Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 76

Author Topic: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game  (Read 68167 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #240 on: May 24, 2020, 07:03:16 am »

Year 161: The cat like humanoids have started calling themselves The Bleg, and they have started using hieroglyphics to record their history.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 24, 2020, 07:13:10 am »

Year 162
The monolith that the Bleg worship has begun to glow blood red. Some of the ground near it also turns blood red.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 24, 2020, 08:10:51 pm »

Lokhund Adventurers vs. HCE
Code: [Select]
Lokhund: 1d20=17
HCE: 1d20=12
The Lokhunds manage to defeat armies of scouts and border guards, using the cover of night to sneak into the HCE. They bring back riches and stories of incredibly fertile land to their families.

Aetherial Corruption
1d20=7The Aetherials manage to gain some more hints and some accomplices within each of the armies. They do not however, manage to fully sway an army to their will

Aetherials Deception of Namek
1d20=3Namek is strong of will, and not easily misled by the lies of the Aetherials

Namek vs. Aetherials
1d20=20!
1d20=16
After their attempts at deception, Namek is quick to unleash his fury. The Aetherials resist fiercely, but are ultimately driven back to their little rift, unable to gain land far from it.

2nd Sharkmen Raiding Season
1d20=9Again, the raids prove a mixed success. Mainy humans find their deaths at the teeth of these sharkmen raiders. Many sharkmen find a gruesome death in the nets of the humans.

Spoiler: Map Update (click to show/hide)

((OOC: Did you forget to expand the Foxfolk borders as per the action, or is there something I missed?))
I think you missed something!

Pre-Expansion

Post-Expansion

It's not as much as I thought it was now that I look at it when it's zoomed out (I work at like 1000% zoomed in), but they expanded north that turn!

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 25, 2020, 04:48:30 am »

The geology of dragolia is strange, and unstable, being seemingly extremely prone to large scale natural disasters. Maybe it has something to do with the continent floating?
YEAR 163
A massive subterranean fracture has ocurred along a line stretching from the west coast all the way to the territories of the Brudine Bloodjarls in the north.

The fracture caused a number of large earthquakes that cause damage in Brudine Bloodjarls' territory and the fracture has penetrated all the way to the surface in some places, most notably in the south, where it caused a river to be extended all the way to the western super-lake and even split off a large chunk of land bordering the lake on the eastern side, which floated into the air and some ways west before coming to a halt and staying above the inland sea. The island suffered some damage in the process, splitting near the north tip and shedding some of its weaker outcroppings.

(OOC: i colored the outside of the island in a darker blue to indicate that is infact floating, to imply a shadow.)
The now floating islands would come to be collectively known as 'Elysium', owing to its nature as a floating island paradise rainforest. (highlighted in green)

On the Aetherial front:
Ever since their crushing defeat at the Qhaganate, they have been looking for ways to further bolster their armies by the way of units from other races.
Aetherials have also begun work on an Agglomate Titan. It will take many years to complete.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 25, 2020, 05:27:40 am »

Year 164: The glow from The Monolith has finally subsided after a massive celebration involving sacrificing all kinds of creatures and expanding their territory, and even after its all over the ground around The Monolith is still blood red.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #245 on: May 25, 2020, 06:53:48 am »

Year 165

After a few years of intrigue, secret all out battles in the deserts of the Sandstone Qhaganate, and Namek assembling his own group of heroes- he and the sizable group he collected finally curtail the Vahocci Cult's influence in the Qhaganate region, even from the Crusader State when Namek presented full damning evidence of the Cult having explicit ties to some parts of the High Command to the regional Governor, Archibald III. Having no tolerance of this heresy, Archibald had every last bit of shadow puppetry the Vahocci Cult enacted with heavy crackdowns.

Not only did Archibald personally loathe the Vahocci Cult unlike some of his peers who secretly venerated it, he knew that if word got out that the Vahocci Cult was responsible for organizing the push for the Crusade in the first place- the entirety of the Slugmen Duchies and HCE's legitimacy would plummet!

With Namek, by the time he actually got to where he last buried the Scroll however it was gone. Namek would blame himself incessantly over the mishap- he was so concentrated on fighting that he had forgotten to actually secure the Scroll!

Who could possibly have the Godkiller Scroll now?

Spoiler: Velodryn Kaas (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile the High Elves continue to expand. To ensure this is successful an elite heavy battle-mage regiment is trained up and is called "Simmering Enfirers", named as such due to the regimental unit specializing in fire-magic.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 10:26:21 pm by Lidku »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 25, 2020, 12:58:07 pm »

YEAR 157 - 165.1

A group of human explorers set out from the Kingdom of Streamland in the year 157 with the intent to explore the uncharted northern regions of the continent.
They traveled through the Sandstone Qhaganate, the newly formed 1st Crusader State, The Dorathian Kingdom, the lands belonging to the hamsterfolk shamans, the Slugman duchies and the HCE, before heading further north. They mapped out the northern shoreline, until they hit water on the east then began heading south. Soon enough, the sky began turning red and constant, distant sounds of thunder could be heard and even some flashes of lightning, but this wasn't normal lightning, it was completely blood red. In the year 165 they had reached the Aetherials' domain and unknowingly walked right into it.

it didn't take long for the explorers to fall sick one by one. And as the night fell, they were set upon by beasts, but these were not normal animals... they were changed. Some without any skin, some with too many limbs, some with many heads, some with spikes of bone protruding through the flesh, and all of them incredibly aggressive. The explorers stood no chance and they were too weak to run, except for one.
By some stroke of unimaginable luck, one of them managed to avoid the worst of it. He dropped everything he had and ran westward. With another stroke of luck and the monsters distracted, he got away and out of the twisted chaos lands. But he did not escape unscathed, the taint of Chaos had buried itself deep within him and the memories of the monsters tearing apart his friends haunted his dreams.

