Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 273

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 458073 times)

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #4035 on: July 29, 2024, 03:08:47 am »

My turn has concluded.

Some things in this world may have changed. No big deal.
Something might be up with the sun.  Again, no big deal.

Bralbaard, your gremlin Awi is "alive" again. And has also been improved. I'll get you to sign some paperwork later. Again... no big deal. Just some forms, saying you may, and currently do, owe me stuff. You might just have to Fed-Ex me like a sandwhich, or you know, 18 metric shipping tons of honey or something, IRL.
AGAIN, no big deal!

-----
Made a couple of forts this time. The first one was a human fortress. It ended with our first wave of migrant wave. You can figure out the details of that based on the following image.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Made a second fort up in this relatively undisturbed biome. Went for a pretty whacky embark location. Also, I can see why it was left alone. This place is kind of the worst, lol.

But I made sure we embarked with only the finest kitchenware. (No DFhack here, this stuffs in here.)
Best / lightest weight pots in the game right here.

Forgot to take pictures of the fort, but it didn't go so well, as only one person is left now running the unfinished rose gold castle structure, all alone.

Oh, this happened on the 1st of Spring 1130.
And this is the only event of note listed in legends for the new age.

In addition to Weenie le Puu's new groove, we got this guy up and about again.
This is us taking selfies together.
This is me, as an undead dragon necromancer, riding Snuko's corpse through the air. (Snuko has a bit an issue with his bowels, they sort of drag alongside him.)

Bralbaard, you and Snuko didn't get along very well after I brought you back, so you may have uhh... lost an arm? I wasn't really paying attention, and I wasn't able to find it when I went looking for it out in the woods. So, I hope you like what I did with your flesh! However, we're going to need you to sign up for some kind of an illegal unethical payment plan before we do any further alterations, unfortunately. 

----
Here is the save file, and good luck to whoever's turn is up next!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CTnehUrNQMb8HMtoyebH2tWdkb72Cve-/view?usp=drive_link

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: July 29, 2024, 04:42:34 am »

Thanks Dikbut.

The change of age will be because of the resurrected dragon and roc I guess.

Turn 153 should be Lurker Z, if they are available?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: July 29, 2024, 11:02:08 am »

Made a couple of forts this time. The first one was a human fortress. It ended with our first wave of migrant wave. You can figure out the details of that based on the following image.
Glad you had fun. Yes, that's a weird interaction I too encountered in human fort. I just exterminate them via dfhack, but they invariably return.

I've got the save, I hope no one minds I'll start with a fortress to mine silver for a project.

Some stuff from the wiki: I present to you the 15th hundred article. Whoo, it's been a long time. I was planning on slowing down now that I'm sure the wiki has enough self-sustaining articles to keep it on the internet forever, but I'm on a roll so there's really no reason to stop. One of the pleasant things is that in that article, around half the wikilinks are blue, something that a few years ago would have been impossible.

On the statistics side, Avolition has finally surpassed Bralbaard in number of link two-three months ago. At 90 links, he's still 50 links away from Moldath with 140. Moldath has really put his mark on Orid Xem in all possible ways.

See more stats here.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2024, 12:30:49 pm by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: July 29, 2024, 03:41:28 pm »

Glad you had fun. Yes, that's a weird interaction I too encountered in human fort. I just exterminate them via dfhack, but they invariably return.

I've got the save, I hope no one minds I'll start with a fortress to mine silver for a project.

Some stuff from the wiki: I present to you the 15th hundred article. Whoo, it's been a long time. I was planning on slowing down now that I'm sure the wiki has enough self-sustaining articles to keep it on the internet forever, but I'm on a roll so there's really no reason to stop. One of the pleasant things is that in that article, around half the wikilinks are blue, something that a few years ago would have been impossible.

On the statistics side, Avolition has finally surpassed Bralbaard in number of link two-three months ago. At 90 links, he's still 50 links away from Moldath with 140. Moldath has really put his mark on Orid Xem in all possible ways.

See more stats here.

That's wild! I suppose I'm obligated to update whatever the hell is going on with some of the megabeasts. And maybe update the entry for the sun?
 https://dflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Fac%C3%AD_Fonecaci_Nifi

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: July 29, 2024, 04:51:12 pm »

Anyone's welcomed to edit. Go ahead and add whatever you think best.

