Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 458058 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #4050 on: August 05, 2024, 10:27:14 am »

Does this also mean that the worldgen necromancers like Cog and Oddom will be back too?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: August 05, 2024, 10:38:47 am »

Yes, but I'm starting to think this all happens in the abstract side as far as adventure mode is concerned. I notice that Pis reclaimed Mabkor, but I didn't encounter him when that vampire was rampaging. I think as far as adventure mode is concerned, they're "ghosts" until they can act off the map.

Also, if you want your historical figures back in Fortress Mode, you should be very, very careful when a new migrant wave arrives, as well as when traveling troupes arrive. Most will arrive without a body and will die shortly unless healed from df-hack. I've had no berserkers arrive, but I had some come with melancholy, which I had to heal from gui/gm-editor (turn mood to -1). The blighted thralls are more tricky, because even if they arrive without a body and will easily die to one shot, they stay at the edge of the map and stop any new arrivals. You need to either station a military there; or heal the thrall when there are no other creature nearby, let it move a few tiles, then "exterminate this". It won't actually kill them, but it will stuck them in their place.

Random entry that appears when I search for Lurker in Legends Mode:

« Last Edit: August 05, 2024, 01:40:06 pm by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: August 05, 2024, 03:08:37 pm »

I wonder if Dikbut can shed some light on this. This looks like the result of memory hacking.

If it causes crashes or game breaking bugs we could have a problem. If it’s just weird quirkiness then there’s not a lot we can do but embrace the madness.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: August 05, 2024, 03:59:11 pm »

The sudden revival of every major evil figure in the world does sound like a great set up for a final apocalypse lol

too bad steam adventure mode is still not fully released

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: August 05, 2024, 04:12:54 pm »

I wonder if Dikbut can shed some light on this. This looks like the result of memory hacking.

If it causes crashes or game breaking bugs we could have a problem. If it’s just weird quirkiness then there’s not a lot we can do but embrace the madness.
I only had two crashes in adventure mode, which from what I remember from the experiences of others playing, is par for the course. Once it was when I alt-tabbed (I'm not sure why something like that would happen) and another it was stuck indefinitely in the quick travel map in the western part of Mabkor: I had to end the game from Task Manager after 30 minutes of letting it load. I actually had no crash in 10 years of Fortress Mode... which is weird, because I used to have at least one or two before this turn. I did have a stuck dwarf where I could build under her and wouldn't move even after teleported; I'm not sure what that was about. The only thing I worry about is that someone who doesn't use dfhack is going to have a very nasty experience in Fortress Mode in regards to migrants.

One thing I do suggest is NEVER build a floor over tiles that could grow trees. I think trees growing through floors is an instant crash.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: August 05, 2024, 06:02:09 pm »

Dreamypuzzled failed to resurrect itself only for someone else to do it for it? :o

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: August 05, 2024, 07:52:57 pm »

Dreamypuzzled appears to be one of the lucky ones:

In 1129, late spring, (5th of Felsite)  The Knowing Deceiver attacked The Oar of Drilling of  The Page of Tiredness at Thiefguild. Leader of the attack was Dreamypuzzled, and the defenders were led by the dwarf Dakost Gildtufted during The Savage Attack as part of The Fierce War.
In 1129, late spring, (5th of Felsite) Dreamypuzzled settled in Thiefguild during The 1st Conquest of Thiefguild as a result of The Scorching Assault as part of The Fierce War

Wow, it moved 1k goblins there. That's most of its civ's population. It can even be played as in adventure mode.

When it comes to resurrection, it's really a case by case basis. From eyeballing it, I'd say 75% of all historical figures were resurrected, but most notably some weren't. Also, we seem to have a low-key global war on our hands. Omon Obin has razed a Ribiromimi settlement. A human civ is at war with a dwarven civ. And there are many other brushfire battles going on from time to time out of nowhere.

Humans and dwarves that had the bad luck of dying of old age just die of old age after about a year or two after they return. Humans and dwarves who died violently, but were immortal, have the good luck to remain alive, if their old wounds don't kill them again.

