Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34

Author Topic: Risky Ventures! - Year 2 Autumnwake - I need to sink more boats  (Read 30701 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there something besides donation and buying more ships that possible to do currently?

If no one suggest the construction of another ship I'll probably donate later

Spoiler: RiverFort LTD Assets (click to show/hide)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will also be holding on to my sand for a bit.
Spoiler: Unpleasant LLC Assets (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I'm not going to count on the price of sand rising, so Yearvent Shipping is going to sell 4 units of Sand for 2 Guineas right now.

Yearvent Shipping will then donate 1 Guinea to the Crown.

Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Year 1 Autumnrise
TURNTURNTURN
As demand for fancy glassware increased, so did the number of glass blowers, kilns and other glass based artisans, knowing that a great load of sand was about to be delivered thanks to the arrival of the Yarnu and Repeat Visit last month.

Craftsmen watched as sacks of sand were moved into warehouses, and the sand was not sold. The last few loads from previous trade missions is used up, and the sand was not sold. Demand for glassware rose even higher, and the sand was not sold. Investors who thought they could make a quick buck on the glass trade pulled out, closing down workshops, as the sand was not sold. And yet, people still want glassware.

Finally, the 'Laden Swallow' arrived, bearing it's own haul of sand. Some interest spiked as craftsmen saw another source of the materials they need. The next month will be tense.

One unit of sand (picked at random from those sold this turn) will be bought for 0.7 guineas. 1d3 sand will then be sold for 0.6 guineas. The next 1d6 sand will be sold for 0.5 guineas. The rest will sell for 0.4 guineas.

Iron Mountain Ind., Mineral CO and Nagant Ventures gains +3 Sand
RiverFort LTD gains +1 Sand

In unrelated news, the Queen declares Yearvent Shipping as friends of the crown for their generous contribution. +2 Favour

Ships in Port
Laden Swallow - preparing to set sail for Nearsouthlands (Sand)

Current Voyages
Marvelous Minnow - Exploring the West Sea since Year 1 Springwake
Yarnu - set sail for Nearsouthlands in Year 1 Autumnrise. Expected return Year 1 Autumnwake
Repeat Visit - set sail for Nearsouthlands in Year 1 Autumnrise. Expected return Year 1 Autumnwake

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures! - Year 1 Autumntide - The Great Sand Supply Crisis
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2020, 04:28:05 am »

Sell nothing
Spoiler: RiverFort LTD (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 07:19:39 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2020, 04:30:43 am »

Whoops. I will sell my 2 units of sand.

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2020, 04:40:15 am »

Well shit that didn't work out, sell all 4 of my sand.
Spoiler: Unpleasant LLC Assets (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2020, 04:48:23 am »

Ashford Core sells 4 units of Sand

Spoiler: Ashford Core Assets (click to show/hide)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2020, 04:48:54 am »

I mean, technically some of you will do better than I did. But I won't say I didn't see something like this coming.

Incidentally, I had an idea, and am looking for collaborators amongst those who have also got some Royal Favour:
Quote from: Draft -do not send- Petition
To Queen Phillipa the Fourth,

We, the undersigned, humbly suggest that shipyards be granted certain tax benefits, to lower the costs of constructing new ships. The flourishing international trade that has the potential to enrich the Motherland relies on these vessels, and reduced costs will likely entice more investment into new routes, more than making up for any lost revenue.

Signed:
  -Yearvent Shipping
  -
  -
I figure if two other companies with some degree of Favour sign, it should have enough weight to be considered by the Crown. If you are on board, add your signature to the petition. If you are the third person to do so, remove 'Draft -do not send-' from the title.

Long Live United Forenia!

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2020, 04:56:50 am »

Boon and Bust I knew was coming, sand is going probally going to go down very fast now, which means next potential merchandise will be worth more.

*Also for those invested with more than 1 ship the bust isn't really that bad since likely already earned your money back and more.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2020, 06:43:16 am »

Can I cancel my sell? I expected people to not sell all their sand now that it would have good chace to sell for less.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2020, 06:46:14 am »

The price will likely end up dropped further it as sand becomes common item.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2020, 06:57:16 am »

Sure Rockeater. I won't be processing the turn until some point tomorrow.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2020, 07:23:06 am »

The price will likely end up dropped further it as sand becomes common item.
Unless there is some storage limitation, it's not gonna cost me much to wait until a price rise.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2020, 07:57:03 am »

Kashyyk, how is the selling order determined?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34