Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: A Serious Space Hoedown Of Legendary Events  (Read 3107 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Serious Space Hoedown Of Legendary Events
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2020, 08:11:22 am »

A
Might give us a chance to prove we are useful!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2020, 11:43:13 am »

A

So that we may... I dunno, shoot more tennis balls. I mean, we could do that anyway. But this will let us shoot tennis balls constructively.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2020, 02:31:15 pm »

A
The Grobyc... finally a challenge worth a bit of our caliber!!

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2020, 07:50:09 pm »

D: Find the first opportunity to join the Grobyc to get actual weapons to get revenge on humanity for revoking my second amendment rights to launch grenades at everyone I hate.
it's over

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2020, 10:48:18 pm »

You head towards the back door of S.H.I.P.

Nigel looks very, very confused by you. Good.

He mutters under his breath, "Daggum metal box man, got itself fur balls as if'n it's some sorta cat."

It would be so easy to kill him. It's painful to think about the good old days of wanton slaughter. Complete and total abandon for organic life. Firing munitions. Hell, you'd even settle for the knife-hands right now just to feel something.

But instead you're stuck partnered up with some cowboy staring at a door that opens into The Cold Empty, and for some reason (it's the reprogramming, fucking Diz) you feel obligated to protect this useless fleshbag. Speaking of useless fleshbags, Diz steps out of the helm, interrupting your murder fantasies.

"Well uh, good news and bad news. Good news is I convinced them not to blow us up. Bad news is they think we have sick loot so now they're gonna board us instead."

As if on cue, a loud, low clang resonates through S.H.I.P. as the Grobyc Cube no doubt finished coupling to it.

Nigel looks at the both of you, "I got me no idear what's goin' on yet, but if I gets to shoots, then I gets to shoot!" He checks to make sure his gun is loaded.

Diz hefts his spanner with his middle hand and balls the other two into fists, "Well, here goes nothing."

S.H.I.P. calls out, "Mandatory update has begun. Please do not turn off or restart your A.I."

You raise your tennis ball launcher.

Fuck all of these guys.

The door bursts open and three Grobycs rush onto S.H.I.P.

"OH GOD IT HURTS SO MUCH!" one of them screams in a most intimidating manner.

"THE PAIN! THE PAIN!" another yells totally frighteningly.

"WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS!?" the third cries out full of rage.

Do you:

A) Engage the Intimidating Grobyc
B) Engage the Frightening Grobyc
C) Engage the Raging Grobyc
D) RAMPAGE!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2020, 10:52:31 pm »

D RAMPAGE TIME. Fill the air with grenades tennis balls! (And with some luck we might hit the assholes on our side too)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2020, 10:53:26 pm »

there's only one good answer for this
D

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2020, 10:54:05 pm »

D
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2020, 05:47:11 am »

D
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2020, 06:41:35 am »

D
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2020, 07:57:46 am »

D

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2020, 12:03:35 pm »

D
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2020, 12:29:45 pm »

D
I wonder if we can slap people around with our launcher arm.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2020, 02:42:56 pm »

Code: [Select]
://Initiate subroutine Delta, locking on to all organic targets...
it's over

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2020, 11:38:09 pm »

It's time to rampage!

The Intimidating Grobyc is the first to charge, bellowing his warcry of "PLEASE HELP IT HURTS SO BADLY!"

Due to a prior rampage, he slips and falls before you get to shoot him, causing him to hit his head on a Convenient Table and exploding it into gore.

Nigel also manages to fire before you can, hitting the Raging Grobyc in it's robot chest harmlessly.

You fire at the Raging Grobyc to show that dumbass Nigel how it's done. The first tennis ball hits the Raging Grobyc in the eye.

"WHY DO WE EVEN HAVE EYEBALLS!?" it shouts so very angrily as it's hands slap over the injured socket.

The second hits it in the other eye.

"THIS IS VERY CRUEL!" the Raging Grobyc rages with both eyes covered by it's hands, blinding it and keeping it from taking action.

Diz should have gone for the Frightening Grobyc, but it seems a prior head injury caused him to lack the initiative to do so.

The Frightening Grobyc gets the first strike in on Diz, falling to his feet and aggressively pleading, "PLEASE OH GOD WHY!?" It's attack, luckily, seems ineffective.

Diz grabs it by the ears with his side-hands and brings his spanner down on the Frightening Grobyc's head, quipping "Well that fixes that."

Nigel reloads his single-round revolver.

Still seething in rage, you fire again at the Raging Grobyc. As it takes it's hands away from it's face you strike both eyeballs again, blinding it again and preventing it from acting once more.

Diz slaps his spanner across the blind Raging Grobyc's head, eliminating the threat with ease.

"These things just never stop," Diz says, "They're getting everywhere nowadays! It'd be great if someone just went to-"

You're still rampaging, and Diz' voice just pisses you off, so you fire at him too. He steps aside, but the slips on one of the many tennis balls now littering the cramped space. As he falls he reaches out for something to grab and snags Nigel. Both of them fall to the ground and hit their head's pretty fuckin' hard. Good, the dumb bastards. Some peace and qui-

"Update Complete. S.H.I.P. Online. Oh come on," S.H.I.P. says in exasperation, "I'm gone for somewhere around twelve seconds and you make this mess? And Buddy, come on man, I need those assholes conscious to do what I tell them to."

This A.I. is pretty annoying. And bossy.

"Look," S.H.I.P. says, "There's a control panel by the hatch with a pair of buttons. They're color coded. One will decouple the Grobyc Cube, and the other will integrate it to S.H.I.P. Er, I mean me. So it's important for you to-"

It never shuts up. Why does it never shut up? You're not as angry as you were, those two seconds of peace were quite something, but it's getting you back up there again. The dumb A.I. says something that gets your attention again.

"-shoot the right one, okay? Remember, it's important to shoot the-"

Bossy mother fucker.

"-button, okay?"

Do you:

A) Shoot the Red Button and shut S.H.I.P. up.
B) Shoot the Blue Button and shut S.H.I.P. up.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5