Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34

Author Topic: Risky Ventures! - Year 2 Autumnwake - I need to sink more boats  (Read 30668 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to invest one Guineas in the ship 'Repeat Visit', I'd invest more but I only have the one.
Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 07:55:27 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures!
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2020, 06:45:24 am »

Year 1 Springtide
TURNTURNTURN
The agreement between Iron Mountain Ind., Mineral CO, Nagant Ventures and RiverFort LTD is confirmed, and the second Motherlands ship 'Laden Swallow' is christened and sets off on its maiden voyage for the Nearsouthlands. Perhaps it will see the 'Yarnu' along the way?

Captain McBeardly thanks both Imaginary Productions and Intended Improvements Company for their funding. He uses it to buy extra rum and saltmeat rations, as well as a small skiff. He announces that the 'Marvelous Minnow' will be setting sail for unknown horizons beyond the Western Sea on the first day of Summer. He urges all loyal servants of the Crown to take this last opportunity ho help spread the glory of Queen Phillipa and the Motherland.

Speaking of Her Majesty, Queen Phillipa invites delegates from both Imaginary Productions and Intended Improvements Company to the Royal Palace. After the traditional pomp and ceremony tied to an official meeting occurs, she publicly thanks them both for their patriotic acts of supporting independent explorers. She goes further to say that Intended Improvements Company deserves special mentino for acting in the benefit of the Crown.

Imaginary Productions gains +1 Favour
Intended Improvements Company gains  +3 Favour

Current Voyages
Yarnu - set sail for Nearsouthlands in Year 1 Springrise. Expected return Year 1 Springwake with cargo of Sand
Laden Swallow - set sail for Nearsouthlands in Year 1 Springtide. Expected return Year 1 Summerrise with Cargo of Sand

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noname incorporated will also invest in Captain McBeardly's expedition with 1 Guinea.
Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 08:02:53 pm by RulerOfNothing »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Intended Improvements Company would like to invest 1 Guinea to the “Repeat Visit”
Spoiler: IIC Assets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 08:39:17 am by Naturegirl1999 »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Intended Improvements Company would like to invest 1 Guinea to the “Westsplorer” to explore the Western Sea
I'm not sure that that's an option? Like, exploration missions are NPC undertakings, not player-organised.
And even if it was an option, there's already the Minnow about to go do that. Just increase your investment into it if you really want to.
Lastly, are you absolutely sure you want to spend all your money on royal donations and voyages of exploration? Cos neither of those earn you any money (at least not directly). 
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can definitely buy a ship and send it out on exploration entirely from your own pocket if you so wish. As noted by NUKE though, they only ever cost money.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Intended Improvements Company would like to invest 1 Guinea to the “Westsplorer” to explore the Western Sea
I'm not sure that that's an option? Like, exploration missions are NPC undertakings, not player-organised.
And even if it was an option, there's already the Minnow about to go do that. Just increase your investment into it if you really want to.
Lastly, are you absolutely sure you want to spend all your money on royal donations and voyages of exploration? Cos neither of those earn you any money (at least not directly).
i will change it
Changed to
Intended Improvements Company would like to invest 1 Guinea to the “Repeat Visit”
Spoiler: IIC Assets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 08:39:52 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As an update to the financing of the Repeat Visit, the venture's current financial status is now being published here. Currently, 6 Guineas are still needed to finance the ship. If someone has donated funds but has not been recorded as such, please contact us to fix this error.

To Queen Phillipa the Fourth,

We, the undersigned, hereby agree to buy a ship, the 'Repeat Visit', to sail the trade route between the Motherland and the Nearsouthlands. Investments will be as follows:

- 2 Guineas from Imaginary Productions
- 1 Guineas from Unpleasant LLC
- 1 Guineas from Intended Improvements Company

The profits will be based upon shares equal to investment.

Signed:

Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so do ships continue to operate until they get sunk/burned/Cthulhu'd or are they only good for a limited number of trips?

