Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do i assign labors to plump helmet men?  (Read 853 times)

ProbablyRed

• Bay Watcher
  • Real Human Bean
    • View Profile
How do i assign labors to plump helmet men?
« on: April 30, 2020, 03:05:52 pm »

Hello, recently while breaching the caverns, i found that my caves contained three Plump helm. Men, and just for the heck of it, i used DFhack to make them citizens of my fort, however, it seems i cant assign any labors to them, all it shows when i go to their Preferences > Labor screen is "No labors availible", is there any way to circumvent this and assign them labors?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do i assign labors to plump helmet men?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 03:21:34 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised if they behave like gremlins do in vanilla after petitioning, i.e. end up as both citizens as pets. Gremlins can be given orders via Dwarf Therapist. However, that area is rather bugged.

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 12:10:34 pm »

I did this once to a few PHM with the `tweak make-own` command. I didn't find a way to assign them labors (Dwarf Therapist won't work), but you can make them tavern-keepers and performer through the locations menu, so maybe other roles like messenger, scribe and scholar would work. If I remember correctly that command makes them members of your civ, and they still need to Petition the mayor to become citizens. So maybe since they can't talk they won't petition, and if they don't petition they can't get labors? Unless you know a better way to make them full citizens that I didn't figure out.

I believe they did their assigned jobs well though, until they were slowly killed off by tantrumming dwarfs.

Morning_Oak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 12:35:10 pm »

They may petition you to become full citizens after 2 years. Tweak make-own still requires the target to petition unless they are a dwarf I believe.