Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 265

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 421340 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3855 on: February 08, 2024, 06:49:33 am »

Legends Mode Recap:

Realm of Silver: the line of Gloryage has ended. The last scion Umci Gloryage died at the age of 65 leaving no heir. A blighted thrall now rules Silverthrone.  :(

The High Confederacies: The were-cat Uci Notchedgrows is the new Law-giver as of 1080, following the death of famed gnome-slayer Gebdum Breachbreaths.

The Walled Dye: The current king of The Walled Dye is Olon Gateelders, and he is very old. He had an only daughter in Treatyseed in 1066, Ber Silverycraze, and it appears his wife died a short while after. Sadly, Ber foolishly decided to assault the goblin stronghold of Dreadruled alone aged 12, clashing with 4881 trolls with predictable results. The kings and queens of the other three dwarven clans are all necromancers. We could see a new King of The Walled Dye soon.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: February 08, 2024, 06:30:17 pm »

I for one have some charcters to create some chaos in the world.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: February 08, 2024, 07:11:46 pm »

Legends Mode Recap:

Realm of Silver: the line of Gloryage has ended. The last scion Umci Gloryage died at the age of 65 leaving no heir. A blighted thrall now rules Silverthrone.  :(

The High Confederacies: The were-cat Uci Notchedgrows is the new Law-giver as of 1080, following the death of famed gnome-slayer Gebdum Breachbreaths.

The Walled Dye: The current king of The Walled Dye is Olon Gateelders, and he is very old. He had an only daughter in Treatyseed in 1066, Ber Silverycraze, and it appears his wife died a short while after. Sadly, Ber foolishly decided to assault the goblin stronghold of Dreadruled alone aged 12, clashing with 4881 trolls with predictable results. The kings and queens of the other three dwarven clans are all necromancers. We could see a new King of The Walled Dye soon.

oh jeez, the world is really becoming what I thought it was gonna become,

it's devolving into a world where the constant war between the undead (vampires and zombies (infected ghouls and reanimated undead) and necromancer experiments) the werebeasts (or rather primarily the werecats) and the goblins are constantly at war with each other to try and take over or take control of the world for themselves in-order to bring law, order and peace (or their own form of it, or their own form of control over the entire world looking at the goblins) to the world to bring a end to the chaos, and there being in this world only being a few remnants of non-werebeast or vampiric infected humans and/or dwarves and maybe elves (or maybe the elves and the goblins will be the only majority populations that have a majority of non-vampirified or werebeastified elves and goblins) to struggle for their survival and not submit to vampiric or werebeast infection or worse, ghoulification
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 07:13:32 pm by WonderPsycho »
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: February 08, 2024, 07:21:44 pm »

I need to post stories but ive been keeping the goblin population down. They always bounce back

Drunken scholar

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: February 10, 2024, 06:19:57 am »

Listing what we got so far:

Villains:
Blighted leaders who took over Realm of Silver
Reincarnated Pis the demon
Father of Howling Freaks
Dark Gnomes
Potentially the dwarf necromancers in dwarf civs

Heroes:
Adventurers of course

Threats:
Goblins are still poised to eventually conquer the earth through sheer numbers
Blight has become an insidious problem that now rules a whole human kingdom
The forces of the underworld underneath the earth

Allies:
Realm of Silver not under blight control
Walled Dye Dwarves
Angels
Maybe the elves since they're recently freed from goblin control?
(We can have people from our favorite forts and cities involved too as representatives)

I'm sure there are plenty of others I am just listing
Idk about you guys, but I can already see the set up for an incredibly apocalyptic battle lol

I feel that if we do this we probably all gotta be okay with loved characters dying. Especially if your adventurer is a villain and that kind of conflict would occur

I got two ideas for setting this up:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 06:22:34 am by Maloy »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: February 10, 2024, 08:28:43 am »

One thing I wanted to do at the end was let the game run itself by changing the timeskip during creation to something like 100 or 1000. Then exploring the world to see what happened in 1000 years and what has become of the world.

