Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Isolated Prayer Bug? (!!SCIENCE!! Requested)  (Read 2342 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Isolated Prayer Bug? (!!SCIENCE!! Requested)
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2020, 11:11:28 am »

0.47.04. One migrant with 19 gods and one with 18, and I'm not sure I've looked at the worst ones.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2020, 04:24:26 pm »

0.47.04. One migrant with 19 gods and one with 18, and I'm not sure I've looked at the worst ones.
Interesting, how many different civ's gods does he worship? What's his history?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2020, 03:21:12 am »

One difference I noted between the starting 7 and migrants is that the starting 7 has their deity at the top of the relations list, while migrants get them after the list of relatives, which indicates they're generated slightly differently (and my starting 7 weren't traditional parent less void dorfs).

A migrant with 19 deities:
Nothing of interest in Legends Mode. Born, some childhood friends, became shearer, lover, left a bunch of entities to migrate to the fortress. Most of the deities are depicted as dwarves, with four humans and a giant olm and a bronze colossus thrown in as spicing (and no rampage to scare the dorf into colossus worship).
My civ consists of a lot of dorfs with a significant non dorf minority, spanning a large number of sites (50 or so), and I've seen a lot of migrants being friends with characters with elven names.

Gods: The full civ pantheon save one (accounting for 11). Those are the 11 first one listed for the dorf in Legends Mode, which may or may not be significant. 3 from a human civ, two other dwarven civs with one each, another human civ with 1 human god and probably another dwarven civ accounting for the last god (Legends Viewer didn't want to display that civ, even when all events were deselected).

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2020, 03:33:26 am »

Starting seven description drops their god down to the normal position after a short while of portering around the new site. Just one of those weird presentation things I think. Like the way tantruming dwarves no longer have Needs (in their thoughts screen).

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2020, 07:17:32 am »

Depends on your definition of "short time", but I looked at them during the second winter. However, it's probably just a presentation issue, as you say.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2020, 09:04:19 am »

Depends on your definition of "short time", but I looked at them during the second winter. However, it's probably just a presentation issue, as you say.
Hmm. Will check that again then. I noticed it fairly recently and then also noticed it change at some poibt. But didn't much pay attention to how long it took at the time.
Pages: 1 [2]