M'Ova as he was chased around by the agitated crabmen with pincers, while he received few scrapes, he had ran far enough to run out of land with the Kani-Collou right behind him, he spotted a single large plank on the beach, probably had drifted there a long time ago, dragged it into water and held onto it and paddled toward a destination unknown.

A few weeks later, he arrives on the southern coast of somewhere, onto a beach, freaking out a bunch of foxfolk in the process.

A meteorite lands in the Slugman Duchies lands.
1d20=20!
The meteorite that hit the Slugman Duchies was a massive thing. Almost every glass window in the Slugman Duchies half of the Western Continent was shattered as the thing came screaming down from the skies with a blinding red plume following in its wake. It landed in the Slugman Duchies land just north of the Lake Scar University, and that territory can effectively be considered to no longer exist as while the initial impact didnt destroy the place, the resulting earthquakes did.

It left an impressive crater in its wake, surely something for the Lake Scar University to study. The meteorite itself survived the impact... partially. The crater will probably become a lake, in time.

King C'is attempts propaganda
1d20=7While the Toadmen do believe that the falling star was an omen, they do not believe that the event signifies King C'is right to rule over all Toadmen, but rather a sign of something much more dark.

Map and Legend

NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 21, 2020, 12:01:14 pm »

Brudines v. Red Elves.

(( That was rad. :)  ))

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 21, 2020, 12:54:22 pm »

Year 334

After that failed attempt, Ndara organizes the second attempt of settling the Northern territories. Meanwhile, she sends scouts to the Batpeople's Magocracy, so that they may teach Griffons how to use magic. In exchange, the Griffons will teach the Batpeople about physical combat techniques never seen before in Dragolia.

Lastly, the priestesses try to build another shrine in honor of Nara.
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 21, 2020, 01:29:22 pm »

Year 334:

Seeing his people swayed away by wrong interpretations of the star-fall, King C'is begins an assault against the clergy, to break their power and install his subordinates as the new shamans and diviners of Sicis!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 21, 2020, 02:05:47 pm »

YEAR 334.1- Slugmen Refugees fleeing from the devastation wrought by the wayward meteor head north. A few settle in the main Ducal lands, but most form up and create villages in the formally unclaimed territory south of the Slugman Duchies. The settled area eventually connects to the separate duchy enclave further south, creating a fully connected Slugaman Duchy territory
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 21, 2020, 02:34:18 pm »

Year 334.3
As the few, scattered and remaining Brudines pick up the pieces of the furious campaign of the Bloodjarls, the land lays silent. This taiga, this forest, old and primordial in nature, having sprung up in the very second year of this world, more than three centuries ago, for the first time it lay quiet.

The Silent Year, it was known by the Brudine, whom both revelled in their pyhrric victory, mourned the honored dead, and looked within; was all this violence in retribution worth it? To the bear folk, whom first discarded their arms and were insulted in peace, perhaps it was. This grudge was too great. . . Ironic that they were borne of the the union of Hrvalda and her mount, Brün.

During this time, during the Silent Year, no great clouds of miasma waft across the lands, nor buzzards or parasites, it seemed the ancient wood took in the dead of the conflict. As if they returned from whence they came. The Well of Blood, the Burdine legion, the innumerable Red Elves, all of them consumed by the land. The taiga itself now took upon a crimson / orange hue, the trees grew tall, and their bark gnarled, yet strong. Only time would tell what this change would mean for the land, but for certain it had weakened the elven god of the hunt, with neither land, nor worshipers save the Lökhunds, it seemed the remnants of the Northen Pantheon were all but extinguished.

During this time, the Brudine converged, having located the remains if the first Konungr‎, Hvíturøld and dedicated their time to creating a great barrow at the heart of their land to be admired for all time. It is then, that the White Wyrm, Ljösofar set their eye upon them.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 02:36:32 pm by Unraveller »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 21, 2020, 02:34:40 pm »

Ignore this, damn mobile posting.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 02:36:14 pm by Unraveller »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 22, 2020, 07:43:01 am »

Year 334.5: People who when to investigate the meteor impact site noticed a strange ooze coming out of the meteor since the site was still potentially unstable from the impact no one dared approach the strange substance so they had to observe from a far, and after several days of observation they found the substance was slowly moving around the crater seeming to be attacked to any little piece of organic matter which it would then roll over the top of and absorb it, and while this was all fascinating and unusual the observers hadn't yet noticed that every time it absorbed something it grew and that it was getting closer to their encampment. Roll to see what happens when the ooze finally gets to their camp and tried to absorb them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 22, 2020, 08:24:34 am »

Notices and Summary:
Brudines v. Red Elves.

(( That was rad. :)  ))
Im really glad that you liked it :) i was afraid you wouldn't but im happy to be wrong.

TURNS:
(Kakaluncha, Year 334)
Griffons attempt to settle the northern half of Hope's Claw, with the exact same results as last time.

Griffons tried to get batpeople to teach them magic. They happily agree.

