Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Possible bug] How to claim original book from killed visitor?  (Read 596 times)

Riukus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So one day pretty annoying visitor with artifact scroll (original book) get kiled by titan. I manage to loot everything from him exept this book. I have library and stockpile with finished good enabled. Also book is not forbidden. Can I somehow get it? Dwarfs completely ignore it even then they read (they read a lot really). May be some dfhack solutions? Game is 0.47.04 version.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 11:27:17 am by Riukus »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Possible bug] How to claim original book from killed visitor?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 11:27:43 am »

The problem is that it's marked with the "merchant" flag, so using gui/gm-editor to flip that flag should allow you to pick it up (assuming it's not forbidden, but that works normally). It is presumably a bug, and afflicts more or less every book brought by characters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 11:30:09 am »

[url-http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10288]Presumably it's this bug[/url], as patriklundell says

Riukus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 11:51:45 am »

Thanks! Solved it. Honestly there are so many annoying bugs and "not done yet" mechanic it new versions... Great and fun 0.34 version forse me only to periodically clean ghosts with dfhack.