Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273]

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 458007 times)

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #4080 on: September 14, 2024, 07:33:35 pm »

Preserve the collective blood of the Museum's heroes together. And let that sit/ferment for like 200 years. It'd probably make for a neat attraction. Or you know, a rather interesting beverage for someone to sip.
I think that's an excellent idea. A pot of adventurer blood could have potentially many uses. Or why not tears?

As for what you should play, I do suggest entities with limbs. I once possessed a night creature without limbs, it went... tedious.

I haven't seen how the world changed during QD's turn. Ah well. Good luck, Maloy!
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: September 14, 2024, 07:41:38 pm »

I haven't seen how the world changed during QD's turn. Ah well. Good luck, Maloy!
You're not missing much. Past couple weeks turned out busier than expected, so it was mostly just adding new stuff to the Traps of Dying.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: September 15, 2024, 08:43:08 pm »

In all of your messing around did you do something to affect to climate? I noticed in at least two of my forts that it seemed a lot colder than in previous turns.

He was opening holes into "space", and that causes a cascade of ultra-low-temperatures on the site, near the breach, that have to balance out before returning to normal. It shouldn't have any effect on sites beyond where he did it, or the surrounding wilderness once the site is unloaded. But if you're not mistaken in seeing the local climate change on other sites, maybe there's a persistent memory leak involved? Something like the tile that he opened being loaded in-situ on other maps, and therefore causing their local temperatures to drop.

You would have to test and see if there's a particular source where heat is sinking into. It would have to be up in the sky near the top of the skybox.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: September 16, 2024, 11:26:31 am »

Well I’ve played for many years across multiple turns in The Eternal Citadel and the river has never frozen until now.

Also noticed year round snow in Palacework which I’m sure wasn’t there before.

Climate change is real!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: September 16, 2024, 12:38:05 pm »

Well I’ve played for many years across multiple turns in The Eternal Citadel and the river has never frozen until now.

Also noticed year round snow in Palacework which I’m sure wasn’t there before.

Climate change is real!

I wonder if it has something to do with his earlier statement that he stole the sun and is keeping it at his base

I am playing with a fort on the norther hemisphere not far from his location and it is insanely hot for some reason. The game is giving me desert seasons even though I'm in a forest

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: Today at 09:07:18 am »

Been working hard on a fort, but had to switch off halfway through to get some actual adventuring done!

Since you can't actually develop locations from world gen like Incenseorder I'm trying to turn the area around it into a metropolis and have it be part of a greater area of Incenseorder!

Was coming together good
Tavern, restaurants. market square with stores, bank. cathedral, etc.
Had to stop midway through!

Also a lot of dwarves who got revived by the mysterious shenanigans. Many of them were actually surviving without bodies! They could even work and do things! I full-healed most of them

Blighted zombies came in who also had no bodies and they'd get one shot by one of the countless intelligent undead dwarves the Walled Dye is filled with

I wanted to see what would happen if I unretired Pis the charcoal brute who doesn't have a body

He gets reincarnated instantly into the body of a mountain gnome named Yifles and dreams of bringing lasting peace to the world

This could be a glitch of his character ID looking for a body, but I'm guessing one of the previous players decided to mess around with him lol

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: Today at 12:43:21 pm »

Been working hard on a fort, but had to switch off halfway through to get some actual adventuring done!

Since you can't actually develop locations from world gen like Incenseorder I'm trying to turn the area around it into a metropolis and have it be part of a greater area of Incenseorder!

Was coming together good
Tavern, restaurants. market square with stores, bank. cathedral, etc.
Had to stop midway through!

Also a lot of dwarves who got revived by the mysterious shenanigans. Many of them were actually surviving without bodies! They could even work and do things! I full-healed most of them

Blighted zombies came in who also had no bodies and they'd get one shot by one of the countless intelligent undead dwarves the Walled Dye is filled with

I wanted to see what would happen if I unretired Pis the charcoal brute who doesn't have a body

He gets reincarnated instantly into the body of a mountain gnome named Yifles and dreams of bringing lasting peace to the world

This could be a glitch of his character ID looking for a body, but I'm guessing one of the previous players decided to mess around with him lol

That sounds like an exciting turn for the world. Hehe yes, the world will now feature an additional flavor of weird from now on.

Host screenshots if and when you can!

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: Today at 05:07:58 pm »

It's definitely a glitch. Half the creatures returned in the Anti-Rapture that I tried to unretire throw me in a different body, sometimes directly into a literal unnamed hell demon. I'm 99% sure Yifles doesn't have the same ID as Pis. In my experience, it works with half of them (of course, my testing rate was of about maximum 10 of about 100,000 returned, so that statistics might not be representative of the actual odds), but we probably need more testing. I also suspect the time to posses bodiless Returned was directly after the Anti-Rapture and that things will go more wonky the more we retire forts and adventurers.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273]