Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Auto-labor disabled jobs still being toggled?  (Read 1069 times)

Milksquid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Auto-labor disabled jobs still being toggled?
« on: March 16, 2020, 01:56:57 pm »

Im trying to get all my hauling dwarfs to have their highest moodable skills be armor and weapon crafting. I disabled both of those skills in auto-labor and then enabled those skills manually for each of my hauling dwarfs with dwarf therapist, but whenever I unpause the game they still have those jobs being disabled. What am I doing wrong?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-labor disabled jobs still being toggled?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 02:24:03 pm »

Are you pressing the "commit" button in dwarf therapist?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Milksquid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 02:31:26 pm »

Hmm, yeah. Pressing commit on dwarf therapist. I tried toggling the labors in dfhack on and off several times, sometimes letting the game run a bit between toggles. I pressed "read" on DT between each DFhack toggle and it still seems to be automatically turning amor and weapon smithing on and off.

Maybe its some sort of weird interaction with work orders and workshop profiles and auto-labor. I certainly do have a lot of automated actions going at once.

"Autolabor list" shows both jobs disabled.

edit: quit out of dwarf fortress and all related utilities and started it again. DFhack autolabor still lists "FORGE_WEAPON" and "FORGE_ARMOR" as disabled. Problem persists.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 02:39:14 pm by Milksquid »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 04:48:09 pm »

Normally I'd refrain, but you probably want to take this to the modding forum.
With new players coming in, having the Gameplay Questions filled up (I know it's just one post, but it could potentially get filled up) with questions about buggy, possibly crashing mods and how to work around the issues is just confusing.

Milksquid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 07:17:28 pm »

Ok, thanks for the info. Ill try there.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 09:57:43 pm »

There should be a Move Thread button somewhere at the bottom (I forget where) so you can move and keep the previous good advice.