Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: Antimatter, my citybuilder and 4X game with physics.  (Read 50493 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Kickstarter is live ! Antimatter, my citybuilder and 4X game with physics.
« Reply #225 on: October 05, 2020, 01:33:37 pm »

Sounds interesting!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 06, 2020, 12:11:25 am »

Backed the project tonight :) Its great to see how great its doing. Hope to see it hit 10k, gonna be close

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 06, 2020, 09:56:32 am »

Thanks man.

Yes very close.  :o

I think I'll stop making updates on kickstarter until the end of it. I had 3-4 cancelations just after I posted the last update. Maybe I offended some people IDK  :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #228 on: October 06, 2020, 10:27:07 am »

I think I'll stop making updates on kickstarter until the end of it. I had 3-4 cancelations just after I posted the last update. Maybe I offended some people IDK  :P
Correlation != causation. It could be that your update simply reminded them that they intended to cancel, not necessarily that you offended anyone.

Projects usually get a boost at the end when people who have set a reminder all get an email about it ending soon, usually about 48 hours prior

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 06, 2020, 11:29:04 am »

This game gets more interesting with every update.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 06, 2020, 12:19:27 pm »

Correlation != causation. It could be that your update simply reminded them that they intended to cancel, not necessarily that you offended anyone.

Yes that is what I thought as well  :P

With 370 subscribed person the boost should help :)

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 06, 2020, 03:20:11 pm »

Projects usually get a boost at the end when people who have set a reminder all get an email about it ending soon, usually about 48 hours prior

Yeah, don't think the updates would make people cancel. IF it did, the updates would end up making more people fund the project because they'd see it as being active with an active developer. So anyone who cancels cause of it, would be outweighed by the people who fund an active project with updates.

Unless one of the updates was "HAHA suckers got your money", before the funding was done...that would definitely not work out :P

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 06, 2020, 03:59:29 pm »

Unless one of the updates was "HAHA suckers got your money", before the funding was done...that would definitely not work out :P
Yeah don't worry I am planning to make this update AFTER I get the funds.
Then I will post a picture of me swimming in banknotes. Or maybe a picture of a shiny car with a nice sign "Thanks to all the backers"  .
Then 2 months later I'll make a sad and whinny post saying I couldn't finish the game because COVID disrupted everything and I ran out of money.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 06, 2020, 04:06:21 pm »

Yeah don't worry I am planning to make this update AFTER I get the funds.
Then I will post a picture of me swimming in banknotes. Or maybe a picture of a shiny car with a nice sign "Thanks to all the backers"  .
Then 2 months later I'll make a sad and whinny post saying I couldn't finish the game because COVID disrupted everything and I ran out of money.

lol. I can definitely picture quite a few kickstarters doing this :P

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 06, 2020, 05:03:12 pm »

Thanks man.

Yes very close.  :o

game needs some cool gifs of the physics doing funny cruel or complex things so that people can share something to their friends, it's very hard to convince ppl with a couple pixelated screenshots.

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 07, 2020, 04:10:25 pm »

game needs some cool gifs of the physics doing funny cruel or complex things so that people can share something to their friends, it's very hard to convince ppl with a couple pixelated screenshots.

I agree, but I prefer to keep things honest and just show What I have actually done. It is easy to create fake mechanisms in an Unity scene but this can be deceiving in the long run.
Maybe in 6 months (or even before) there will be tons of cool polished things to share, this will be the right time to build up some hype.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 08, 2020, 01:31:25 am »

7 days left, at 7,399 euros. Still a week to go, so still possible for the 10k.

Even if not, game is looking great as it is and you did say can always add it in later still

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 08, 2020, 11:40:44 pm »

With some big donations, very close to the 10k mark :D

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 09, 2020, 05:35:30 am »

It indeed happened this night from 2 generous backers.  :D

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 09, 2020, 12:39:34 pm »

Nice!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22