Drunken scholar

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: February 10, 2024, 08:44:34 am »

Dreamypuzzled could come back again using the same reincarnation method as before. But I don't want to put in the effort. If someone else wants to be Dreamypuzzled #3, be my guest.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: February 10, 2024, 06:53:21 pm »

Listing what we got so far:

Villains:
Blighted leaders who took over Realm of Silver
Reincarnated Pis the demon
Father of Howling Freaks
Dark Gnomes
Potentially the dwarf necromancers in dwarf civs

Heroes:
Adventurers of course

Threats:
Goblins are still poised to eventually conquer the earth through sheer numbers
Blight has become an insidious problem that now rules a whole human kingdom
The forces of the underworld underneath the earth

Allies:
Realm of Silver not under blight control
Walled Dye Dwarves
Angels
Maybe the elves since they're recently freed from goblin control?
(We can have people from our favorite forts and cities involved too as representatives)

I'm sure there are plenty of others I am just listing
Idk about you guys, but I can already see the set up for an incredibly apocalyptic battle lol

I feel that if we do this we probably all gotta be okay with loved characters dying. Especially if your adventurer is a villain and that kind of conflict would occur

I got two ideas for setting this up:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I personally won't mind the adventurers I retired on my last turn being killed off in the midst of the event and such

Civs+ Mod

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: February 10, 2024, 06:54:35 pm »

also hey, I feel free enough to play another turn on here, add me to the turn list again

Civs+ Mod

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: February 15, 2024, 01:57:46 am »

Unfortunately I'm going to have to cancel my current turn. PC's developed some issues and I don't know how long it'll be in the repair shop. Apologies for the late notice.  :(
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: February 15, 2024, 11:19:33 am »

That’s a shame, I was looking forward to your update. Hope you get it sorted.

Looks like Maloy is up next, if they are free?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: February 15, 2024, 02:35:17 pm »

That’s a shame, I was looking forward to your update. Hope you get it sorted.

Looks like Maloy is up next, if they are free?
Hopefully it'll be done in a week or two - problem's been found, so I'm just waiting on the specific part needed.

For the meantime I'd like to be added back to the turnlist, and wish Maloy good luck with their turn. (Assuming they're free, of course.)

I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: February 15, 2024, 02:39:53 pm »

Yeah! I can start tomorrow or saturday I'll post when I download the save.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: February 17, 2024, 01:33:49 pm »

Downloaded and exploring around.
For some reason it says the entire population of Incenseorder is dead other than a few humans and my dark gnomes and self, but showing up we still got the circus of a population we had before!
Also Kesp's earlier entry mentioned me in Bismuth Bronze so I thought he was posting about an old visit, but no for some reason I lost all my blistered metal gear and I was given random Walled Dye engraved armor.

I'm planning to use this turn to actually prep for our "final battle" we are thinking on.

Story wise is there anyone interested or have any good ideas about how or why this is gonna happen? Like if it's gonna incorporate the blight, demons and goblin hordes what is happening exactly? I know QD and Kesperan are some of our masterwork writers here, but no pressure lol

EDIT: Y'all really did some shenanigans in Makbor lol

Also what an insane conicidence. A few turns ago I recruited random goblin soldiers from a dark fortress to be soldiers that wouldn't die of old age.
Turns out one of them was a soldier in Pis' army that occupied Incenseorder originally. She's also one of the most ancient goblins I've met and has declared herself a warlord
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 04:44:44 pm by Maloy »

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: February 17, 2024, 09:09:17 pm »

I'm planning to use this turn to actually prep for our "final battle" we are thinking on.

Story wise is there anyone interested or have any good ideas about how or why this is gonna happen? Like if it's gonna incorporate the blight, demons and goblin hordes what is happening exactly? I know QD and Kesperan are some of our masterwork writers here, but no pressure lol
I was actually thinking on that a while ago, and I've come up with two draft scenarios so far. They're both very rough outlines and I'm open to criticism or fresh ideas on them, particularly from others who want to contribute heroes/villains to the final battle:

I'll see if I can come up with other scenarios as I go.

EDIT: Y'all really did some shenanigans in Makbor lol
That's certainly not ominous sounding at all...[/list]
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 265