Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 265

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 427463 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #1725 on: March 10, 2022, 08:18:51 pm »

I see you actually beat back the hordes of bandits at swordgleamed as well? Impressive.

I have a lot of information to update..

Well, I’m not sure how legends viewer records it, but I killed all the unaffiliated apparently bandit humans and goblins and left the ones with the Omon Obin seal on their armour, who were fighting against them. It should be safer and a lot less populated than before.

For your edits of the front page: Moldath has visited Theifguild (on my second turn), Monkeycurse (2nd and 3rd turns), and Mountaincrest (3rd turn). Also you have Nogoodnames listed as a creator rather than explorer of Ashcinders.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: March 10, 2022, 08:42:44 pm »

Save will be submitted Sunday.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: March 13, 2022, 08:18:45 pm »

Scratch that, Monday - apologies for the small delay, something popped up and I'd like to finish it.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: March 14, 2022, 07:12:10 pm »

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15859

File uploaded! Might take a few days to write out my adventure - I'm still incredibly rusty, so I didn't exactly do anything memoriable..

Please put me back on the list.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: March 15, 2022, 10:24:04 am »

Got the save, here's hoping for a good run.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 10:30:42 am by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: March 15, 2022, 11:10:50 am »

Good luck Lurker
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: March 15, 2022, 12:49:06 pm »

Haha got killed during a blight incursion. Señamatem, the formerly peaceful religious hamlet, is now a body-part littered war zone.

[sarcasm] Thanks, Kosoth & Ketas. [/sarcasm]
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 12:51:58 pm by Lurker Z »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: March 15, 2022, 04:32:35 pm »

That…. Didn’t last long.

Are you building a new fort or reclaiming one of your existing ones?

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: March 15, 2022, 05:00:25 pm »

I'm planning to continue Iroram, unless I get better ideas, that's all I'll play as long as the Museum III lasts.

I'm planning to get Bomrek (my necro experiment adventurer), Kikrost and Rovod to Iroram, play the week, then seal them in their own rooms before I retire. Well, if they survive me playing the fort the week.

As for my death, I did at least get one blighted thrall and the remaining one is very wounded, plus the goblin Lady thankfully got infected by the plague and then got killed. Unfortunately, a few other humans who jumped into the fight died too. It was the original thrall that killed me, tough thing, we whacked at her I think it was, for hours. I'm surprise dawn didn't come by the time my char died.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: March 15, 2022, 06:26:09 pm »

That's an unlucky adventure. Thralls and ghouls can be very though if you encounter them early. 

I'm planning to get Bomrek (my necro experiment adventurer), Kikrost and Rovod to Iroram, play the week, then seal them in their own rooms before I retire. Well, if they survive me playing the fort the week.

Does sealing someone in their room do anything? reloading and reclaiming works differently from normal save games if I'm not mistaken. Aren't creature locations randomized in those situations?

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: March 15, 2022, 06:32:38 pm »

On a test reclaim of the current save, I actually found the elf and necro I brought sealed in the rooms I sealed them in, so it appears to work. Still not sure what the issue was with the troll, I must forgot to seal him.

I'm hoping sealing creatures means they can't leave a fort between saves.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: March 15, 2022, 06:53:03 pm »

On a test reclaim of the current save, I actually found the elf and necro I brought sealed in the rooms I sealed them in, so it appears to work. Still not sure what the issue was with the troll, I must forgot to seal him.

I'm hoping sealing creatures means they can't leave a fort between saves.
Prison fort

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: March 15, 2022, 07:04:53 pm »

That's an unlucky adventure. Thralls and ghouls can be very though if you encounter them early. 
I could have run, but I was in the "defend the hometown" mindset. I remember some wise adventurers seeing thralls and running away (I think yours did the same, including King Bralbaard and the kobold.

Prison fort
It's important for my plan, otherwise dwarven forts start getting spammed by humans, elves or worse and I lose my "exhibits"... I mean members. Yeah, members.

On an unironically unrelated note, does anyone know why Adilatír is more humans (of which most appear to be abstract ones) than dwarves? Are we getting the same phenomenon as we got with goblins in the elven civilization?

Edit: Moldath just returned to The Armors of Diamonds and took over Eskôn just before I unretired, completely independent from any actions I took as far as I know. As long as he doesn't impale dwarves as revenge, I'm perfectly fine with it.

The interesting thing is that if kesperan doesn't unretire him, he might get back in the line of becoming a Baron, Count or King of Adilatir. Or maybe he'll never advance from there. Who knows.

I sure hope he doesn't come my way in a migrant wave...

Ok, I discovered a weird tangled mess here. Evala (who killed Th4dwarfy1 and who I asked Avolition to resurrect) got himself again killed, by another undead. That same undead killed Urdim (The Prophetess of Dalzatèzum) and two plump helmet men (who I suspect they were the companions of an adventurer of the Museum's).

The next person who encounters Eko will either enter history for having slayer her, or be very unlucky.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 04:36:48 pm by Lurker Z »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: March 16, 2022, 12:30:23 pm »

The blind Sadist sure is active. It must be because he is a dwarf and a vampire. The behavior of entering new sites after being discovered unaging at the prior. I wonder if he would become some form of nobility by the time kesperan's next turn roles around.

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: March 16, 2022, 07:34:20 pm »

Edit: Moldath just returned to The Armors of Diamonds and took over Eskôn just before I unretired, completely independent from any actions I took as far as I know. As long as he doesn't impale dwarves as revenge, I'm perfectly fine with it.

Wait, what? Moldath shouldn't be anywhere near there. He should be classed as a citizen of the Staff of Kissing.

In fact, when I loaded up the game again as Moldath, the current General of the Staff of Kissing (the blighted thrall Oddom Musizhilral) was killed by a human mercenary, and Moldath immediately was promoted to General. I was going to try and engineer this into my next turn somehow, and roleplay it as a reward for gifting Queen Ral the immortality slab.

This is most vexing; if he has taken on a new identity and migrated back to a Walled Dye fort, he will lose all his masterwork gear and legendary artefact sword. Most vexing indeed.

If he does migrate to Newworld, your best bet is to immediately banish him.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 07:46:45 pm by kesperan »
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 265