Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 265

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 421373 times)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #1755 on: March 20, 2022, 11:31:22 am »

The wiki says intelligent undead don’t die of blood loss but I’m not sure if that’s true.

During my turn in fortress mode, one of the newly made intelligent undead was forever bleeding and was constantly being operated on. Its why Avolition got surgeon to legendary  +5 and even bralbaard got a high surgeon level. That dwarf never stopped bleeding and stayed alive after retirement. Surgery not done by an amatuer could resolve the rot.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: March 20, 2022, 12:24:45 pm »

Does anyone know how to get any more specific info from the health screen (e.x.: where rotten tissue is excised from)? I've done a couple attempts on curing the rot via surgery in fort mode (Legendary+5 all med skills via DFHack), but Moldath's died immediately after the "Excise rotten tissue" job begins. Wondering if there's any specific location it being excised from is causing this.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: March 20, 2022, 12:33:57 pm »

I guess he is rotten to the core. Did you try with soap?

As for more details, not sure if the treatment screen details the area of excisition

Drunken scholar

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: March 20, 2022, 12:40:50 pm »

I guess he is rotten to the core. Did you try with soap?

As for more details, not sure if the treatment screen details the area of excisition
I haven't tried with soap yet; maybe that will have an effect.

EDIT: Nope! Tried with a few bars of soap at the ready and he still died seconds after the "Remove Rotten Tissue" job began.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 01:34:59 pm by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: March 20, 2022, 12:53:43 pm »

Does anyone know how to get any more specific info from the health screen (e.x.: where rotten tissue is excised from)? I've done a couple attempts on curing the rot via surgery in fort mode (Legendary+5 all med skills via DFHack), but Moldath's died immediately after the "Excise rotten tissue" job begins. Wondering if there's any specific location it being excised from is causing this.
Kills over 4000 creatures, including many megabeasts/eldritch horrors.

Dies in mock surgery.

The ways of Armok are mysterious indeed.

I guess he is rotten to the core.
Well, it's his fault for putting weird things in his mouth. Even if it wasn't that that caused it and was a syndrome rain, it's still karma rotting him whole.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: March 20, 2022, 01:45:11 pm »

I really appreciate your efforts at !!SCIENCE!! guys... wee Moldath has grown on me - a generic dwarf who gained a bit of a personality from emergent storytelling like the rot itself. I wouldn't want to get rid of the rot, just tame it somehow...

He survived surgery before, the only thing different this time is the "mangled" body parts.

The only way, I think, to save him would be to use some of the DFHack tools to remove some of these "mangled" wounds and see if a surgeon can fix him after that. I have had a look with "show-unit-syndromes", GUI/GM-editor and GM-unit and the syndrome causing the rot is nowhere to be seen. I think it must be "magic" from an intelligent undead that is causing, as beast/demon sickness would appear in the syndrome list.

Gaunt Zombies, Hollow Zombies and Rotten Slayers are all types of intelligent undead in this world that can use Rot magic, and Moldath encountered at least one Gaunt Zombie in Orbsmortals in his first turn.

The info for that magic is in the world.dat but I am no modder. Need a big brain like Atomic Chicken to have a look!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: March 20, 2022, 02:03:02 pm »

I can take a look. Observe the title under my avatar.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: March 20, 2022, 02:04:20 pm »

Had a quick look at the World.sav for Gaunt Zombies; here's the code behind their necrosis-causing spell:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This might explain why it's not showing up in show-unit-syndrome (threw an error when I tried using it) or the GM editor; it would have burned out three or so ticks after rotting most of his body. I'm willing to wager the rest of the necrosis magics and material syndromes are similar.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 02:08:17 pm by Quantum Drop »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: March 20, 2022, 02:18:01 pm »

The other lieutenant-caused syndromes should be the same as that one. You must have been hit quite a few times, since as I recall, the rot doesn't proceed that quickly.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: March 20, 2022, 03:44:14 pm »

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15863

Here's the save, no use hanging onto it since I'll go back to work tomorrow. I honestly did more than I thought I would, but it also reminded me what a slog Fortress Mode is. I love the game, its story and its worlds, but when going down to the gritty, I'm starting to see why successful long-running forts are those that last years-in-real-time and multiple game versions: it's just that much of a slog.

Well, good luck to the next inhabitant in this world and add me to the turn list, please.

To future players: remember that at least Fortress Mode is full of bugs, though thankfully not game-breaking yet. In fact, from a technical point, the fort ran excellent, I had not one crash in around 5 in-game-years of playing, only what I described in previous posts (and a few more I might have forgotten to list).
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: March 20, 2022, 04:32:13 pm »

Looks like Maloys dog sadly died of old age.

Drunken scholar

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: March 20, 2022, 04:39:31 pm »

Rest in peace doggo. They had a good life and Maloy the wolf man gave 'em lotsa love.
I've lost control of my life.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: March 20, 2022, 06:51:38 pm »

The other lieutenant-caused syndromes should be the same as that one. You must have been hit quite a few times, since as I recall, the rot doesn't proceed that quickly.

That is the odd thing. The rot is persistant. It never went away. You can test this by using DFHack Full-Heal on him. Fast travel a few tiles and the rot begins again. If it is a permanent state, it must be somehow recorded and that is why it is strange to me that it doesn't appear in the list of active syndromes. He should have 11 active syndromes - one is Vampirism, 9 are various strains of necromancy, and is being a Fell One intelligent undead.

Now, from Legends Viewer, Moldath has 15 active interactions. Four of those are listed as intelligent undead "powers" which are active on him.
DEITY_CURSE_VAMPIRE_8 is fairly self explanatory - cursed by a god to be a vampire in a monastery.
The 9 secrets are the 9 flavours of necromancy Moldath has learned.
SECRET_UNDEAD_RES_40 is him being raised as a Fell One.

The ones I have highlighted in Red, which are not listed in any of the DFHack utilities, are the ones causing the issues.

Secret_98 relates to Gaunt Zombies, who Moldath fought in 807, and seemingly cursed him with Rot.
Secret_49 creates Empty Ones, who are very rare, as the slab that creates them was destroyed early in the succession game. I did find one of them in the ruins of Duskhome - Anir Pokedbent the Dimples of Dashing. Anir apparently casted Rot, Blister and Dizziness on him.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think this is proof that these are the syndromes that are causing the rot, but doesn't explain why it persists and is still making him weaker by mangling body parts decades after it happened...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 08:01:15 pm by kesperan »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: March 20, 2022, 07:15:14 pm »

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15863

Here's the save, no use hanging onto it since I'll go back to work tomorrow. I honestly did more than I thought I would, but it also reminded me what a slog Fortress Mode is. I love the game, its story and its worlds, but when going down to the gritty, I'm starting to see why successful long-running forts are those that last years-in-real-time and multiple game versions: it's just that much of a slog.

Well, good luck to the next inhabitant in this world and add me to the turn list, please.

To future players: remember that at least Fortress Mode is full of bugs, though thankfully not game-breaking yet. In fact, from a technical point, the fort ran excellent, I had not one crash in around 5 in-game-years of playing, only what I described in previous posts (and a few more I might have forgotten to list).

An eventful few years. Adilatir has had a new king, who quickly died, and now a new Queen.

Long live Queen Lorbam Minedswords!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: March 21, 2022, 02:19:05 pm »

I've finally updated the map with Bluarianknights fortress, and made some other updates.

That makes it Tonnot's turn.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 265