Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 265

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 430597 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #2475 on: November 10, 2022, 05:59:33 pm »

Well, seeing as I've had the fortune of your turn to be shortly before mine, I continue to wish you well in completing it (save often!), maybe I won't be forced to flee like a thief in the night from my hopeful home in Seņamatem, because yes I plan to start from there and I've learned my lesson to just run from the blight. Props to (off the top of my head) Bralbaard, Maloy and Leto for doing that when I foolishly rushed in to confront it last time.

I'll be doubly sure to make Seņamatem safe! It should be after all, considering that Ralkalur (Silverthrone) is on the same map tile. I might actually expand a 'new district' for Weatherponder and just build a sprawling city like you might get in world gen at some point. I'm definitely fixated at building up the Realm of Silver from here on.

I guess the Law-giver of silver has the Fecund trait. Perhaps the once two sibling war might become more muddy. I wonder what god this heir worships. Looking forward to seeing what becomes of your turn. Please save and make backups as i would hate to see you lose more progress.

This one's a worshipper of Bikda and Loli. I haven't quite decided how I'll go about things with their succession just yet, at least not story-wise. Jas may yet live for a while longer so I suppose I'll deal with it as it comes, though Irka certainly has the ambition, I don't feel they'd straight up fell their father. Even if they take things down a darker path, they have the best intentions for the Realm in mind.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 06:03:20 pm by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: November 10, 2022, 06:40:32 pm »

FYI there is no measure of fertility stat, fertility is a binary, you're either fertile or sterile. So characters can absolutely give birth to a kid and then die of old age the next day. There are sexual orientations, which apply to intelligent creatures, whereupon they will not concieve a child unless they have a partner they're sexually involved with of the opposite sex, but that doesn't technically affect their fertility per se.

The only things that normally remove fertility are; being a child, getting gelded (females cannot be gelded even if they have a geldable part, I actually applied it to the lowerbody and lo and behold, it never happens for females), becoming a vampire or ghoul, dying and being resurrected/zombified, or having any other syndrome that applies the [sterile] flag or damages the geldables (in males). I could have forgotten a case of course.

Interestingly, as a recent bug pointed out, werebeast curses do not cause sterility, causing that random unpredictable/diagnosible CTD when a cursed individual gave birth while transformed.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: November 10, 2022, 06:43:07 pm »

So he Bikda the male human god of Night, Moon and Trees. Additionally worshiping Loli Fairclearing the male human deity of peace. Interesting, we will watch his carrer with great interest.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: November 11, 2022, 02:11:59 pm »

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but after my four years of fortressing, the game crashes without fail immediately when choosing to retire. . . I'll poke around for a bit and see if I can find the source of corruption. But this time it's not an issue of me forgetting to save, but something even more frustrating.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: November 11, 2022, 02:24:19 pm »

Care to share the details? what is crashing?

Drunken scholar

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: November 11, 2022, 02:27:46 pm »

The entire game client closes immediately as soon as 'Ending Game' appears, after choosing to either Retire or Abandon the fortress I was working on. There is no error log that is generated for this CTD either. However it can save without an issue.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 02:32:23 pm by Unraveller »

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: November 11, 2022, 02:55:33 pm »

That's... weird. And not the worst, I suppose. You can always upload the fort once you finish your turn and people from the thread or from places with troubleshooting can look through it and see what's wrong.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: November 11, 2022, 03:06:08 pm »

That's... weird. And not the worst, I suppose. You can always upload the fort once you finish your turn and people from the thread or from places with troubleshooting can look through it and see what's wrong.

Not certain what you mean? It's all I was doing with my turn ultimately, and fairly awful to potentially lose it. Since I can't retire or abandon, it's not as if anyone using this save could enter adventure mode, once again potentially invalidating everything done so far.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: November 11, 2022, 03:11:31 pm »

I was thinking you could upload the save as is once you finish construction in fortress mode and some people in the thread might troubleshoot how to get it working or where the problem lies? Or maybe building past a certain point in in-game time will neutralize the bugs? I'm just throwing ideas.

I remember I had issues with the FPS slowing down for no apparent reason, only to discover the game was probably calculating troop movements or war in the rest of the world, then it stabilized. Maybe it's something like that?
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: November 11, 2022, 03:14:03 pm »

I think what lurker is saying; uploading the save without retiring/abandoning it. So then we can see if it can be fixed/ammended. Not to toot my own horn and ive got a pretty beastly computer so if its a too much at once issue i might be able to resolve but sounding by it its encountering some other error that we might be able to solve.

Drunken scholar

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: November 11, 2022, 03:42:57 pm »

It seems that won't be necessary, I have delved into df hack's most arcane lore and navigated to global.world.units and individual deleted all reference to every unit in the fort, thereafter I was able to retire. Either this means there is a corrupt unit somewhere in the giant haystack, or I suppose possible the load of retiring with all of those units is too much for my PC. I'll post/edit if I find the specific unit, but it may be a while.

EDIT: Somehow, someway. . . Five regular old Reptile Men standing in a fungiwood tree in an inaccessible part of the cavern were causing this crash. I am simply unable to rationalize how this is the case. Deleting their entries allowed me to retire.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 04:33:58 pm by Unraveller »

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: November 11, 2022, 04:52:13 pm »

Our secret reptilian overlords strike again!

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: November 11, 2022, 04:53:31 pm »

It makes sense, the game hates units in occupied spaces. Atleast it was resovled. Was worried that this world was close to its end. Althought it will be interesting to see what will bring this world to its end. It has endured alot, serveal bugs, broken sites and other issues.

Drunken scholar

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: November 11, 2022, 05:02:54 pm »

I feel as if though aside from the always growing data in the game, minor corruptions like these can be solved with some determination and liberal delving into the structure with DF-Hack. Although it is quite tedious, haha. That aside, Irka is begining to lead his men to garrison the many small Omon Obin towns. Beware evil-dooers!

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: November 11, 2022, 06:03:16 pm »

the reptilian god will not be pleased you deleted his minions mid-summoning ritual. prepare for the wrath of the scales
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 265