Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: Antimatter, my citybuilder and 4X game with physics.  (Read 52132 times)

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I am developping a Sandbox, citybuilder game with physics
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2020, 12:08:47 pm »

I like the turret hard points. That's clever use of 3D.
Thanks, actually it is all 2d :)
It's 2D but functionally layering like that is 3D. You could have had turret modules that had to be attached like everything else but that would lead to unnecessary sprawl. I did not see a fighter bay. Did you plan on fighters or mechs with AI or is that too much for the scope of the game?

Oh  yes indeed you are right.

Well I have already programmed the docking mecanism associated with size of ship so basically fighter bay is already implemented as long as you put many small docking "pivots" and create small spaceships ;)

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2020, 03:07:36 am »

This looks hella exciting.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2020, 07:34:50 am »

Why do I get the impression that the goal of the game is to develop tech to move your civ to a new planet, destroy your homeworld, then be worshipped as gods by the primitive natives of your new world?  :P

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2020, 12:43:55 pm »

Why do I get the impression that the goal of the game is to develop tech to move your civ to a new planet, destroy your homeworld, then be worshipped as gods by the primitive natives of your new world?  :P
hehehehehe

But nothing prevent you to destroy the native's planet. We have the capacity to destroy several time our own planet. It means we have spare nukes and it would be a waste not to use these on other planets 8)

By the way , all of this reminds me of "Beneath the Planet of the Apes" where some primitives folks worship an ancient nuke. I should have something like that as well haha!

Thanks again for the nice comments, all of them are fueling my motivation.

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2020, 06:07:23 am »

Hey guys,
just dropping here another screenshots of a city I made yesterday. This is a bit like the "Moria" .
I think I ll make it even bigger do you have any suggestions ?

« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 06:09:24 am by geoffroypir »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2020, 06:22:27 am »

Clearly you need a series of cities lined up in alternating skull and heart shapes. Maybe get some lips and uwus in there. I could see turning an entire planet into like a teenage girl's diary, now that I think about it.

Idle thought, incidentally: Making cities or space stations or whatever into the shape of giant dongs should cause meteors to fall on them or somethin'. Maybe they spontaneously combust, I'unno.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2020, 06:30:50 am »

Clearly you need a series of cities lined up in alternating skull and heart shapes. Maybe get some lips and uwus in there. I could see turning an entire planet into like a teenage girl's diary, now that I think about it.

Idle thought, incidentally: Making cities or space stations or whatever into the shape of giant dongs should cause meteors to fall on them or somethin'. Maybe they spontaneously combust, I'unno.

What ?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2020, 06:45:46 am »

Why would meteors hit dong shaped cities, and how do you make a city look like a dong?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2020, 10:04:16 am »

Why would they not?

And it seems easy enough to almost do by 'accident'. (I mean, if you don't like the look of the Tulip, and the Shard isn't your thing either, perhaps the Gherkin more floats your boat/resembles your own boat. Those aren't more Walkie-Talkie or GPO types and have other issues.)

That aside, and to try to bring the thread back to the project actually being worked upon, I've been following the posted images from the start, more or less, (not yet gone onto the external media links, keep meaning to) and I'm liking the style. An almost EGA-rooted graphics pallette and style (expanded in all ways, but keeping that old dithered-artwork charm even with the actual use of truecolour gradients) and it leaves me to wonder how much is procedural and how much is base art. I believe I'll discover more once I jump off down the YouTube links, etc.

So let me just say that I remain intrigued. Please continue as you were, OP, I'm sure Frumple can survive without seing a truly phallacious megaproject, if it doesn't arise (ahem) all by itself anyway.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2020, 10:55:03 am »

What ?
Like, okay, can you direct the formation of the cities, so they can make shapes? You say moria, I say giant skull cave city, possibly inside a volcano. Then little heart shaped sub-cities around it, probably a XOXO space station up in the sky for pizzazz. Decorate, y'know? When you got that kinda' capability you make shoddy pixel art out of townships. The garrulous Empire of the Many Smiling Faces will conquer the world. That's just how it works.

The only thing is, if you can control the direction of building like that, you're inevitably going to have people make phallus shaped cities, gigantic ones, probably with flocks of smaller space station ones floating about the sky. These, you convince the game to recognize and drop meteors on, for the betterment of all.
Ask not!
Ask!

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2020, 08:28:43 am »

I feel like there's a pair of folks here committing PWH. (Posting While High)

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2020, 10:07:15 am »

With modular cities, space stations and ships. You can indeed make a lot of things phallus shaped.

The next update I will do is about modular spaceships, I am sure it ll fill that kind of need.

I feel like there's a pair of folks here committing PWH. (Posting While High)
Right, for a moment I though I was just that boring guy at a party. I guess I am not high enough  :-\

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2020, 01:09:11 pm »

If that was reference to me, though, I wasn't high at all. Maybe tired, but probably not much more than usual. So you'd need to be like... negative high or something to fail to top that. On some sort of anti-matter cannabinoid, I guess.

... drugs that self-annihilate on introduction to your system would be pretty darn sci-fi, tho'. Just throwing that one out there.

But yeah, I'm just saying if the game detects dong stations, quietly tweak the disaster rate up a few percent or somethin'. More games could stand something like that, I think.
Ask not!
Ask!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2020, 03:36:13 pm »

If that was reference to me, though, I wasn't high at all. Maybe tired, but probably not much more than usual. So you'd need to be like... negative high or something to fail to top that. On some sort of anti-matter cannabinoid, I guess.

... drugs that self-annihilate on introduction to your system would be pretty darn sci-fi, tho'. Just throwing that one out there.

But yeah, I'm just saying if the game detects dong stations, quietly tweak the disaster rate up a few percent or somethin'. More games could stand something like that, I think.

Rockets have been big dongs since the first rocket. You can't punish them for that. They've done that themselves by exploding a little too often.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2020, 03:52:04 pm »

(I think you're asking for something like Face Detection to be re-employed for the purposes of detecting anything phallic. Which, in a game with rockets (ninjaed!), means a high chance of finding something. More(?) seriously, I wouldn't put it past a game designer to put an easter-egg in such that some kind of in-game play style provokes a Deux Ex or even rewarding event - like a cross between Black & White's mouse-gesture recognition and the quite common 'cheats' that (re)naming a something that has an editable name in a 'meaningful' way unlocks some associated non-standard game feature - but I'd imagine geoffroypir has their own ideas about that, if any.)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22