Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dye & cloth  (Read 812 times)

HrumpfOfDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dye & cloth
« on: April 30, 2020, 12:09:37 pm »

Is there an easy way to see how much cloth still needs dyed? I would set a work order if I had a good estimate.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: Dye & cloth
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 04:40:14 pm »

There is no easy way to see the exact number but if you set up the work order in job manager, then 'c'onditions, 'r'egeants, then adjust the number of dyeable cloth upward until it is too high, then lower a bit, that number will be close enough.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 06:30:25 pm »

You do not have to set up weavers. Just put in o-orders to wave any dyed thread.
You need to set up dyers. 1 job if there is 1 available undyed thread, checked daily.
You can set up 2 more dyers with 1 job each if there are 3 available undyed threads, check daily. You get the idea now, how to speed it up with multiple workshops.
Unfortunately, there is no good solution for dyes. You just need to set it up alike automation would look like. Then from time to time manually access quern and set up 30 or 50 milling jobs at a time. Here is the hint: 3x6 dimple cups stockpile can keep around 1000 plants.
My advice would be also in init/init_d.txt change seeds to 60 per type and 6000 in total. 200 per type is an overflow and with 2000 limit, you soon hit problems with surface farming.

HrumpfOfDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 04:59:17 pm »

I haven't had too much trouble with seed limits yet. I really only use pigtails until I catch a GCS. At that point, it's dye and plump helmets. I gave up on meeting food needs through anything but alcohol a long time ago. On a couple of earlier test forts, I just 'pref-adjust'ed it to save headaches, but only if I was trying to test out a new trick. Now I just use every thing else giving good thoughts to stop the tantrums, and since the whole fort is underground, I don't get the adaptation problems, either.