My turn is going well-ish. I have bad news, I went to Mabkor and a vampire went wild, killing at the very least dozens of people. I finally confronted and defeated it, but there are a lot of bodies around there. I'm back in my mining town. It turned out that Ulosothro also had good silver deposits, but since I started the Mine of Silver, I might as well give it a chance to grow.

Blighted thralls and werecreatures are invading my fort as settlers, it's an adventure! I have to heal the thralls so they can move so they can let other settlers come, then exterminate them... they don't actually die, but they disappear off the map if I retire. The werecreatures infected some of my original dwarves humans, so I had to put down 2-3 people for every infected.

I forgot how frustrating is playing a Museum modified human fort. I can't make squads, I can't appoint nobles. I stole five guards from the human caravan with tweak makeown and they just laze around. I think the fortress needs to be retired and unretired to make them part of it. There's been no dwarven caravan so far. Well, I'll endure. Worst come to worst I'll unretire a dwarf fortress and do the things I need there.

First crash. Lovely. Lost about an hour of work.

So this is interesting... and concerning. Demolishing pre-generated walls and then building others over them... regenerates the walls and puts the raw materials over/in them?... This is a large thorn in my plans.

Meanwhile, more random killings in Mabkor and... whatever the hell this is (the killer is the one saying it, by the way):

I may have accidentally discovered why items scatter in Boltspumpkin. I was running around with advfort active and it says the keep is not in the site.

I don't know how that interacts with anything, as it does not let me quick travel from that zone.

In unrelated news, I think I discovered why a certain area of Weatherponder takes 10 minutes to load. I thought it was all the junk lying around - which might contribute - but it appears that once you load the area, an underground volcano "spills" to the east. It appears to be the bug where the game, on unretire (I never unretired the site because it wasn't mine) insists on flooding the tiles liquids are in - were in at world generation - even if there should be no way for that flood to actually occur. This is wild.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2024, 04:23:16 pm by Lurker Z »

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: August 02, 2024, 05:12:39 am »

Sign me up for another turn.

I have plans for the construction of the Sun. And an idea for where I shall keep it; and from whence it will shine.

A caution to those who would devise plans to steal it: Disturb not the Sun.
Its radiant splendor shines upon the whole of the world. For it is a gift to all.
A curse upon thee and thine who would rob the world of sight.
Woe upon the unbegotten children; who shall never bake beneath its honey-sweetened golden rays, or look upon a pale blue sky.
Cursed shall be the world; for all shall be entombed in somber dark; and nevermore shall be the light.

edit: Never-mind. The idea will possibly corrupt the passage of time. Sign me up for another turn anyway though.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 01:17:52 am by dikbutdagrate »

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: August 04, 2024, 06:37:21 pm »

Welcome to the year 1140! (part 1 and part 2). I uploaded in two parts, but apparently it wasn't necessary because

Maximum file size allowed: 1000 MB

DFFD apparently doubled the file size limit.

I haven't done much in adventure mode. My fight with that crazed vampire, Kikrost Toolprince the Defended Tangles was the highlight of my adventures, so I brought the body of the Scourge of Mabkor to the second floor of the Museum. Just like the blighted thralls however, it was not his fault for his actions, but the one who poisoned him with Asmel's foul blood.

My plan was to give some improvements to Mabkor and Boltspumpkin, but alas, it turned out that leaving the site resets it to the time before the editing.

As for fortresses, I've recovered Shadmalzuglar from the brink of ruin. It only had two inhabitants, mayor and her husband, so I made her baroness and later countess. The other half of my turn I reclaimed Stizashathel. It's really an amazing fortress.

Lore-wise, what they did was dig deep, found a volcano caldera smack in the middle of their attempted fortress... and continued to build inside that caldera. Then they drained the highest part of the volcano and built the deep roads over it.

In-game wise, what happened was the same phenomenon as with Edëmtusung, where world generation found a volcano in the middle of its planned construction, erased what was in the way and built the fortress and the deep roads where it was programmed to.

It does make for an amazing fortress and I hope people visit it. It's also close to Crownhall. I didn't push for capital because I just don't like playing with more than 50 dwarves.

