Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 76

Author Topic: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game  (Read 68306 times)

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #495 on: June 20, 2020, 03:24:24 pm »

Year 272
The comatose victims of the Purple Leaf disease begin to show more lifelike behaviors such as twitching or making noises with their mouthes. Thairmar decides to ignore this for the time being and focus on finding a cure. Roll for if they make any progress

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 20, 2020, 03:32:01 pm »

Year 272
The comatose victims of the Purple Leaf disease begin to show more lifelike behaviors such as twitching or making noises with their mouthes. Thairmar decides to ignore this for the time being and focus on finding a cure. Roll for if they make any progress
for whose progress? The purple leaves’s progress of getting their hosts to start moving again? Or the Thairmar cure efforts progress?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 20, 2020, 04:07:22 pm »

Year 272
for whose progress? The purple leaves’s progress of getting their hosts to start moving again? Or the Thairmar cure efforts progress?
((Thaimar's cure efforts progress, at least i think so. So unless Chaoskl edits the post to specify otherwise, that's what it will be.))
YEAR 272.1

A number of young Avarrians that hatched in the Avarian Empire's very northern reaches of their recently claimed territories have grown very distinct and strikingly vibrant deep blue or cyan plumage with complex, dark blue patterns instead of coloring more typical to avarrians, thier feathers are not unlike the blue plants that are quite common in those regions. There are no other apparent differences to other Avarrians beyond the abnormal feather colors.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 20, 2020, 05:42:09 pm »

(Yes the cure progress)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 20, 2020, 06:12:04 pm »

Year 272,2
While researching the purple leaf disease, one of the researchers comes across one of the purple vines connecting two hosts together, the researcher notices what looks to be flower buds on the vine. When he attempted to take the bud off of the vine, his touch caused the bud to open, releasing purple spores into the wind
Roll to figure out if the researcher inhales some spores
Roll for how common this bud mutation becomes
Roll for how strong the wind is, and for which direction it is blowing, thus what direction and how far this bud’s spread is

((The reason why the wind roll and commonality roll might be different is thst maybe this is the first bud the researcher noticed, not necessarily the first bud spawned, there might be other buds on other vines the researcher missed, or he might have found the first one, this depends on the commonality roll, whether or not this was the first, the wind roll would still apply, that’s why they are separate rolls))

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 21, 2020, 06:53:26 am »

Notices

Rolls

The Diving Gear Project:
Code: [Select]
1d20=1!
The Researchers' attempts to produce usable underwater gear is an absolute disaster. Almost every material they tried for the suit was either too stiff, too porous or simply broke apart in the water and attempts to make a watertight seal between any two things on the gear through mundane means was a fool's errand, it was impossible to do. Attempts to miniaturize the force field that the Gondola uses to keep water out ended in several researchers dying in reckless experiemnts, seemingly the barrier became much weaker when applied to smaller surfaces, no where near strong enough to survive the crushing pressure of the deep seas, and even where it does hold, it can be used at most for a few minutes before the air within the forcefield runs out. Even just someone exiting the Gondola is an enormous risk to it, as IT'S barrier has to be disabled long enough for someone to slip out.

All in all, the Project to produce diving gear amounted to nothing but a waste of University resources. Still, some things were learned from the project if nothing else.

Lokhunds raid the Goblins:
Advantage: Lokhund raiders
+1 Superior numbers

Lokhunds 1d20=16+1=17
Goblins 1d20=3

The Lokhunds and their friends hit the Goblins from the North like a tidal wave, the only warning of their approach, was the massive fleet of longships on the horizon. The moment the gobs saw the extent of the Lokhunds' fleet, they knew they had no chance. Many goblins, cowardly like they are, ran straight for the hills. The few who tried to fight back, their "forces" were promptly CRUSHED. Any Goblins who fought were killed, and those who didn't? They were captured and enslaved, or worse.

The Lokhunds rampaged through the goblins' lands, slaughtering goblins and looting their ramshackle villages to their hearts' content, taking whatever or whomever they wanted.

The goblins who ran, scattered to the seven winds, and ended up in all kinds of places:
Some ended up in lands of the Chaos Coalition, where they were ripped apart by mutated wildlife, some even headed to the Firbolgs' lands, but most went to the orks, whom begrudgingly allowed them in. Thus, the two that started from one have become one, yet again. The united tribes of Orks and Goblins are known as the "Greenskin Tribes". ((If you have a better name, tell me))

The goblins in the orc tribes are treated like everyone else: like utter crap, but at least its better than being sold off by Lokhunds. Still, the goblins quickly filled a niche with their superior cunning to their ork brethren.

Thaimar's cure efforts progress
1d20=8The researchers' attempts to cure the Purple Leaf disease do not bear much fruit. It was difficult for them to determine whether anything they tried had any effect in reversing the spread of the leaves or not, due to HOW fast they spread. Another problem was consistency, some times, some things did seem to cause the leaves to wither, die and fall off, other times they did not.

However, they did discover that concious activity DOES play a role in the leaves' spread and incapacatating a host of the purple leaf disease slows or in some cases even halts, the spread over a host's body.