Griffons try to teach physical combat to Batpeople. The Batpeople it turns out, REALLY dont like physical combat.

Griffons try to build a shrine to Nara. This time with better oversight, they were more successful than expected.

(Haspen, Year 334)
C'is attempts to replace the Clergy of Sicis for interpreting the signs of the starfall correctly. Gets brutally executed for his attempts.

(TamerVirus, YEAR 334.1)
Slugmen Refugees fleeing from the devastation wrought by the wayward meteor head north. Most settle in the unclaimed territory south of the Slugman Duchies, creating a fully connected Slugaman Duchy territory.

(Unraveller, Year 334.3)
The northern lands of Dragolia grow silent.

Brüdines construct the "Kings' Barrow", a great barrow of epic size.

(King Zultan, Year 334.5)
A life consuming ooze emerges from the crashed meteorite and tries to absorb a nearby camp of researchers.
Turns out to be weak to magic and gets annihilated.

(Strik3r, Year 335)
In an effort to benefit off of the success of The Grand Puffin, the Magi of the University have opened a portal near it, so that they can sell Portal Stones with the establishment as a destination.
Due to Ukalia's crisis, the Magi have decided to undertake the difficult process of opening a remote portal to Ukalia's capital city.

Elysians living in the Waterstone Clan's lands are slowly integrating into the dwarves culture.
There are rumors however of Elysians growing restless within the Great Scar University's walls and the Elysian Gardens beyond.

The Northern lands of Dragolia become known as "The Silent Land"

WORLD STATE:
The Dwarves of formerly Vanishmountain have continued on their sky-island building.

Hamsterfolk Shamans have grown into their Weak Territories.

Dorathine Kingdom has grown into its weak territory.

Rolls

Griffons attempt to settle the northern half of Hope's Claw, again
1d20=6The second time around, the results do not change. Again many settlers seem to leave without a trace, taking the food and leaving the building materials where they lay. They fly upwards, looking for the old flag, with their eagle eyes, following the trail laid out for those that seek it. They may have settled somewhere, just not where Ndara wants them to.

Griffons try to get batpeople to teach them magic
1d20=19It seems that the language of the batpeople is quite simple, easily learnable by Griffon. the Druids of the Batpeople are eager to teach magic to anyone willing to learn, although most of their magic consists of earth magic, useful and versatile, but nothing special in the world of magic. And almost all their spells are cast by singing and music, it remains to be seen how Griffons will take to this form of magic, considering how much better hearing the Batpeople have.

Griffons try to teach physical combat to Batpeople
1d20=1!The Batpeople consider the Griffons' attempts to teach them physical combat techniques an insult. As if one could teach combat techniques meant for a quadrupedal race to a bipedal one. Not to mention, the batpeople are highly proud of their magical prowess and largely peaceful lifestyle. Never has a conflict been fought by the Batpeople, all their differences have been settled with word or song alone.

Griffons try to build a shrine to Nara, again.
1d20=20!This time with the Priestesses watching and keeping a close eye on the construction of the shrine, to make sure nobody runs off and everyone keeps working despite the difficulties in building for the Griffons, the shrine got built and with the stern eye of the Priestesses watching them, it ended up being much larger than expected as no one knew when to stop and the Priestesses didn't stop them either.

Quite a grand thing, that shrine.

C'is attempts to replace the Clergy of Sicis
1d20=1!
"The signs spoke truth!", they clergyman exclaimed. "The Great Tyranny of C'is arrived, just as they predicted!".

Whether there truly was a sign or not, does not matter. They had told all of these supposed signs, so King C'is' attempts to turn the people against the clergy backfired on him spectacularly as an angry mob stormed his home and dragged him to the center of town, where he was executed by the mob, skewered on a sharp wooden pole, vent-side first.

Toadmen are brutal...

Brüdines attempt to build a great barrow.
1d20=20!
Unending was the Brüdines' sorrow for those lost in the war, in their quest for retribution and justice. So many proud warriors died in it, all of whom deserve to be remembered in the eyes of Brüdine who yet live.

Even if every warrior's body could not be brought to be interred in the great barrow, they could at least be interred in spirit. All those of the Brüdines that are left in the wake of the war, the old and the young all gathered to help in making the Barrow. It wasn't just a barrow for the Konungr‎, but a massive, subterranean labyrinth with statues of Brüdine warriors decorating every hall and room and names of those remembered, carved deep into the walls.

It was not a great dungeon bearing endless wealth, filled with traps and monsters, but a place of emptiness and great sorrow. With the Konungr‎'s body at the very bottom. The place would come to be known as "Kings' Barrow" to most, but the Brüdines surely had a more elegant name for it. Now it sat there, still and unmoving, just like rest of the land had become, but still tended to by Brüdine that lived around it.

Ooze tries to absorb a camp of researchers
1d20=1!
By the time the rolling ball of ooze reached the encampment, it had grown quite substantially in size, big enough to absorb a human. When the ooze and its increased size was finally noticed by the Magi in the camp, it was immediately realized that if the thing keeps growing, who knows how big it could get, and they realized how it grew, when it rolled over a piece of vegetation and absorbed it.

