Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mountain halls are BORING!  (Read 1800 times)

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mountain halls are BORING!
« on: May 08, 2020, 04:12:38 pm »

Man! its unbelieveble! They better could be called Mountain slumbs. Or mountain tiny labyrint.
I never had visited a mountain hall, and thought it sounded nice to start my adventure there. Come on!
At least make it moddable to create new layers with generated structures, then we make these places ourself more interesting.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
Re: Mountain halls are BORING!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 04:36:14 pm »

Ruined mountain halls, from my games, sadly never contain the FB that stomped them into dust.

Mountainhall cabinets, even in 1050 worlds will still have plain, standard quality, non-modifier clothing. I'm in the minority here, but that's a nice thing in vanilla if you run a character given to austerity.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 06:18:13 pm »

1) An editor is planned as part of the Mythgen arc releases.
2) A map rewrite is coming as part of the first Mythgen release which will allow more interesting proc gen sites.

Until then, just have to build your own.

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 09:55:13 pm »

Well, in that case the Wait has grown even Bigger

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 08:59:49 am »

Ruined mountain halls, from my games, sadly never contain the FB that stomped them into dust.

You just aren't looking hard enough. They like to hide in bedrooms, which means you have to check every single bedroom in the fort. They may also start out Stealthed, so you have to get close enough to observe them. But I have found them in Adventure Mode (and Fort Mode reclaims as well).

@joostheger: You know the game's only 47% done, right? You shouldn't expect a polished experience. At least there are mountain halls to visit: when I started playing in 2012 we didn't even have those - only human sites actually existed!
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 12:54:35 pm »

You just aren't looking hard enough. They like to hide in bedrooms, which means you have to check every single bedroom in the fort. They may also start out Stealthed, so you have to get close enough to observe them. But I have found them in Adventure Mode (and Fort Mode reclaims as well).
Have found them in ruined forts, but never mountain halls. Will have to do this next go around, esp if the FB has a hide for crafting!

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 03:25:24 pm »

@joostheger: You know the game's only 47% done, right? You shouldn't expect a polished experience. At least there are mountain halls to visit: when I started playing in 2012 we didn't even have those - only human sites actually existed!

I know, I'm sorry... I was frustrated walking around for two RL hours, finding nothing of interest... I should have gathered more information on mountainhalls beforehand...