Purple leaves' vines' buds
in order:
Roll to figure out if the researcher inhales some spores[low=No<->high=Yes]
Roll for how common this bud mutation is[low=low<->high=high]
Roll for how strong the wind is[low=weak<->high=strong]
Roll for which direction the wind is blowing[low=uninhabited/sea<->high=toward civilization]

4d20=1!+18+13+3

As soon as the purple bud opens, the researcher almost instinctively covers his nose and his mouth with one hand, and invokes a fireball in his other, throwing it at the the bud. The fire spread quickly, burning many of the newly formed buds, further down that vine, the vine itself and any hosts connected to it. The wind was fair that that day, but what was on the wind that day, weren't spores and pollen, but smoke, ashes and embers, blowing toward the northern sea.

Summary
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map and Legend Updated (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 06:58:57 am by Strik3r »
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 21, 2020, 08:18:51 am »

Year 272.8: The purple leaf disease in its unending attempts to spread mutates again this time becoming able to spread to animals infecting a local herd livestock. Roll to see how well it spreads amongst the herd, and how well it spreads to other animals.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 21, 2020, 08:46:15 am »

Year 273
The Freeman Goblins of Refugio Guerra are fighting and arguing for an Intervention against the Lokhunds.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 21, 2020, 09:52:22 am »

Year 273.1
One of the hosts of the purple leaves wakes up fully and stops the twitching he was doing
start moving to spread, you know mora about the moving then I do Uh, what? We need to spread, don’t try removing us, it’ll kill you too, Removing what? None of us are in your eyes, why is it dark?
The host opens his eyes and sees himself covered by purple leaves, surrounded by other people also covered in purple leaves, some still, some twitching, some looking around confused
Oh, how long have I been stuck here? We’re what you’d call plants, we don’t keep track of time like you. Makes sense. You didn’t hurt me did you? Do you feel pain? Well no, not much of anything. I want to move again, I’ve been still for too long. Yes, we need to move, that’s how we can find more to grow in. We hare the brain, otherwise I wouldn’t be able to think. Well we do share a body now, give me control of it and we can move. Right, you can have the legs. I thought I died. No, if you were dead I couldn’t continue growing. It’s been a while since I walked...
Roll for how well the host is able to walk
Roll for whether the host infects others with the purple leaves

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 21, 2020, 10:30:01 am »

((I haven't been posting recently because of, well... lack of ideas. I'm starting to feel like I'm running a nation here [Sandpond Clan], which isn't fun at all. And I doubt anyone else would want me doing anything with anything not Sandpond Clan... muttering))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 21, 2020, 10:33:15 am »

((I haven't been posting recently because of, well... lack of ideas. I'm starting to feel like I'm running a nation here [Sandpond Clan], which isn't fun at all. And I doubt anyone else would want me doing anything with anything not Sandpond Clan... muttering))
everything in the world can be messed with, that’s one of the rules in the original post, that there’s no reason to get attached because everything is subject to change
Edit: found the rule
Quote from: the rule’s exact words
*Don't get too attached, everyone can change everything!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 10:34:49 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 21, 2020, 10:45:14 am »

((Quite the opposite! one of the rules in the OP/Encyclopedia is "Don't get too attached, everyone can change everything" let me rephrase that as "Anyone can change anything, don't ever be afraid to do things with things created by other players".

Hell, i created The Great Ruby precisely so that people would pass it around between nations, to see where it would end up and how... but nobody's even touched it yet :(

Plus, i encourage players to not focus on 1 thing too much, but ofcourse, everyone plays differently.

EDIT: Ninja'd

ALSO, the ENCYCLOPEDIA has been UPDATED, with information on domains.
))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 10:47:27 am by Strik3r »

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 21, 2020, 12:15:38 pm »

Year 273.5
In a crypt on the island the Løkhunds came from, blood spilled on far away battlefields begin to trickle down from the walls as a presence begins to stir, old as the løkhunds themselves. With every drop of blood spilled, Jøtok Vinterjåk grows ever closer to reawakening.
Down south, the Løkhunds are Empowered by their ancestral deity’s awakening, pushing them even deeper into a bloodthirst, and filling them with strength to match.  They row ever southward towards Ukalia, intending to raid the High Elven coastal cities. Ragnaruff continues.
Roll to see how the Raid Goes

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 21, 2020, 12:28:35 pm »

Year 273.6
Serlor Vivret, a crafter, came to where the Great Ruby is, and tries to smooth out the rough parts of the egg. While he works, he thinks he hears a humming, though he can;t figure out where the humming is from
Roll for how well he smoothens the ruby egg

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 21, 2020, 12:56:16 pm »

((while mostly people have been working with their own creations there has been many Situation where this wasnt the Case. So unless you Change the Nature of the creations entirely i think IT IS in the Spirit of the Game to Just do what you feel Like.))
Year 273.6
The Batpeople have begun building huge Rocks at their place of worship. They are shaped in a way that when Wind strikes them they Release different Tones. While most Batpeople still live AS nomads, a circle of druids has formed to Help with Problems between families and to uphold the law of "the Drummer".
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 76