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile

I think it continues to ship goods from that sand land to here until sunk. Wonder if I could get some pirates to attack a rival shipping/investor company.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A ship will keep doing what it is told until it sinks. So unless the owners of the 'Yarnu' or 'Laden Swallow' agree to send thrm somewhere else, thry will keep plying the trade route between the Motherland and the Nearsouthlands.

Also, it is against the Law to knowingly attack another ship bearing the Motherlands flag.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

unless the owners of the 'Yarnu' or 'Laden Swallow' agree to send thrm somewhere else,
This brings up a question: who would need to agree? Like, if three of us say we want to send the Yarnu somewhere else, but two want to keep plying the Nearsouthlands route, does the majority decide, or is a unanimous vote required? By default, I mean- for any future ships, I'll include a thing in the contract covering how changes to the usage can be made.
Long Live United Forenia!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To the 'Laden Swallow' major investors, may I suggest changing the voting to such that to pass a decision a 70% majority of shares is required? this would have the benefit to you that no decision would pass with only two supporters, and you can trade some of your stocks in the 'Laden Swallow' without losing the ability to effect the happening against the other two.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures! - Year 1 Springwake
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2020, 11:56:03 am »

It currently requires a unanimous decision to change some aspect of the contract. You are perfectly welcome to include clauses about who can change the contract and when.

Year 1 Springwake
TURNTURNTURN
Near the end of the month, a Motherland flag appears over the horizon. With bated breath you wait until you can confirm that it is indeed the 'Yarnu'. The sailors tell tall tales of dark skinned foreigners, show off multi coloured bandanas and one even has a strange swirling tattoo in red ink that he swears has some sort of cultural significance.

The captain seeks out the quintet of Yearvent Shipping, Ashford Core, RiverFort LTD, Noname incorporated and Unpleasant LLC, and organises the transfer of +2 Sand each, before preparing to resupply and set off at the beginning of next month.

You each have buyers lined up, offering 0.5g per Sand, so you could easily sell it now, or wait to see if the price changes.

Captain McBeardly shakes the hands of the entire delegation from Noname Incorporated, thanking them for their generosity. Not a day later, they also receive a special letter of commendation from Queen Phillipa herself. At least, the signature looks like hers. +1 Favour.

Keeping his word, Captain Beardly then sets sail and leads the 'Marvelous Minnow' westward. Let's hope those brave souls return.

Ships at Port
Yarnu - Preparing to sail for the Nearsouthlands (Sand)

Current Voyages
Laden Swallow - set sail for Nearsouthlands in Year 1 Springtide. Expected return Year 1 Summerrise with Cargo of Sand
Marvelous Minnow - Exploring the West Sea since Year 1 Springwake
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 02:46:59 pm by Kashyyk »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To the 'Laden Swallow' major investors, may I suggest changing the voting to such that to pass a decision a 70% majority of shares is required? this would have the benefit to you that no decision would pass with only two supporters, and you can trade some of your stocks in the 'Laden Swallow' without losing the ability to effect the happening against the other two.

Hmm Iron Mountain Ind. is hesitant to agree to that. We propose that operational decisions (I.e. currently just if we want to change the trading route) is a 51% vote, while changes to the contract itself require a 70% vote to pass (so someone couldn’t in the future try to keep a rival ship from competing by vetoing contract changes, but I also wouldn’t mind keeping an unanimous decision for contract changes). A unanimous decision would be required to sell the ship/dissolve the contract.

On further thought, that does seem a bit much, so Iron Mountain Ind. will support the requirement of 70% voting shares to pass for changes to the Laden Swallow’s Contract.

Also we propose that we add to the contract that in votes, members are encouraged to vote in the month of the vote, but have an additional in game month to log their vote. If a vote is not cast it should be taken as agreement with the vote. (So if someone misses a day and a vote, they can still vote the next day if they are busy or whatnot, but if they miss a few days the rest of the players aren’t held up for more than an in-game month. )
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 12:47:53 pm by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34