Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How long can you delay answering petitions before they fail automatically?  (Read 1570 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The wiki page doesn't mention it (nor the petition I think can happen for upgrades to guild halls/temples). It also doesn't mention how long you have to finish the job before they ungrateful buggers decide you've cheated them.

My issue is that I'm getting too many guildhall petitions so I'm worrying about being able to process them before the satisfaction timer runs up (apart from the fact that the miners won't be able to actually work on the fortress improvements), so I'm considering stalling to get some more time.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info

According to to devlog of 11/07/2019, it's a full game year.

Just fyi, there's several bugs with room value, especially with rooms designated from furniture, for one engravings aren't counted into the room value (yes, there are reports for this). If you use a meeting zone those bugs are worked around, and it'll be much much easier to get to the designated value.

EDIT: I misread. No idea how long it takes for a petition to fail.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I actually asked about both, so you did get 50%, which ain't bad ;)

Luckily, I use zones when possible. An 11*11 room needs smoothing and some engraving to reach 2000 dwarfbucks (the walls are included in the zone).

A year ought to be enough, though.

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the petition stay for a whole season. Not sure though. Long enough to click yes to those and then you have whole year to fix it.

For guild halls I pick just clear 3x3 space and put 1 lever inside of it. Then master quality steel mechanism (10800 worth) in. 1 for normal hall. 5 for great hall.