Shoveth doesn't seem to have been resurrected. Like I said, you have to check anyone you're interested in to see if they got lucky or not.

...and you insta-die when possessing it. As I suspected, the resurrected are bodyless. I already knew that as they returned bodyless in fortress mode. I also strongly suspect that you can't meet them in adventure mode as they remain "abstract" characters that can only be moved by the game off-map or in fortress mode. It looks like the only way to get historical characters back in adventure mode is to possess them and then heal them in adventure mode.

Aaaaaaand full-heal -r doesn't resurrect her. At least we have a desc-

Wait, what do you mean "she"? Legends Viewer clearly says Dreamypuzzled the original demon is genderless.

I've tried all the combinations I can think of, full-heal just doesn't work. Maybe remaking the body from gui/gm-editor? But that's way too much work for me.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2024, 08:24:13 pm by Lurker Z »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: August 05, 2024, 08:36:34 pm »

Maybe swapping the historical figure association to a living or unliving body? Like with what dikbut did with faci?

I haven't started an adventurer yet, I'm still processing what's going on and what characters I theoretically have available. Maybe one of the dead ones if they've been resurrectsd.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: August 06, 2024, 02:16:47 am »

Madness? You ain't seen nuthin' yet boi. I got plans you see. Big plans. BIG PLANS. Mmmhmm. Yes, sir. 

See lookie ere', I done been extractin my mind for thought, and it wasnt looking so good, but! It now seems like it do. So, I got me to yous a big ol' surprise party plan, one which I is aspirin' to beholden to you for. And yous all truely is infighted. Matter of fact, makes that a mandatory. You see up in em swerly starribidy jibs up in the devine ether? The big one? Yeah well, I gots me a fixin for 1 of those. And guess what? Its gonna kick-ass and make me a movie star. Thats right. The Sun.

Now you aint gont no scored as the parent and such, what with my "sun" up over yonder shining like one of em gold Cincinnati bowling roller coaster trophy's; like as seen as what in the bowling. But you should. Cause then I would receive the gold medal for love. Like love from mother Earth, but made out of fire, and madder than all hell. I know ma sun will make them a name for hisself one day. el be a world famous trucker. Or maybe I'll spot him one night in the battle cage, a born scrapper, x'acutin a perfect rear naked choke on Tim "The Maine-iac" Sylvia, after breakin out of my hoon-science distelamatory, where I perform the sacred rights which rehabilitate my brake fluid - into holy wine.
       And I'll softly whisper, "That's my boy..."

And if any of whcih you is done gone and take my sun, I will find you. And by my eyes, is you gonna get CURSED
And then lets you us me see what kind of damn planit is you gonna sit on after I turns it into a damn oversized popseecone? Cuz guess what?
YOU ISN'T!

But more to the point of what you is askin me about. Hell, once I construcify me the sun ib my yard, shinin, you is gonna have all the damn light you is gona want to partake in.
However, but you is gon hav to pay me for it thoh.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2024, 04:45:03 am by dikbutdagrate »

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: August 06, 2024, 10:10:25 pm »

I've tried all the combinations I can think of, full-heal just doesn't work. Maybe remaking the body from gui/gm-editor? But that's way too much work for me.

Apologies for the double post, wanted to respond without diluting the content of my above post. Which I only vaguely remember writing, and its intentions are somewhat unclear, even to myself.

But yes, as some of you appear to have observed, the coming of the Sun heralds with it the dawning of a new age. It is inevitable. The trivial distortions you see, of little import, wrought now upon the fabric of time are but a prelude to the age of the Sun.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2024, 12:37:47 am by dikbutdagrate »

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: August 07, 2024, 10:06:26 am »

Hey dikbutdagrate, I have a few questions, if you could help me:

What was your adventurer's name, so I can put him/her on the wiki?

What should I refer you on the wiki as the Overseer? I've been going with Overseer dikbutdagrate, if you're ok with it that's fine, but if you want to use a different name let me know.

Thanks.