Without hesitation, those within the camp capable of wielding magic began pelting the ooze with spells and it was the luck of the Magi that the alien ooze was apparently incredibly vulnerable to this world's magics, specifically Arcane and Chaos magic. There were few Chaos Magi in the camp but the few that were, were plenty enough to whittle the ooze away with Entropy Beam, leaving nothing of it remaining, and they made sure that there was nothing left. Then Entropy Beamed the meteorite for good measure, just to make sure.

YEAR 335
In an effort to benefit off of the success of The Grand Puffin, the Magi of the University have opened a portal near it, so that they can sell Portal Stones with the establishment as a destination. In many ways the city where The Grand Puffin is located has become Eudenland's capital city, due to the success of The Grand Puffin. This move is mutually beneficial as it drives more business to The Grand Puffin, people who couldn't otherwise visit the place.

Due to Ukalia's crisis, the Magi have decided to undertake the difficult process of opening a remote portal to Ukalia's capital city. Portalstones between Eudenland and Ukalia are sold at a cheap price, to facilitate travel between the two nations. While there are growing concerns of someone malicious potentially marching an army through one of these portals, the Magi have assured that such a thing is impossible due to the nature of the portals.

While there are no Elysian explorers to these destinations yet, it is inevitable that they will find their way to these new destinations, too. Only time will tell how the people of the two nations will react upon seeing these creatures.

On that front, in the lands of the Waterstone Clan, where Elysians have become a familiar but uncommon sight, There have been first signs of them integrating with another people, at least one seems to be present on any expedition into the caverns, and the dwarves have apparently somehow succeeded in teaching them at least a basic understanding of the dwarven language. Perhaps, it is because of the Dwarves' stubbornness and refusal to give up. And let it be known that an Elysian speaking Dwarvish sounds absolutely hilarious and adorable. The Dwarves have also left an impression upon personalities of the Elysians that live there, for all intents and purposes an Elysian living in the Waterstone Clan can be expected to act like a Dwarf would but filtered through the Elysians' innocent and energetic nature. Aside from their presence on cavern expeditions, most Elysians in the Waterstone Clan, if they do anything, tend to do either simple or service jobs, cleaning, serving in the tavern, things like that... Some have a problem with this, but perhaps it is just the nature of things.

Elysians do not seem to find the Lake Scar University all that interesting, most Elysians that go there end up exploring the surrounding wilds, using the University itself as little more than a safe place to sleep and get food from. There are rumors however of Elysians growing restless within the Great Scar University's walls and the Elysian Gardens beyond.

In the wake of the Brüdines' bloody war, the land in the north was left changed, trees turned orange and red, their bark grew hard and twisted. All animals that once called these lands their home have left this place, A place where fruit rots on the trees and wildflowers wilt before one's very eyes. A place where nothing lives, always dying but never quite reaching that final threshold, a place forever in its sunset years, an eternal autumn.

There are many names that could be given this place, but only one is truly appropriate: "The Silent Land", for only the wind howls here.

Map and Legend

NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 22, 2020, 10:38:22 am »

Year 336

"Once more settlers flee from their designated area. They are uninterested in the Northern Territories." Says Fimira, looking at the map.

"And our relationship with the Batpeople slightly soured after our attempt at teaching them to fight. It's understandable, but quite bad for our reputation." Says the High Priestess.

Ndara observes the map as well, her eyes narrow, a million thoughts on her mind.

"Their earth magic is apparently their type of magic is nothing out of this world. It follows complex patterns of singing and generating music..." Insists the High Priestess.

"Then let's develop our own style. I want all Griffons adepts in Earth magic to try and adapt the necessary steps from singing to dancing. Griffonian battle dances are ancient. If we could mix them with Earth magic..."

"We could have ground troops and aerial! Well thought, Grand Matriarch!" Says Fimira.

"Next, it's of the upmost importance to reorganize the settlers. I want scout parties sent to the settlers, and have them resettle in the Northern Territories. Inform them that they will be blessed as true Warriors in the shrine of Nara if they agree to come back."

"Understood, Grand Matriarch." Says the High Priestess.

"Lastly, we should resell some of the goods we recieve from the dragons to the Batpeople, and viceversa. Both races have likely never interacted with each other, and some of their products will be brand new. As the old Mistress of the Coin, I used this strategy several times with conquered races, and it's effective."

Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 22, 2020, 11:18:23 am »

Year 336.1
“The demon in human skin, Torturer, Butcherer, has experience fighting. He seems to know when an attack is coming. It is clear melee combat is dangerous. We’ll need to improve our magic, and our archery for our next attack.”-A Foxfolk adventurer

The Foxfolk train archery and magic using. Roll for how well this goes.

Some Foxfolk pray to Duenta and Foreus to do something to help them fight the Butcherer
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 76