Good luck to the next turn! Ah, and add me at the end of the list, thanks.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 08:53:04 pm by Lurker Z »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: August 04, 2024, 06:44:49 pm »

Thanks Lurker.

That is a bit of unexpected news with the 1Gb file size limit. That should mean we can avoid google drive at least for another few turns!

In the continued and worried absence of the eternal King Bralbaard, I have consulted the turn list and it looks like this:

Turn 154: Eric Blank (current turn)
Turn 155: Kesperan
Turn 156: Quantum Drop
Turn 159: Maloy
Turn 160: AvolitionBrit
Turn 161: Dikbutdagrate
Turn 162: Lurker Z

So I guess that makes it Eric's turn, should he be in a position to play.

Edit: put Maloy back on the list where he should have been. I think.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 09:05:33 pm by kesperan »

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: August 04, 2024, 07:31:31 pm »

I think I discovered something big. Either by bug or by intention, all historical figures who are not mortal (elves, goblins, trolls etc.) who died are now roaming Orid Xem again as living, breathing beings. I tip my non-existent hat to the absolute madlad who did this, if it was on purpose.

What do we even call this? The Anti-Rapture?

It looks like this is true in a majority of cases, but in some exceptions where the creatures were executed or died in battle, they remained dead. But from all I can see, this does seem like a mass resurrection rather than each creature being resurrected individually.

...the 95k living goblins should have tipped me off...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 08:06:40 pm by Lurker Z »

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: August 04, 2024, 08:13:49 pm »

throw me on the turn list again

where should I be on the list?

Very cool anti-rapture! Would be a very interesting development for my wolf man considering his mourning of all his mortal friends!

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: August 04, 2024, 08:38:55 pm »

I just realized, but it slipped my mind. This might explain the many bodyless migrants who arrived at my forts. I had to heal them all since they would died of their non-existent bodies. So, if these bodyless creatures are a result of the Anti-Rapture, does this mean the game recognized their IDs, but doesn't know how to make them a body? What happens when you run into one of these resurrected bodyless creatures in adventure mode? In fort mode, they almost certainly drop dead in a few out-of-game seconds unless healed.

Well, Maloy, unless you had a lot of elf or goblin friends who happened to die, you're out of luck. There seem to be a few dwarves and humans who are resurrected, but they die of old age in Legends Mode at the start of 1130.

Yes, they just drop dead. That explains the streets and houses filled with bodies in Mabkor. I thought it was the crazed vampire, but no, it was old age.

Another interesting observation. Whatever it was done to them, the resurrected are all part of the groups they were when living. This might seem odd to some, but when someone dies, they lose the connection with their old groups. So even if you bring them as undead, they'll be brought with no affiliation.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 08:47:19 pm by Lurker Z »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: August 04, 2024, 09:06:26 pm »

where should I be on the list?

Fixed!

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: August 04, 2024, 09:11:11 pm »

I think I discovered something big. Either by bug or by intention, all historical figures who are not mortal (elves, goblins, trolls etc.) who died are now roaming Orid Xem again as living, breathing beings. I tip my non-existent hat to the absolute madlad who did this, if it was on purpose.

This could have some very strange consequences. Sounds like Dikbut’s resurrection of the dragon has had some unintended effects…

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: August 04, 2024, 09:19:21 pm »

Im downloading the save now.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: August 04, 2024, 09:33:33 pm »

Good luck, Eric!

By the way, did you know that if elves have children as members of your fort, they'll name them after dwarven naming conventions? I didn't until now. ... which makes sense, since there are humans with goblin naming conventions even before world activation. How else would they get those names? D'oh!

On a very related note, Kikrost the Elf now exists. You're welcome.

Wait... Asmel is now alive... ahaha... AHAHAHA! So that's why Ilrallenod was full of already discovered vampires when I wanted to unretire it, then I skedaddled right out of there. I thought someone had infected a lot of Adilatír dwarves. Those aren't newly turned vamps, those are ancient vamps from the dawn of time. Ahaha... AHAHAHA! *laughs in gibberish*

So the first time someone arrives in Ilrallenod, it'll trigger a bloodbath, because these are revealed vampires that are declared enemies of Adilatír. That's one way to kickstart the apocalypse.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 09:55:51 pm by Lurker Z »
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 273