Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34

Author Topic: Risky Ventures! - Year 2 Autumnwake - I need to sink more boats  (Read 30688 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yearvent Shipping sells 2 units of Sand for 1 Guinea. Such riches!

Yearvent Shipping is now willing to invest in the Repeat Visit to the tune of 2 Guineas.

Long Live United Forenia!

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile

To the 'Laden Swallow' major investors, may I suggest changing the voting to such that to pass a decision a 70% majority of shares is required? this would have the benefit to you that no decision would pass with only two supporters, and you can trade some of your stocks in the 'Laden Swallow' without losing the ability to effect the happening against the other two.
Mineral Co will support the 70% voting pass.
Mineral Co shall also support Iron Mountain Ind. proposal.
Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 04:51:51 pm by The Canadian kitten »

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nagant Venture will also support these two motions.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

RiverFort LTD will support the proposal from Iron Mountain Ind.

RiverFort LTD will also sell their 2 units of sand for 1 Guinea.

Spoiler: RiverFort LTD assets (click to show/hide)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

Ashford Core sells 2 units of Sand for 1 Guinea. Excellent pricing.

Ashford core is willing to invest into the Repeat Visit for 2 Guineas.

Spoiler:  Ashford Core Assets (click to show/hide)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As an update to the financing of the Repeat Visit, the venture's current financial status is now being published here. Currently 2 Guineas are still needed to finance the ship. If someone has donated funds but has not been recorded as such, please contact us to fix this error. A total of 8 Guineas has been pledged to this project.

To Queen Phillipa the Fourth,

We, the undersigned, hereby agree to buy a ship, the 'Repeat Visit', to sail the trade route between the Motherland and the Nearsouthlands. Investments will be as follows:

- 2 Guineas from Imaginary Productions
- 1 Guineas from Unpleasant LLC
- 1 Guineas from Intended Improvements Company
- 2 Guineas from Yearvent Shipping
- 2 Guineas from Ashford Core

The profits will be based upon shares equal to investment.

Signed:

On another note, this company must wonder if it is possible to have a half Guinea, as an equal share of the profits for all investors, to the scale of their investment, would seem to lead to Unpleasant LLC and Intended Improvements Company only receiving a single unit of sand. Which at the current market prices would only get them a half Guinea each.

Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

After brief research on the actual currency that shares the name, 1 Guinea=20 shillings, so a half guinea would be 10 shillings. As a guinea isn’t the smallest for, of a currency, it would be possible to have half of one because of the guinea being broken into an even number of a currency unit smaller than them, similar to how someone can have 1/100 of a dollar, or 0.01 dollars, because the dollar can be broken down into hundredths, because of the lower currency unit

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After brief research on the actual currency that shares the name, 1 Guinea=20 shillings, so a half guinea would be 10 shillings. As a guinea isn’t the smallest for, of a currency, it would be possible to have half of one because of the guinea being broken into an even number of a currency unit smaller than them, similar to how someone can have 1/100 of a dollar, or 0.01 dollars, because the dollar can be broken down into hundredths, because of the lower currency unit
I don't see what that has to do with a Guinea Pig based economy.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't see what that has to do with a Guinea Pig based economy.
I’m thinking it’s the coin, because guinea pigs can be bred, and that will cause inflation. There is also the question of whether 1 live guinea pig is worth more or less than a dead one. Would you be able to buy a ship for 10 guinea pig corpses? 5 live ones and 5 dead ones? Is a dead worth double a live one? Is a live one worth double the corpses? Coins can’t be killed, as they aren’t alive to begin with. Coins don’t need food, water, or shelter. It makes far more sense to use something that can’t die as currency rather than something that can die.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noname incorporated will sell their 2 units of Sand for 1 Guinea.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 07:50:18 pm by RulerOfNothing »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We can start a new trend for pets if we can start bringing Guinea pigs back.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We can start a new trend for pets if we can start bringing Guinea pigs back.
sure, but so far, animals haven’t been found in Nearsouthlands

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I’m pretty sure we’re dealing with coins right now. The creature known as the ’Guinea Pig’ would obviously be worth 1 Guinea each, but no one has ever seen this mythical beast.
Long Live United Forenia!

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Isn't a guinuea like a pound and 1 shilling in modern money? does that mean that we are buying ships for like 10ish pounds?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unpleasant LLC sells 2 units of sand for 1 Guineas.
Unpleasant LLC then invests 1 Guineas in the Repeat Visit.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34