Thus, he kept walking back west, with the Chaos eating away at his mind and body every day. His hair began to glow red as did the scars that appeared on his body and his eyes began to glow bright white. But his body was stronger than ever before... Somehow, the light brush with chaos he had, had powered up his body significantly, made him not need any food or water and even gave him a degree of control over chaos energy. He had become the first Chaos Mage, Half human and half Aetherial.
Spoiler: And 100% Low-Poly (click to show/hide)
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 25, 2020, 01:54:44 pm »

@Strik3r
What are you talking about? Your render is wonderful

Year 165,2
Velma, one of the moss trolls, wishes to find possible trade partners among Vahucci’s followers, since she knows that there are things that her island does not have. She builds a ship and sails out, hoping to find someone willing to trade with the forest island she calls home. Roll for success of the bolded action
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 11:05:58 am by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 26, 2020, 07:59:22 am »

Year 166: The Bleg continue to expand the area they control clearing areas for more farmland and houses, they also start building a wall around the main and The Monolith to protect it from potential attackers.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 26, 2020, 09:39:16 am »

Year 166.2: A number of peasants, artisans, and settlers from the Sandstone Qhanganate form a caravan and travel due north. Fearing the Crusader State on their doorstep, this caravan establishes a small fishing, agricultural, and trading community on the three small peninsulas north of the grand desert of Eightstone.

Dalai, as the small city state becomes known as, finds itself as a nominally independent client state to the Qhangan empire; opening up nautical trade and an export market for the increasingly skilled glassweavers of the Qhangan empire will enjoying it's protection.   
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 26, 2020, 10:48:57 am »

Year 166.3: The captain of the ghost ship (his name is Skullbeard) attempts to find a way to communicate with The Stranger in order to gain magic powers. Whether by some sort of artifact or seeking out a prophet/high priest, he will try his best. Roll for the quest for occult knowledge's success.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 26, 2020, 02:39:17 pm »

(OOC: You know what this world lacks? a good old fashioned bunch of lizardmen. Also, i know, i know... i've made three actions between updates and two of them change the map too.)

YEAR 167
The rituals of the Bleg sacrificing creatures to The Monolith caused a powerful wave of magical energy to be emitted from it at the peak of the ritual and it has caused some strange effects close and far from The Monolith. In the overgrown forested and swampy areas near a lake far to the north of The Monolith(the red dot on the map provided), a species of large lizards inhabiting the area there have been transformed by the energy wave.

The transformed lizards have even greater size and now stand upright, a bit heavier and taller than humans, but have relatively slender bodies. They get even more height from their now digitigrade stance (they walk on their toes, toes that are tipped with with wicked claws) and they have a large, thick tail for balance. Their transformation also gave them hands capable of gripping things and greatly enhanced intelligence, up from "impressive intelligence for lizards". They have banded together and begun living in a primitive hunter-gatherer society, although, it seems that they have retained their instinct for ambush-hunting.
(OOC: There was supposed to be a picture of the lizards here but im lazy)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 02:42:12 pm by Strik3r »

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 26, 2020, 02:58:00 pm »

Year 167.1

A strange tide of energy sweeps across the Slugman Duchies, and for a moment the stars flash red and the sky grey. When it stops, thousands of crystals erupt from the ground, each one a different color.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 26, 2020, 03:26:09 pm »

Year 167.3

A mysterious vibrant pink smog is hovering far above the capital (if there's no capital, then the mightiest settlement - sorry, my first post here) of the Waterstone Clan. The inhabitants are appropriately befuddled.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 26, 2020, 05:42:46 pm »

Earthquakes:
3d20=3+1+18The Western and Central Brudine lands are relatively unaffected, but the Eastern Lands are heavily damaged- settlements falling into the oceans, villages being covered in mudslides. It will take them long to rebuild this.

Velma's Sailing
1d20=20!Velma sails and sails, visiting many far off lands. All races seem charmed by her and her humble ship, and she manages to bring back much from the outside world. She arrives back at her island with bronze figurines from the Waterstone Clan, spice and glass from the Free Cities of Dalai, seeds of many plants and knowledge of agriculture from Streamland, parchment and knowledge of writing from the Kingdom of Zalalastan and even a human slave and some looted gold from a Lokhund warfleet she encountered on the open sea! She is hailed a hero when she comes back, and her newly brought goods form the foundation for an age of innovation on Moss Troll Island.

Skullbeard & the Stranger
1d20=4Skullbeard interprets many signs: faces in the waves, the movements of schools of fish, the mysterious smell on the wind from far, far, south. The Stranger, however, does not speak to him directly.

The Human cartographers have united in the Cartographic Guild, working together to map the world. They have developed Cartographic Runes, which quickly spread around the world to be used as depictions of nations.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 76