I've had an extreme idea for reviving Dreamypuzzled. Go to where he's supposed to be, drop a fortress on him, then heal him. Hopefully, that sticks into adventure mode.

There's something I forgot to mention on my observations on the Anti-Rupture. NO adventurers of the Museum seem to have been brought back in the event.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2024, 11:58:42 am by Lurker Z »

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: August 07, 2024, 03:05:23 pm »

Hey dikbutdagrate, I have a few questions, if you could help me:

What was your adventurer's name, so I can put him/her on the wiki?

What should I refer you on the wiki as the Overseer? I've been going with Overseer dikbutdagrate, if you're ok with it that's fine, but if you want to use a different name let me know.

Thanks.
That's awesome, thank you! I've been wanting to add him to the wiki, but something didn't feel right about my attempt at providing a base-line objective overview of the character. The entry would be much more entertaining if it were written by someone who had no idea who he was. Who simply had to cobble together rumors about their supposed existence.

The character's name when last seen: Weenie le Puu Ishlumfikod Ir. I recall at one point this title was translated as "the new?" As it stands, Weenie's title has now been inherited from Fací, after sewing his soul into one of the old fire, and is now Fonecaci Nifi or "Glowguilds the Bejewled."  As for his profession, as edgy as it may sound, he is a "Dragonlord" necromancer, at present. And while his tile is rendered as purple, his description may not actually refer to him as a necromancer.

Overseer works fine!

When last seen in bear-man form:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I had intended to keep my previous form around, you know, as a backup, but uh.... Fací had other ideas. And utterly melted my original body, totally. Not even a scrap of it left.
And while I can always bring it back, of course, I sort of like it this way? I just wish I had a way to talk in game. Having the Mouth of Weenie speak for me would have been neat. Well, there is still a way for that to happen, but that'll take me a number of hours to do, and its annoying.

There's something I forgot to mention on my observations on the Anti-Rupture. NO adventurers of the Museum seem to have been brought back in the event.
Mmhmm. For now. Give it time.
In the Sun's light, they shall become one.

Maybe swapping the historical figure association to a living or unliving body? Like with what dikbut did with faci?

I haven't started an adventurer yet, I'm still processing what's going on and what characters I theoretically have available. Maybe one of the dead ones if they've been resurrected.

I could sew one of your character's souls into a Roc. I'll do that for you, before you start your turn. I'll even sew your character's severed original face onto the Roc for you. I mean, what else are friends for?

I still got at least one megabeast flying around, somewhere, presumably near by. 
You want to take over Islas? I was probably just going to pawn him off on the nearest sucker well to do traveler, since he keeps disturbing my other experiments.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2024, 04:48:04 pm by dikbutdagrate »

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: August 07, 2024, 04:48:31 pm »

Ah, it was Winnie? I knew he existed, but I didn't know he was yours. I've lost track of the adventurers since halfway through the thread. Thanks for telling me.

As for the article, I don't mind someone else writing him. I'd just write on what Legends Viewer says, which is pretty stale to be honest. "Winnie is first attested in year X. In month X he went there. I month Y he went there. In month Z he retired somewhere. The end." I don't have much flare to write someone else's story unless I surmise their log from the thread. I don't mind subjective views on characters. I just needed to know who to put in the before/after of Lurker's turn.

By the Overseer name, I meant I use Overseer Lurker for myself. Do you want me to use Overseer dikbutdagrate, Overseer dik, Overseer Winnie or something else for you?

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: August 08, 2024, 04:37:38 am »

By the Overseer name, I meant I use Overseer Lurker for myself. Do you want me to use Overseer dikbutdagrate, Overseer dik, Overseer Winnie or something else for you?

Ah, okay. Yeah let go with uh... "The Black Rain Cloud, Winnie"

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: August 11, 2024, 08:14:45 pm »

Ive finished my turn; https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=17163

Write-up of what i did is mostly done too. Add me to the back of the list again.

Hold on, that links to a different file somehow and my file is gone? Im reuploading, whatever happened to DFFD last night must have borked it

links fixed
« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 05:06:49 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273