Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: Antimatter, my citybuilder and 4X game with physics.  (Read 52199 times)

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I am developping a Sandbox, citybuilder game with physics
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2020, 06:53:32 pm »

Well all of this reminds me of an easter egg I wanted to implement 2-3 weeks ago . I wanted to make 1 window out of 100 000 ( the tiny tiny windows of player s buildings, you 'd have to zoom in a lot) to cast the shadow of a women taking a shower.
So I was searching the google image engine for James Bond girls but the yielded results was rather different than what I expected. The one for exemple was a "shadow" of a girl giving someone else a handjob. I wasn't sure if this kind of easter egg was very complient to age restriction.

The game should prompt an age restriction dialogue if it detects such phallus shaped structure .  "Are you 18 or older ? Yes / No" as the program incidentally becomes an age restricted one.
The game won't forget your answer.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2020, 07:19:54 pm »

Be careful not to pour Hot Coffee (GTA ref) all over your game. Bad things could come of it.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2020, 10:22:33 pm »

But the answer to "Are you 18 or older?" may well change. Perhaps remember the answer only for 9 years, then ask again (at which point half the users who weren't should now be, obviously...)

Dong Detection was actually famously a thing for Lego:
https://www.mcvuk.com/business-news/publishing/former-lego-dev-penis-detection-in-online-kids-games-is-utterly-impossible/
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-01-lego-mmo-development-dogged-by-dong-detection-software
https://www.destructoid.com/expensive-dick-moderation-helped-kill-the-last-lego-mmo-293260.phtml
(Three random sites that seem to have much the same words, including that Minecraft seems to have gotten away with/ignored it. The last one has a picture at the bottom, though.)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2020, 10:31:19 pm »

Forgot I was going to add:
Something like these for the Bond Girls?  There might be a bit of cheeky copyright issue (as with most others) if used raw, but by tweaking what are (not very obviously Bond-like) images like this you might avoid trouble.

For a more 'iconic' image, https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/525654587741807780/ (or https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/540994973967062357/ etc.. Pinterest seems to make my browser go funny, so I'm not sure if I'm getting access to the same images by two different URLs, there.)

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2020, 03:02:28 pm »

I made some backend progress yesterday, As mentionned earlier, spaceships are modular, each module has its own data and behaviours.
Finished docking/undocking system and ship control, hitpoints, destructions, physic for ships, and tweaked turrets behaviour.

destruction are visible, there is oxygen leak and combustion on damaged modules.

I made some exemple spaceships with with available modules.

Docked Spaceships

Unzooming gives a strategic view for spaceships and projectiles

A salvo of 3 missiles

Missiles are the same things as spaceship in the eyes of my engine, it is possible to design missiles

Every turrets can be controlled

A first colonisation attempt was made 700 years ago.
Below you can see some eggs from giant worms.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 03:04:57 pm by geoffroypir »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2020, 05:11:25 pm »

Looking good!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2020, 06:23:10 am »

I made the kickstarter video last night :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dLKo4P0SII

(The campaign has not been launched yet)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2020, 08:59:53 am »

you had me at GOD MODE: LAVA

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2020, 03:04:46 am »

I am launching the kickstarter campaign today at noon (gmt+1) !

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/geopi/war-industry-a-sandbox-city-builder-with-physics

you had me at GOD MODE: LAVA
That is my selling point haha.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2020, 06:39:39 pm »

Backed!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

PlayerDeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2020, 09:57:18 pm »

Gladly backed. :)

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2020, 07:24:44 am »

Thank you very much guys !
I have reached 266€ for this first day. Not bad considering the lack of promotion and how early the project is. (and considering that I am not doing a metroidvania game XD)
3 backers are from the forum, hopefully it wasn't all misclicks.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2020, 09:48:41 am »

I would kickstart, but I am burned from "That which sleeps" : (

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2020, 10:42:05 am »

I would kickstart, but I am burned from "That which sleeps" : (
At least this one can show gameplay that doesn't look faked, but yeah I'm leery of kickstarter these days too. Still going to keep my eye on this.

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2020, 11:06:03 am »

The problem with kickstarter is that it became either a place for promoting an already financed or established game to get more customers or either a place for lazy dreamers to put some concept arts and hoping for the best or we see assets flip projects too.

To be honest I don't expect my campaign itself to be successful, but I have quite a good conversion rate from the few people that visited my page (less than 100 haha) and feel happy about exchanging about my game and getting feedbacks.

I have checked the "That which sleeps" project , did they actually faked gameplay or are you speaking in general ? (Like "concept arts" based projects).

By the way, if anyone feel like making suggestions on anything, this is the time at this stage of developpement.

Also, I should not say that but I won't change the scope of the game or work less if I don't get funded, It ll surely delay the project, it ll be less pretty and polished at release, but well it's bay12, peoples here play dwarf fortress, aurora, catalysm DDA Etc ..  :P
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 11:16:25 am by geoffroypir »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22