Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some adventure mode suggestions  (Read 998 times)

NecromancerGoblin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Some adventure mode suggestions
« on: April 05, 2020, 02:11:31 am »

Fishing
I don't know if this has already been suggested, but you should be able to fish in Adventure Mode. You can make a fishing rod from rope and a branch and use it to fish. You can set a number of hours to fish. The fish then must be processed with a sharp object, like butchering.
Bandit Camps
Currently, all the bandit camps are just people standing around some items on the ground. The bandits should ambush you in small groups when you are near the camp. There should also be watches at night. The items themselves should be stored in a tent.
Better Quests
If you are a hearthperson/lieutenant you can get a very small variety of quests. I think that more possibilities should be available:
1. Bringing a message to another site. When you get this task you must head to the site in question and when you talk to the leader, a new conversation option will appear: "Deliver a message from <lordname>".
2. Bringing a certain person to them. A leader will ask you to "Deliver <personname> safely from <sitename>". When you find the person, you can ask them to "Come with you to <questgiversite> by order of <taskgivername>". The person might not agree, and you might have to tie them up with rope or use manacles.
3. Scouting army encampments
4. Getting tribute from a site. 

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some adventure mode suggestions
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 09:47:08 pm »

Instead of starting a new thread I figured I would just add to this one.  I would love fishing to be added to Adventure Mode AND farming.  It would be nice to find ways to produce food outside of gathering and hunting or killing your own pets/mounts.   A lot of times some Adventurers seem to starve to death. 
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Deno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2022, 09:48:44 am »

Great ideas. If this is supposed to be a thread to collect small ideas for adventure mode, I also have some.

Survival Stuff:

- Tents, bedrolls and other stuff to build mobile camps. Maybe a pot that works like the kitchen in fort mode when combined with a campfire.
- Ability to craft writing materials. Parchment from animal skins, ink from blood or coal from a campfire. I want to be able to write more stuff down. The development page mentions exploration related stuff like making maps of unknown regions an selling them.
- Crafting with pelts and leather in general. Maybe requires some tools that you have to craft or buy at a settlement.
- Work with stone and metals. Making it posible to pretty much play fort mode in adventure mode. I think they mentioned somewhere that in the far future all game modes are supposed to be one mode where you switch between different layers of the game. I love the idea.

Orange-of-Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2022, 09:49:14 am »

There should also be NPC-fishermen actually fishing.

It should be possible to run into one and trade them for fish.