Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 458036 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #4065 on: August 12, 2024, 04:20:20 pm »

Ha! The one you linked seems to be for Maloy's succession fort :)
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: August 12, 2024, 05:34:03 pm »

i noticed, but last night when i uploaded it that was the file it sent me to, and I coulda swore it said it was my save.

Im guessing whatever caused DFFD to go down last night had to be fixed with a rollback that deleted my save, and then maloy uploaded after it was restored and got the same file number, since theyre sequential.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: August 17, 2024, 05:20:34 pm »

I've only just noticed you updated your last post with the correct save.

Downloading now and will make a start on Turn 156!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: August 17, 2024, 09:58:32 pm »

Has there ever been a longer succession game?

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: August 18, 2024, 08:46:04 am »

Not sure, but since Bralbaard has been AWOL and the front page isn't being updated any more it is kind of hard to keep track of things.

I hope he is OK.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: August 25, 2024, 06:35:00 pm »

Here is the uploaded save: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=17174

I think Eric uploaded a save named 155 but is actually turn 154. The one I have uploaded should be 155. (Correct me if I am wrong and let me know if the turn list needs changed.)

Turns since Bralbaard last posted:

Turn 149: Eric Blank
Turn 150: Kesperan
Turn 151: Avolition Brit
Turn 152: Dikbutdagrate
Turn 153: Lurker Z
Turn 154: Eric Blank
Turn 155: Kesperan
Turn 156: Quantum Drop
Turn 157: Maloy <- Current Turn
Turn 158: AvolitionBrit
Turn 159: Dikbutdagrate
Turn 160: Lurker Z
Turn 161: Eric Blank
Turn 162: Kesperan

Updated.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 08:21:31 am by kesperan »

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: August 27, 2024, 01:23:59 pm »

I'll be able to get started around Friday. Next couple evenings are pub and gym night, so I'll be busy until then. Will update to say when I begin. (Though I'm also fine being bumped down a week if Maloy wants to take a turn instead.)
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: August 27, 2024, 05:24:01 pm »

I'll be able to get started around Friday. Next couple evenings are pub and gym night, so I'll be busy until then. Will update to say when I begin. (Though I'm also fine being bumped down a week if Maloy wants to take a turn instead.)
Best to wait I'm working a kind of hard week this one and next so me starting next friday sounds great actually

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: August 28, 2024, 09:08:13 am »

I think Eric uploaded a save named 155 but is actually turn 154. The one I have uploaded should be 155.
I think I uploaded my turn 153 as 154 for some reason. My bad.

Good luck, QD!
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: September 03, 2024, 04:23:38 am »

For Museum IV, I like the idea of having "running group artifacts" gimmick. The specific idea that came to mind, was for a large & strangely macabre pot to be ceremoniously hosted at the new museum. And any who make the pilgrimage to the 4th Museum may donate an offering of their blood.

Preserve the collective blood of the Museum's heroes together. And let that sit/ferment for like 200 years. It'd probably make for a neat attraction. Or you know, a rather interesting beverage for someone to sip.

Another idea was to build an artificial quarry of sorts, composed of tiny pebbles. And have this be located on top of a world's tallest  mountain peak. The pebbles being of a specific variety that can only be conveniently found only at the foot of the mountains base. Have an adventurer camp / quantum stockpile pedestal located at the highest mountain top to place all the pebbles. Or maybe just have the museum be located right there at the top of the mountain, idk. Provided the hike back down from the mountains isn't too long, that might be neat.

Since trees don't grow on mountains at all (for some reason) all lumber would have to be carried through the mountains in order to construct the mead hall located at the top. I mean, adv fort and mining is an option, or just spawning lumber, but I like the idea of its physical construction also being a group effort, rather than just its lore.

Build a world map spanning minecart impulse ramp track going from the foot of the mountain range all the way up to the tallest peak on the entire plane.

With the speed afforded by premium, there's a lot of whacky stuff we could get away with.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2024, 01:44:02 am by dikbutdagrate »

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: September 12, 2024, 03:31:54 pm »

Any word, QD?
Have put the save on dffd; Will link when I get back to my computer

EDIT; https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=17194
« Last Edit: September 12, 2024, 04:10:19 pm by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: September 13, 2024, 02:01:15 pm »

Any word, QD?
Have put the save on dffd; Will link when I get back to my computer

EDIT; https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=17194

Thank you
I should be able to start tomorrow

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: September 14, 2024, 02:20:42 pm »

I'm thinking on my turn I might start up a new character. I recently found out that vamp curse doesn't require a creature to be intelligent, only that they have [CAN_LEARN], which also includes [SLOW_LEARNER]s.

I'm open to suggestions, but I'm thinking of playing a vampire mountain gnome, or vampire troglodyte. And then go spelunking around some of the forts and various wonders listed on the front page.

Actually, now that I mention the front page, maybe I should go back to work on my wall? Its documented as existing, but it completely sucks.
So perhaps I should focus on getting that thing to be umm... not complete trash, haha. Because right now, the wall is just a narrow single tile spanning line of garbage.
I just need to bite the bullet and work on it, and get it up to spec.

Originally I wanted the wall to be a continent spawning "space bridge", like the one I made in one of my old 47.05 saves. Instead of a "space elevator", the big thing just went flat-ways - instead of turn-ways, and it cleaved through a significant enough part of the sky box that it was able to puncture a hole into space. This "hole" resulted in the atmosphere getting sucked out of the local biome for awhile. Freezing rivers, eyeballs, dwarves, necromancer elephant men, etc.

I would have a space bridge up and running already, but I was reminded of the weird lag that can be caused a nexus of multiple adv camps, which Rumrusher explained to me, is due to weird stuff that happens with animal people population spawns. I had forgotten about this piece of trivia until I had already started construction, and I went and checked back on my old space bridge save, to see how I made thing, and was reminded that some of the adv-forts in the chain were basically fps blackholes.  So in the interest of not completely and utterly tanking FPS into the negatives around the general vicinity / biome region surrounding the hungry aching woods, we are stuck stapling regular forts together, instead adv camps. Which is a slower process, surprisingly, due to the restrictions on planning construction while in fort mode when building upward.

There might be a way to plan things out and build them faster, but as of now, I'm not aware of it.

But overall, the worst part about this sort of endeavor in this particular save is that more time will actually be spent saving, than actually constructing the forts!
Gotta find some sort of manageable middle ground solution.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 03:06:16 pm by dikbutdagrate »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: September 14, 2024, 03:19:05 pm »

In all of your messing around did you do something to affect to climate? I noticed in at least two of my forts that it seemed a lot colder than in previous turns.
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273